• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF Menus

VbChristy

DIS Veteran
There a way to see what options are available Gluten Free in advance of a trip? I have a ressie at the new Italian restaurant at the Board Walk and I'm newly GF, I'd like to know what my choices will be. :)

In Google type in "Gluten Free Dairy Free at Walt Disney World". Sarah Norris has an awesome blog that will surely help you out!

Just some advice based on personal experience, italian places are probably the worst places to go if they make the pasta onsite because of the amount of flour that goes everywhere.

If you do eat there let us know what the GF options were.

I will. I did email the special needs dining people and I will let you know if they ever respond. The restaurant doesn't open until tomorrow so maybe we will know more after that.

I will. I did email the special needs dining people and I will let you know if they ever respond. The restaurant doesn't open until tomorrow so maybe we will know more after that.

They will - I emailed them about my nieces (both with Celiac) and it took them about 2 days but they got back to me with lots of details about the brands they use and an answer to my specific question.

BTW, we just got back and the kids were very happy with their food options. The GF bread they were served was always warm, so they liked it, and every server brought them their own butter. I think the nicest thing for them were the creme puffs at BOG.

I heard back from the special diet people- it was pretty non-specific.
The first email that I wrote received this response:
Trattoria al Forno has advised us that they offer a full gluten-free menu for breakfast and dinner.
The second email elicited this response:
Unfortunately, the restaurant is unable to provide more specific information pre-arrival. As mentioned previously, due to the large volume of meals served, vendors and suppliers occasionally swap out product. Therefore, menu items and preparation are often updated.
Gluten-free accommodations may alternate due to menu changes or at the discretion of the chefs at the location. Please know that Table Service locations traditionally offer no-gluten added products for the main menu items, such as breads and pasta.

So, not too much information. sigh. I am torn between keeping that reservation or trying out Raglan Road...

It isn't Disney owned I would bet by the answer as I suspected. If it were, they have lists they provide of the available products and so on. That is why it's nonspecific, it isn't their restaurant.

FWIW- I hear rave reviews of RR, including the GF fish and chips which are suppose to be amazing!

I heard back from the special diet people- it was pretty non-specific.
The first email that I wrote received this response:
Trattoria al Forno has advised us that they offer a full gluten-free menu for breakfast and dinner.
The second email elicited this response:
Unfortunately, the restaurant is unable to provide more specific information pre-arrival. As mentioned previously, due to the large volume of meals served, vendors and suppliers occasionally swap out product. Therefore, menu items and preparation are often updated.
Gluten-free accommodations may alternate due to menu changes or at the discretion of the chefs at the location. Please know that Table Service locations traditionally offer no-gluten added products for the main menu items, such as breads and pasta.

So, not too much information. sigh. I am torn between keeping that reservation or trying out Raglan Road...
I've eaten at Raglan Road and I've spoken to the chef at Trattoria Al Forno.

Raglan Road is wonderful. Now. A few years ago, I was "glutened." Big time. They served me fully glutened scallops. Someone messed up big time. At the time, I didn't know the secret of RR and gluten free. And that secret is parsley. They put parsley in their batter. You can see it, when they serve it to you. So if you go there or to Cookes of Dublin, make sure your battered food has green flecks in it.

The chef at the new restaurant is the same as it was at Cat Cora's place. He is staying on for a least a little while, before moving to another location. For the life of me, I can't remember his name. I was told that there would be Mickey waffles at breakfast and many pasta options at dinner. He seemed very enthusiastic about the new gluten free menu.

If I were you, I would keep your reservation and hit Cookes of Dublin counter service for fish and chips. (But I would order the shrimp and chips.)

I just read a very good gf review of the new Italian place on the boardwalk. Google gluten free in Orlando. She just went there. They have gf pasta, meatballs, and breaded items (all their breadcrumbs are gf in all their dishes). They do not have gf pizza yet tho.

I just read a very good gf review of the new Italian place on the boardwalk. Google gluten free in Orlando. She just went there. They have gf pasta, meatballs, and breaded items (all their breadcrumbs are gf in all their dishes). They do not have gf pizza yet tho.
Thanks. I did recently find her page and have been reading it like crazy.

Following the thread.

I too am a Celiac and my husband and son are GF to avoid CC but I imagine they will indulge in a few gluten treats when we go.

Anyways, I have been looking as well and I have noticed the Celiac message boards have information about eating GF there. Also I have found several GF food blogs that will do reviews as well.

Good luck! I have heard WDW is an amazing place to eat GF.

Following the thread. I too am a Celiac and my husband and son are GF to avoid CC but I imagine they will indulge in a few gluten treats when we go. Anyways, I have been looking as well and I have noticed the Celiac message boards have information about eating GF there. Also I have found several GF food blogs that will do reviews as well. Good luck! I have heard WDW is an amazing place to eat GF.
Please share the links to the other blogs you've found. I'd love to review them.

Currently loving this Blog.

gfinorlando.com

My DD5 and I both have Celiac Disease. DH eats GF at home to avoid Cross Contamination

Before I went to WDW last summer I found the "Gluten Free Disney Dining" app for my phone. It lists EVERY place to eat (TS, QS, snack carts) and what they serve that is gluten-free. I used it to make dining reservations, as well as deciding where to get a snack or lunch when I was in the parks. I highly recommend it!! Good luck!

Before I went to WDW last summer I found the "Gluten Free Disney Dining" app for my phone. It lists EVERY place to eat (TS, QS, snack carts) and what they serve that is gluten-free. I used it to make dining reservations, as well as deciding where to get a snack or lunch when I was in the parks. I highly recommend it!! Good luck!
this is great- thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter