GF or Poly

vbmedic52

Mouseketeer
So DH and I and our two boys (age (5 and 1) are going to Disney this October. I have a medical conference at the GF so I scored on a nice discount for the room at GF, standard view and not upgradable to dining plan or anything.

Never stayed at the GF, but visited a lot. Felt kinda uppity but of course that's just on the outside.

I was looking at other resorts, and we could stay at the Poly (our fav resort) but it would cost more $, not to mention me having to walk or take monorail to my conference at GF in the mornings (3mornings total) But with the poly we like having the option of walking to the TTC for Epcot, or monorail etc etc. plus I could add dining if I wanted or even upgrade to Concierge lounge (having kids ages 5 and 1 that maybe nice). Plus it's our favorite resort.

Oh and we are going for 9 days. Conference is 3 days. Got the GF discounted rate for 6 of the days, so 3 of the days we will have to either stay regular rate GF or stay somewhere else until we can check in to GF. Please help!

Last edited:
Our family likes GF over POLY so you know which way I would vote:) Maybe do a split between the 2, this way you will have stayed at GF and a good discount, to see if you do like it.

So DH and I and our two boys (age (5 and 1) are going to Disney this October. I have a medical conference at the GF so I scored on a nice discount for the room at GF, standard view and not upgradable to dining plan or anything.

Never stayed at the GF, but visited a lot. Felt kinda uppity but of course that's just on the outside.

I was looking at other resorts, and we could stay at the Poly (our fav resort) but it would cost more $, not to mention me having to walk or take monorail to my conference at GF in the mornings (3mornings total) But with the poly we like having the option of walking to the TTC for Epcot, or monorail etc etc. plus I could add dining if I wanted or even upgrade to Concierge lounge (having kids ages 5 and 1 that maybe nice). Plus it's our favorite resort.

Oh and we are going for 9 days. Conference is 3 days. Got the GF discounted rate for 6 of the days, so 3 of the days we will have to either stay regular rate GF or stay somewhere else until we can check in to GF. Please help!
so you cannot pay more to upgrade?

We were just at the Poly Club level with 2 15 year olds in a garden view room. Club level is not worth it there. It was much nicer at GF. We stayed in early December. The only they had that might be appealing for a 1 and 5 year old on club level at the poly was uncrustables.

I would take it as an opportunity to have a cheaper trip at GF and save Poly for a later trip.

We have never stayed at Poly but our family has wanted to forever. But, with all the renovations etc over the years we have been waiting. Next year will finally be our year!!!

We could have stayed there for our trip for next month, but we only have 4 nights at Disney and then we are doing a Disney cruise so we chose GF for part of our land portion in order to try it out. We will save Poly for next year and our normal 10 night stay. We are so excited!! :cloud9:

I would take it as an opportunity to have a cheaper trip at GF and save Poly for a later trip.

We have never stayed at Poly but our family has wanted to forever. But, with all the renovations etc over the years we have been waiting. Next year will finally be our year!!!

We could have stayed there for our trip for next month, but we only have 4 nights at Disney and then we are doing a Disney cruise so we chose GF for part of our land portion in order to try it out. We will save Poly for next year and our normal 10 night stay. We are so excited!! :cloud9:
So for our trip, the first 3 nights I have to make another reservation because I only go the cheap GF rate for the last 6 nights of our trip. So maybe the poly for those? Best of both worlds? Lol

So for our trip, the first 3 nights I have to make another reservation because I only go the cheap GF rate for the last 6 nights of our trip. So maybe the poly for those? Best of both worlds? Lol

If you don't mind moving mid trip, then the split stay between both may be a great option for you!!!

Since you have to make a separate reservation for the first 3 nights anyway, I would do Poly for 3 nights and GF, with the discount for the next 6 nights. Are you able to purchase the convention tickets with the GF room? If so, I would do that as well as it will save you about 10% off of the general public tickets. You can pick up those tickets early while staying at Poly if you choose.

Have a new experience and stay at the GF. It's beautiful and you will have a great time. Variety is the spice of life.

I agree with other posters that suggested the split stay. It is what I would do.

I vote split stay too. I wouldn't pass up an amazing discount, especially at a monorail resort.

I agree with both of the above. We've stayed at both resorts and while the Poly is our favorite, the GF runs a very close second, so doing a split between the two is a great idea, IMO :goodvibes.

I prefer the Poly but if I was going work related and everything was at the GF plus cheaper I'd just stay at the GF.

I always told dh if there was an issue at the Poly we would stay at the GF because I don't like the CR....unless I was in the tower Facing the MK in the suite. And that's saying a lot since I think the GF is too stuffy for me as well. Although tht last time at the Poly I felt like it was stuffy with the few people I talked with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter