GF RPC/Disneymoon: WEDDING VIDEO ADDED! 8/30

i just came across this and LOVED it. i can't wait for my wedding now. you made a beautiful bride! now i swear i will read the newer TRs

i just came across this and LOVED it. i can't wait for my wedding now. you made a beautiful bride! now i swear i will read the newer TRs

no one has commented on this in a WHILE! haha. so glad you liked it. now you have to read my other ones! I am still working on my most recent one! :goodvibes

no one has commented on this in a WHILE! haha. so glad you liked it. now you have to read my other ones! I am still working on my most recent one! :goodvibes

i know but in the beginning of one of the other TRs you were shamlessly plugging this one, so i HAD to, hahaha!

i also clicked to see your videos. you're seriously one of the prettiest brides i had ever seen. i loved your cake, but what were the necklace looking things all the bridesmaids picked up behind them??? was that their Bridesmaid gifts??? Also, whose lap were you sitting on?

OK now I will catch up to other TRs, I promise... Have you and DH thought about buying DVC? it looks like you LOVE some disney!

i know but in the beginning of one of the other TRs you were shamlessly plugging this one, so i HAD to, hahaha!

i also clicked to see your videos. you're seriously one of the prettiest brides i had ever seen. i loved your cake, but what were the necklace looking things all the bridesmaids picked up behind them??? was that their Bridesmaid gifts??? Also, whose lap were you sitting on?

OK now I will catch up to other TRs, I promise... Have you and DH thought about buying DVC? it looks like you LOVE some disney!

yes I am all about shameless plugs! they are called cake pulls. there is a charm on the end of each and it represents something like next to get married, next to have a baby, etc. I was just sitting on a groomsman's lap instead of using a chair haha. I absoultely loved my wedding videos. he did a great job! and I designed my cake myself! :P

thanks for reading! and yes we talk about DVC all the time, but my husband just graduated form law school two weeks ago and we have to pay off student loans first! haha

Hi Heather I just found this from your post on the May 2009 thread. I enjoyed reading it! I'm sorry your DH was so sick but it sounds like a great trip in spite of it all. Your wedding & reception pics were beautiful!! I'll have to admit I cried when you were describing leaving Disney property...I'm always sad to leave too!! My DH & I honeymooned at WDW back in 1991...I can't believe it has been that long ago!!

Anyway we will be at Disney the same time in May. We will be at Pop 5/23 - 5/31...maybe we'll run into each other in the parks one day or at the GF. We are planning to go to 1900 Park Fare one evening for dinner.

Hi Heather I just found this from your post on the May 2009 thread. I enjoyed reading it! I'm sorry your DH was so sick but it sounds like a great trip in spite of it all. Your wedding & reception pics were beautiful!! I'll have to admit I cried when you were describing leaving Disney property...I'm always sad to leave too!! My DH & I honeymooned at WDW back in 1991...I can't believe it has been that long ago!!

Anyway we will be at Disney the same time in May. We will be at Pop 5/23 - 5/31...maybe we'll run into each other in the parks one day or at the GF. We are planning to go to 1900 Park Fare one evening for dinner.
thanks so much for reading! i had a great time writing it! yay for going in may! say hi if you see me!

Still loving your TR!
thanks for reading!

DAY 8-departure day

We woke up about 8:30, and luckily had “gathered” our stuff the night b4 so there wasn’t a lot to actually pack. We checked obsessively under the beds, in the closet, etc. etc. since we had 4-5 counter service meals left, we decided to get breakfast at gasparillas. It was a gross day, so it made leaving not so hard. It was overcast and the misting rain. Yuck!
Sickly got the biggest breakfast you can get (he wanted to get his money’s worth!) and I got pancakes and bacon. We went to sit outside and it started to rain more so we went in and ate.

100_2443.jpg

look at sicklys plate, they gave him everything! sausage, bacon, waffle, pancake, eggs, hashbrowns, and a biscuit!

On our way back in we stopped in one of the shops and I bought a couple GF prints. We went upstairs to the 2nd floor and looked at our photopass pics, and just decided to buy the CD at home. I also got a GF picture frame. I wanted to get an ornament b/c we always do, but they only had one, it was a beautiful painted ball….35 dollars!!!! Are you kidding me? I said heck no and got outta there! We went back to our room, finished getting ready, I videotaped some more, and we called the bellhop to get our luggage. (they always ask how many bags you have, I DON’T KNOW! We had a ton of loose luggage so we said “I dunno like 15?” I think it freaked them out haha) we decided when the bellhop came we were going to leave the room for good, go back to gasparillas and get lunch to go, finish using our snack credits, and leave. We had a long drive ahead of us. I looked out the window I loved, and with tears in my eyes said goodbye to the view I knew I would never have again, and the room I would never see again. I got one last look, so I could burn it into my memory forever, and with that, I said “goodbye room” and we left and shut the door on room 4021 and our wonderful stay there. I sadly walked over to the elevator. Sickly knows I get like this and he tries to be supportive but its hard for him b/c he doesn’t really care haha. We went down to gasparillas and got a hot dog and pizza to go, and a ton of snacks, Mickey rice krispy treats, drinks for the road for our mini ice chest, etc.

100_2448.jpg

sickly getting our 80 million snacks haha

After we got our stuff, we walked around to the front and sickly went to get our car out of self park. I sat outside by the antique car on the edge of the planter thing and just soaked in as much as I could. It took sickly a while b/c self park is far away. When he pulled up we loaded in our luggage, shut the doors, and drove off. I was devastated. I had waited for this trip for so long, and now it was over, just like that. And now only that, we had a 9 and ½-10 hour drive ahead of us. Great.

100_2451.jpg

I took this as we pulled out :sad1:

As we left Disneyworld, I told it goodbye, and turned back around. I read the “see you real soon” sign and said to myself.. “I hope so…..”

100_2457.jpg

100_2458.jpg

the welcome sign out the back window of my car as we drove away.:sad1:

THE END.

****side note. It took forever to get home. We stopped in gainsville to see one of sickly’s groomsmen for a few minutes, got lost for about 30 minutes, were in a standstill on the interstate bc of an accident…and all kidns of fun stuff. We got to my parents house in NOLA at about 9:30 that night. We had left at 11:45 from Disneyworld. Ug! I drove the last 5 hours b/c I just wanted to get home! We stayed at my parents that night and got up, hung out with my mom a bit packed up my dog,(they babysat) and drove back to Mississippi. The 3 hour drive back seemed like nothing compared to the other drive! We got home, I looked out my window…no castle..just woods. :guilty: *****

THANK YOU all for reading! I had so much fun writing/remembering and reading your comments, I know you are sad, but its not over! I am going to continue this thread with a wedding weekend report, so stay tuned! It was very eventful!

Couldn't sleep and decided to read your honeymoon report.

#1 Sorry your hubby got sick - I how bad this sucks because I got sick during my last trip in December.
#2 I thought I was the only one who got misty and said goodbye to my room at the end of a trip - Thanks for making me feel normal :wave2:
#3 Thanks for the honest and entertaining stories , they were very enjoyable!
#4 You need to go back so you can write more reports :thumbsup2

Congrats on your marriage , your wedding dress is GORGEOUS!!!

Couldn't sleep and decided to read your honeymoon report.

#1 Sorry your hubby got sick - I how bad this sucks because I got sick during my last trip in December.
#2 I thought I was the only one who got misty and said goodbye to my room at the end of a trip - Thanks for making me feel normal :wave2:
#3 Thanks for the honest and entertaining stories , they were very enjoyable!
#4 You need to go back so you can write more reports :thumbsup2

Congrats on your marriage , your wedding dress is GORGEOUS!!!

thanks so much for reading!

I have gone back! three times since then lol. check out my siggy for my other reports. glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter