• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF to TTC/EPCOT - Quickest Route?

QueenofPrideRock

DIS Veteran
Which is the quickest route from the GF to the TTC: walk via the Poly or go ahead and take the monorail around the resort loop?

I figured if anyone would know, the Disboards would. Have an upcoming stay and do not mind walking at all, but if the monorail is actually faster, we'll stick with that!

Given the Poly Tower construction, the monorail will likely be the best option currently unless you want to Uber or Lyft to get there. Never having used either of those, I honestly don't know if they'd arrive speedily enough to beat the resort loop monorail. And, the cost may be offputting.

The GF-Poly path is currently detoured around the Poly Tower construction site with two street crossings. Some don't mind that at all, but if you've small kids or anyone with mobility difficulties, those might be a concern. As unpredictable (to be generous) as FL drivers can be on that street, we've decided to make do with the monorail.

Good luck 🍀 whatever you decide.

MINNIE Van will take you directly to the MK. Probably the quickest way to the MK

Hmmm, I've ridden the boat from MK to GF but not GF to Poly.

Given how often I've gotten to the monorail as the train left or it reached capacity before I could get on, it's possible the GF-Poly boat might be faster than the GF-MK-CR-TTC monorail given its stops at MK and CR. People generally hustle off and onto the train at the MK. That's often not the case at the CR.

It'd be a bit of a hike from the Poly boat dock to the pathway to the TTC. Might make the Poly-TTC walk 15+ minutes instead of roughly 10 if you walk it from the GCH.

Last edited:
Thank you all! Yes, goal is EPCOT directly from GF - not MK. (For that route, hopefully we'll have our pick between walkway, monorail and boat depending on how the construction is going during our stay.)

Given the Poly Tower construction, the monorail will likely be the best option currently unless you want to Uber or Lyft to get there. Never having used either of those, I honestly don't know if they'd arrive speedily enough to beat the resort loop monorail. And, the cost may be offputting.

The GF-Poly path is currently detoured around the Poly Tower construction site with two street crossings. Some don't mind that at all, but if you've small kids or anyone with mobility difficulties, those might be a concern. As unpredictable (to be generous) as FL drivers can be on that street, we've decided to make do with the monorail.

Good luck 🍀 whatever you decide.

It'll be a girls trip of 30-somethings so no strollers or mobility issues, luckily! The monorail is definitely iconic and I always love hearing "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas," but I am also a Type A-planner and got to wondering if walking directly from GF to TTC might get us to that EPCOT monorail quicker .... or not. :magnify:

And yes, WDW drivers can be .... an interesting breed. Great point I hadn't considered. :scared:

Not long after the GF-MK pathway opened, we thought it'd be fun to walk-roll (me walking, DH rolling his powerchair) from MK to the TTC to see how long it'd take.

I wasn't speedwalking by any measure but keeping at a purposeful pace, not pushing myself.

Took us about 45 minutes. Heckuva fun walk.

GF to Poly was around 15 minutes and about another 10 minutes to get to the TTC.

I've no idea how long the detour GF to Poly path may take and don't plan to find out. Dodging local drivers is not my idea of a fun break in my Disney day. Way too likely to result in things I don't want broken. 😉

A lot of variables to take into account, walking speed, arrival of monorail when you get to the GF station, crowds, etc. Because of the construction at Poly you now have to detour in a way that means you cross the road twice as opposed to staying around the backside of GF and Poly. I'm not sure where they comes out at Poly to get to the walkway to TTC. I like the idea of taking the boat from GF to Poly then walking to TTC from there but again, you are relying on the timing of the boat, it's possible if you just miss it you have to wait for it to go back to MK, drop off and reload then drop off a GF before you can even get on it. Same with the monorail if you just miss it. If your timing is right, I'm thinking the boat might be the fastest way with walking coming in second.

If Your goal is to get to
EPCOT early, a MV is probably the best plan.

As you have seen above you could run into a lot of issues/variations.
It will be an expense but it will get you to EOCOT early.

Monorail to Epcot is neat but slow. I've taken Lyft a couple times from Poly/GF to Epcot for speed reasons, or to BW to go in the back entrance.

The answer to your question is definitely the monorail, even if the path were open or you got unlucky on monorail timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter