GF Villas or Poly DVC for 20th Anniversary?

alice0826

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are planning to visit WDW next December to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We are considering staying at either the GF Villas or Poly DVC. Which would you choose and why? We’re looking forward to your suggestions. 😊

We have stayed in both (we own DVC) and both are great. I'm assuming the construction at Poly will still be going on, but I think you'd hear it from either resort (since VGF is close to where the construction is taking place).

Poly has a special place in my heart because that's where we stayed when I was a kid. However, the construction would keep me from staying there. I think I'd choose VGF. You'd have a better chance of less construction noise if you are at the pool, etc.

Thanks Holden! I’ve been leaning towards VGF, but I’m kind of sentimental about the Poly, so I was on the fence. I think the construction at the Poly would be enough to sway me towards VGF.

Thanks Holden! I’ve been leaning towards VGF, but I’m kind of sentimental about the Poly, so I was on the fence. I think the construction at the Poly would be enough to sway me towards VGF.
The construction at Poly is closer to the original DVC building at VGF than it is to the DVC buildings at poly. As the other poster said by next December I doubt you’ll notice it much from either resort.

Dec. is very very popular w/ DVC bookings, the 360 Poly studios should be easiest to book, next easiest would be the 202 resort studios in the newly converted BPK building at the VGF - but you’ll still likely need home resort booking priority for Dec. for both resorts. I suspect the 47 deluxe studios in the original VGF building will be booked really fast especially since some of those studios will be taken by 2 br. lock off bookings.
For a 20th anniversary splurge I’d probably opt for a 1 br. in the original VGF building w/ the king bed in the master & the lovely bubbler tub & I’d book it at 11 months (so next month :).)
Regarding construction noise, we were just in the original VGF building this Dec. & didn’t hear any Poly construction - although we could sort of see it from our balcony.09B28074-8C92-4821-8C56-1DE5772F5881.jpeg316BE09A-4A86-4610-B10A-927FBB0F9601.jpeg
The first image is from the boat showing that the Poly construction zone ends right by the GF wedding chapel. The second is from our balcony - the crane in the distance is the Poly construction.

Last edited:
Dec. is very very popular w/ DVC bookings, the 360 Poly studios should be easiest to book, next easiest would be the 202 resort studios in the newly converted BPK building at the VGF - but you’ll still likely need home resort booking priority for Dec. for both resorts. I suspect the 47 deluxe studios in the original VGF building will be booked really fast especially since some of those studios will be taken by 2 br. lock off bookings.
For a 20th anniversary splurge I’d probably opt for a 1 br. in the original VGF building w/ the king bed in the master & the lovely bubbler tub & I’d book it at 11 months (so next month :).)
Regarding construction noise, we were just in the original VGF building this Dec. & didn’t hear any Poly construction - although we could sort of see it from our balcony.View attachment 728248View attachment 728256
The first image is from the boat showing that the Poly construction zone ends right by the GF wedding chapel. The second is from our balcony - the crane in the distance is the Poly construction.
im going to GF 1 Bedroom in original villa bldg cant wait 56 days!!

Thanks so much everyone for your advice. I appreciate all of your help! We went ahead and placed a request for a studio at VGF. Hopefully we will be able to get it! Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

I think it depends on what you want as a couple. I think the VGF are more romantic as a setting but you can walk to either quite easily. We tend to do split stays quite frequently and are set for a VGF to Poly split in May. Although this is not for everyone we like how the vacation feels like it starts new. VGF does have the better Christmas décor if that factors in at all. I am booking for Dec 2023 myself and even at the 11 month mark VGF is tight. Good luck!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughtful advice! We tried to rent a studio at VGF, but we’re unable to get in. We finally scored a studio at the Poly! 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter