Ghirardelli's Ice Cream in Disney Springs. How good is it?

Lewandowski

Mouseketeer
On my next trip to Disney World in a few months, I am thinking of making a trip to Disney Springs, and was wondering how good Ghirardelli's Ice Cream is? I'm a huge ice cream lover and can be a snob at times, and was wondering if I should try it. One ice cream place I really like is Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and go there regularly and it's sooo good. How would you compare Ghirardelli's to Jeni's? I did hear that Ghirardelli's is better than Jeni's by a few people; would you say so?

I really love it! Pro tip - they have a brownie sundae on the menu, but order an a la carte warm brownie and a scoop of ice cream with chocolate fudge. Cheaper and better!

How would you compare Ghirardelli's to Jeni's? Which one is better?
We like Jeni's too since moving to an area with a store. I think it is better. I agree with Jennasis, while the ice cream at Ghiradelli's is good, it's nothing special. What makes Ghiradelli's special to me is the sundaes and toppings. They are more of a chocolate company than an ice cream one.

I grew up near the original Ghiradhellis in CA (and loved it) and am an ice cream nut. It’s okay. Great sundae choices, but the taste doesn’t wow me. We have access to lots of excellent homemade ice cream where I live now, so we are spoiled. The lines and lack of seating are also frustrating. I prefer Beaches and Cream.

I grew up near the original Ghiradhellis in CA (and loved it) and am an ice cream nut. It’s okay. Great sundae choices, but the taste doesn’t wow me. We have access to lots of excellent homemade ice cream where I live now, so we are spoiled. The lines and lack of seating are also frustrating. I prefer Beaches and Cream.

Beaches and Cream Also serves Edy's ice cream.

They do. But, they have better seating, and less crazy crowds. (If you can get an ADR or the walk up window reopens.)

Chocolate is a big draw @ Ghiradhelli‘s however if it isn’t the flavor that gives you goosebumps (that would be me) try Vivoli di Gelato. We head there for dessert after eating at Boathouse and sometimes we eat gelato instead of dinner.

On my next trip to Disney World in a few months, I am thinking of making a trip to Disney Springs, and was wondering how good Ghirardelli's Ice Cream is? I'm a huge ice cream lover and can be a snob at times, and was wondering if I should try it. One ice cream place I really like is Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream and go there regularly and it's sooo good. How would you compare Ghirardelli's to Jeni's? I did hear that Ghirardelli's is better than Jeni's by a few people; would you say so?
Before Vivoli il Gelato opened in Disney Springs, Ghirardelli was the family favorite - and we are not chocolate lovers.

Ghirardelli is a chocolate company and while many of the premium flavors are from a mass producer, many of the flavors are specially formulated for Ghirardelli.

Their whipped cream is fantastic!

The brownies and hot fudge are amazing. I really like the chocolate milkshakes as well. Their chocolate ice cream is a special recipe that you can't get anywhere else.

I personally don't understand the appeal of Jeni's ice cream. I've tried many flavors from the supermarket and never liked any enough to buy another pint or really think about it again. Meanwhile I go to Ghirardelli almost every time I am at California Adventure. Their sundaes and milkshakes are fantastic. FAR BETTER than B&C and Ample Hills (I couldn't stand that place).

I love ice cream. We traveled over an hour one time to drive to the mountains where there was a dairy making their own fresh ice cream...which was excellent by the way. I lived in California and had a Ghirardelli's close by, though it was in the tourist part of town so we didn't go often because of that and the cost. I now live in the South and had Jeni's, it was good (I'd say real good) but way to expensive for what you get. For me, both are good ice creams and similar. For me, there is good ice cream....like Jeni's and Ghirardelli's, and I'll get it and like it. But then there are those excellent, one of a kind places that are not chains, usually mom and pop places, that are one of a kind and excellent. That's what I like and look for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter