Gianna and Sophia's First Disney World Trip Sept. 2014

Dream426

Love Disney!!
Hi Everyone. I am finally posting my TR of my daughters first trip to Disney World. I have been planning to write this since last year. This is my first TR that I am writing so I hope you stay with me throughout. I am new at this. :)

A little background of who went on this trip and how the trip came about. My name is Gina. I have been to Disney World so many times I lost count. It is my absolute favorite place to go on vacation. My DH Jon became a huge fan of going to Disney World after he met me. He had never been and I made sure to brainwash I mean show him how great Disney World is. He loves it just as much as I do now and wishes we can go every year. Here we are:

My mom and mother-in-law came on the trip with us. Of course you need reinforcements when you take two toddlers to Disney World with you. They wouldn't miss their granddaughters first trip to Disney World though. I wouldn't want to miss it either.

Here is my mother-in-law:

And my mom:

This whole trip was planned for my two girls. Gianna who was 3 at the time and Sophia who was turning 17 months while we were on the trip. Gianna's first trip was originally planned for March 2013 but we found out I was pregnant with Sophia the September before so we had to cancel the trip. They were super excited to go especially Gianna. She asked every morning she woke up if we were leaving for Disney World. Here are my little princess:

Gianna

Sophia

I am going to warn you now that most of the pictures taken on this trip is of Gianna and Sophia. One because I hate pictures and two because it rained so much on this trip that any time I was able to take one I had to make sure I got it of them to have as memories for their first trip. So now that the introductions are out of the way the next post will be the start of our trip. Hope everyone enjoys and sticks around. Remember this is my very first TR. I am a newbie. :)

I can't believe your daughters are named Gianna and Sophia. My friend has daughters with the same names! #itsasmallworld

Yay i'm here! :banana:

Good work Gina! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

And oh my goodness, you look just like your mom!

I'm just excited that you started it!

I know. I hope I remember it...haha I think the hardest part was uploading the pictures and everything.

Following :wave: Can't wait to read more!

Thank you for joining!! :)

Looking forward to reading along

Thank you for joining!! :)

Your mother-in-law is the one in the middle, correct? ;)

Haha I think she would love to be that tall.

I can't believe your daughters are named Gianna and Sophia. My friend has daughters with the same names! #itsasmallworld

That is too funny. You know I have met a lot of people who have both Gianna and Sophia. Its one thing to have one the same name but both children its definitely a small world.

So I have been preparing (especially my oldest Gianna) for this trip since I booked it. As it got closer she has pretty much asked every morning are we going to Disney World today. This started probably 2 months out from our trip so to have to disappoint her every morning was very upsetting. I couldn't wait for the morning we were leaving to see her face all excited. The plan was to get up for our early 9am flight and leave the girls in their pajamas and take car service to the airport. I would change them at the airport and we would get breakfast. I wanted them to wake up by 7 when the car was coming to pick us up. I figured no problem because they had been getting up early for some reason. I even put them to bed a half hour early just to make sure. Well of course that morning 7am comes and goes. I had to wake both of them up at 7:15 which I did not want to do. I didn't want two cranky toddlers on an airplane. So I woke them up and we grabbed them still in pjs and put them right in the van. I didn't get my excitement face I had been waiting months for. I got a confused look of what is going on instead when I said we are going to Disney World. Here is a very blurry picture of them in the van going to the airport.

I didn't even get to fix Gianna's hair or take the pictures I wanted to take before we left. We made to the airport and made it quickly through check-in. We ran to our gate put our stuff down and I ran the girls to the bathroom to change. By the time I got out we were boarding so there goes breakfast. :sad1: Thank goodness I packed a bunch of snacks for the girls so I didn't have to worry about them. They actually did very well on the plan right. I had packed a Minnie Mouse suitcase each for them with toys, coloring books, mess free paint, snack. You name it I had it. I even got Gianna a Minnie Mouse backpack filled with stuff. Of course I didn't get a picture of them pulling their suitcase like I wanted to because we were in a rush. Oh well. Story of my life and this trip...haha

So I took my xanax (scared of flying) placed paci's in my daughters mouth and we were taking off. Now I don't know if it was the xanax or being preoccupied with my daughters (never flew with my children before) but it was the best flight I ever took. I didn't feel anything!!! They loved it also. I was nervous they would be scared but they thought it was great taking off. I got them each their own seat so we could have the row to ourselves and they were great. We landed and I just couldn't wait to get the our very first monorail right and to the Magical Express.

By the time we got on the Magical Express the girls were done sitting. They just wanted to get up and move around and it was almost Sophia's nap time. I tried to get a quick picture of the entrance like I always have to do every time. Not the best picture but I was excited we were finally here!!!

We finally arrived at our favorite resort the Grand Floridian. The girls were excited to get off and walk and I was excited to just walk through the entrance of the hotel. We went to check in. I was hoping for an upgrade of a 2 bedroom suite like we got on our last trip but it didn't happen this time. We got the joining rooms we requested. I also ordered 2 cribs and a double stroller from Kingdom Strollers that was waiting for us. As well as the groceries I ordered to have in the room. I was very impressed. Everything was brought to our room right away.

I let Sophia stretch a little and then it was nap time for her. I wasn't sure how she would do in a new place but she went right out. I was very happy. Now it was time to relax before our busy afternoon of walking/running in the pouring rain.

Up Next:
Epcot and Biergarten

I haven't forgotten about my trip report. The end of the summer has been crazy with going away, work and getting the girls ready for school. They both start Tuesday so I will get a couple of hours to myself. :) I am hoping to catch up on everyone's trip reports and to continue with mine. Hope everyone is well.

I'm so sorry! I missed this last update from months ago! :scared1:

As it got closer she has pretty much asked every morning are we going to Disney World today. This started probably 2 months out from our trip so to have to disappoint her every morning was very upsetting.

Ah, I guess it's a good reason to wait until a week before then? I can see DS being like this when he's a bit older, asking if today is the day for WDW. We're supposed to go to Disneyland in October and we've been watching firework shows and parades to get him prepared for it, so now he's asking, not everyday, but fairly often if, "Disneyland later??" :lmao: As in are we going to Disneyland today and I have to say not yet.

IMG_0644_zpsqhumwnmu.jpg

Well, she looks pretty happy if you ask me!

I didn't even get to fix Gianna's hair or take the pictures I wanted to take before we left. We made to the airport and made it quickly through check-in. We ran to our gate put our stuff down and I ran the girls to the bathroom to change. By the time I got out we were boarding so there goes breakfast.

Woah, time really does fly when you're trying to get situated at the airport. Even moreso with kids.

Story of my life and this trip...haha

:rotfl2:

So I took my xanax (scared of flying) placed paci's in my daughters mouth and we were taking off. Now I don't know if it was the xanax or being preoccupied with my daughters (never flew with my children before) but it was the best flight I ever took. I didn't feel anything!!!

That is awesome! Glad that it was a terrific flight!

Best sight ever.

Epcot and Biergarten

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter