Gideon's Bakehouse Frankenstein Cookie

Good to know. I enjoy crumble cookies but if there is not much of a difference, I won't bother wait in line
Best way to handle the line is to enter the virtual queue, then go to dinner(or lunch) elsewhere in Disney springs. They don’t care if you come back to Gideon’s long after you get the return text, so you don’t need to worry about dinner taking too long. We’ve never actually waited for Gideon’s, other than doing stuff we were going to be doing anyway. (And I wouldn’t recommend much extra effort for Gideon’s…aside from the cool decor, it’s just not that good).

We’ve had Gideon’s cookies several times and feel they are the best cookies we’ve ever had! I am also a professional baker and still feel that way! Gideon’s cookies are completely different than anything I make ( as intended by them) so I don’t compare them at all.
Some people say they are not worth it and “overhyped” but the truth is everyone will have their own opinion regarding the taste of something, and the only way to know how you’ll feel about them is to try them!

I may just have to get one coffee cake, Frankenstein, Bride, and pistachio toffee chocolate chip. Has anyone tried that last one? If it’s not great, I’ll get a second coffee cake!
The pistachio toffee might be my favorite of all the "regular" cookies. The flavor profile on it is more elevated than the others - you have the nutty, salty, but not too sweet on this one. When I go in December I'm going to probably get two of these so I have one to take home and freeze! You do have to like nuts/pistachios though, it has a very prominent flavor. For me that was a good thing!

BTW, I think your choices for your 4 cookies sound like perfection. Much like Chandler's gum. :laughing: (I apologize to anyone that doesn't repeat Friend's quotes on the regular.)

I wonder if they will freeze. We are going the week of Christmas and it appears the lines will be as long as any ride! :-)
They freeze really well I learnt this from popcorn enthusiast and Gideon’s cookie aficionado Carlye Wisel

What is “hot cookie hour?”

I’m so happy you gave me some feedback about the Frankenstein. I seriously may have to buy it and The Bride. I tend to enjoy white chocolate more, but I can’t imagine getting the Bride without also getting Frankenstein.

I started a thread asking about the cake slices but quickly realized that they probably don’t have my kind of cake. I am a white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting kind of girl. I have no interest in any other kind. From what I can gather, that isn’t really an option there. So I’ll stick with cookies.

I may just have to get one coffee cake, Frankenstein, Bride, and pistachio toffee chocolate chip. Has anyone tried that last one? If it’s not great, I’ll get a second coffee cake!
Take a look. When I went in the spring they had a lemon cake that was amazing and lemon is not something I would look for first. I bake quite a lot and the cake was moist and lovely. I ate it over 3-4 days and was still good. The slices are big and lots of frosting. I * think * that the cake slices might mimic the specialty cookies but I could be wrong.

Take a look. When I went in the spring they had a lemon cake that was amazing and lemon is not something I would look for first. I bake quite a lot and the cake was moist and lovely. I ate it over 3-4 days and was still good. The slices are big and lots of frosting. I * think * that the cake slices might mimic the specialty cookies but I could be wrong.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't like lemon flavor. I do not like chocolate cake, hummingbird cake, red velvet cake, devil's food cake, carrot cake, spice cake, strawberry cake, angel food cake, sponge cake, pound cake, pineapple upside down cake, and lots of other cakes. In other words, I do not like cake. There are only three kinds I do somewhat LIKE: cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, and coffee cake (thus why I love the coffee cake cookie). There is only one kind I LOVE: white cake with buttercream icing (including cupcakes). In fact, I make wedding cakes for friends. SO I really have no interest in trying the cake slices. I am a COOKIE lover! I'm having trouble narrowing down the cookies I want. So cake slices are not an option.

They freeze really well I learnt this from popcorn enthusiast and Gideon’s cookie aficionado Carlye Wisel
I wish I could bring some home to freeze, but we are flying Spirit with only backpacks so no room--unless I throw some clothes or toiletries away, which is very tempting!!!

Last edited:

Had the Frankenstein on most recent trip. It was good for what it was - a giant chocolate cookie with MMs on top. I didn't really get any flavor or extra oomph from the added Oreo pieces.

I think the exclusivity and novelty of Gideons are what make them so enticing. But if they are not running the virtual queue (sometimes they don't depending on the amount of people waiting) I wouldn't wait more than 15 min to get inside.

Lemon sounds amazing. Back in the late 90s (LOL) Pizza Planet (Cosmic Ray's?) sold iced lemon sugar cookies and they were the best ever. I'm still looking for something as yummy

Okay, so I just finished making the copycat recipe for The Frankenstein. All I can say is, OH MY!!! It is delicious, but VERY rich. Like you'd better have lots of milk ready! I made some that were 1/2 pound, but I also made some that were 1/4 pound. I like the smaller ones better. I kind of wish Gideon's sold smaller ones, so I could try even more! My next mission: the Bride of Frankenstein. But I'll need to wait until after Halloween or else I'll go into a sugar coma. I honestly don't know if I will order one at Gideon's next week. I'm sure theirs is even better than what I made, but I'm also sure it's just as rich (if not more). I don't know if I can handle it!

My favs in order are: Coffee Cake cookie (by far, I usually only get this one), pistachio toffee, and then Cookies and Cream. Seasonal the chocolate spicy cherry one in Feb. They are very popular, but I don’t like the Frankenstein or the Bride - I don’t like the crunchy hard M&Ms on the soft cookie. Too discordant.

My favs in order are: Coffee Cake cookie (by far, I usually only get this one), pistachio toffee, and then Cookies and Cream. Seasonal the chocolate spicy cherry one in Feb. They are very popular, but I don’t like the Frankenstein or the Bride - I don’t like the crunchy hard M&Ms on the soft cookie. Too discordant.
I've only tried the coffee cake, the peanut butter crunch, and the chocolate chip. I liked them in that order. Actually I didn't like the chocolate chip, which really surprised me. I totally agree with you. The coffee cake is far superior to the others. I'm definitely going to order the pistachio toffee one. I love M&M cookies, so maybe that's why the M&Ms didn't bother me. I was more focused on the melted chocolate in the middle which made the center even more ooey-gooey. I kept thinking, "I sure hope this is done!" But isn't that kind of what Gideon's goes for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter