Gideons cookies..OMG

mrs moon

Mouseketeer
Recent trip was the first time that someone in our party was desperate to have a Gideon cookie, so after finding the shop and realizing there was a queue, we stood in line for 40 mins ..When entering the shop the strong smell of chemicals hit us and i actually felt slightly sick.. We all choose a very expensive cookie and took a bite! Wow, all that fuss!!!!, ALL of us hated them, they were fatty tasting chemical smelling yuk and all went in the bin!!

We only like that ones that don't contain massive amount of chips so basically we only get the coffee cake and the oreo cookie. The rest of them just taste like your eating a bag of whatever they decide to put on top and not a cookie.

I think they're really good, but not worth the huge wait. 10-15 minutes is fine, anything more and I'll head to a bakery in my hometown on the way back from the airport.

I wanted to try them on our Honeymoon while my Wife was shopping and I was killing time doing the Christmas Tree Stroll but the line was pretty long and I decided against it.

I love the banana chocolate chip one. I get it every time and find that it tastes better than the majority of Disney desserts. The line hasn't been that long these days either. I haven't seen them use the virtual queue the past couple of times I've gone in.

I recommend the pumpkin chai cold crew as well. My mom loved the peanut butter one but I'm a huge pumpkin spice fan.

I've both made and have bought near-orgasmically good cookies and I never had to wait 40 minutes in line for them. No cookie is worth that.

I am a weirdo because my favorite part of any chocolate chip cookie is the actual cookie, not the chips. So most of Gideons cookies aren't my favorite. Too many chips!!! I did absolutely love the coffee cake one, though. I was fine standing in line to get it the one time we did, but haven't been moved to do that again. Maybe some day. My husband and son did enjoy the others, but neither has expressed any interest in going through the hassle of getting them again, so I guess that says something. I will say that the sip I tried of the cold brew ( I think it was french toast flavored?) that my husband got was outstanding.

To each their own. We absolutely LOVE their cookies! We had them for the first time last April (from the Disney Springs store), and have been going back ever since. If the line's too long we head over to their Orlando location because the wait is non-existant and the menu's exactly the same.

I haven't smelled the chemical smell; I like the coffee cake cookie the best but some of the others were just too rich for me. I did like the PB cold brew a lot.

I am a weirdo because my favorite part of any chocolate chip cookie is the actual cookie, not the chips. So most of Gideons cookies aren't my favorite. Too many chips!!! I did absolutely love the coffee cake one, though. I was fine standing in line to get it the one time we did, but haven't been moved to do that again. Maybe some day. My husband and son did enjoy the others, but neither has expressed any interest in going through the hassle of getting them again, so I guess that says something. I will say that the sip I tried of the cold brew ( I think it was french toast flavored?) that my husband got was outstanding.
What is so special about these cookies? Are they dusted with cocaine?

I love Gideons cookies! And when I look at the price of cupcakes or other baked goods at DW, I don’t think the cookies are overpriced for what you get.

I’d say I’d wait 10 minutes max. But we got lucky the last week of August with zero wait. :) It was super hot inside the store that day. No chemical smell though. They ended up closing the following day for 3 days due to an air conditioning issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter