Gideons cookies..OMG

Not sure about the smell...
The cookies, however, we do find over-rated. Not bad, but definitely not worth the hype. IMO, for what that's worth, Gideons is all about the "instagram age." That is to say, the place, and especially the cookies, are photo-friendly. Everyone loves posting pics of the place and the cookies on social media...

Gideon's is FOMO ground zero. The cookies are gummy and expensive (fact, not opinion), and the sheeple keep lining up.

Exactly what we thought. We tried it once a few years ago. I got in the virtual cue & then we went to a movie. I still waited about an hour after the movie for my turn. My husband was astounded I was going to pay $6 for 1 cookie. Which I couldn’t even finish. Not because it was too big, but because it tasted half raw & gross, gummy describes it very well. One & done for us.

Gideon's is FOMO ground zero. The cookies are gummy and expensive (fact, not opinion), and the sheeple keep lining up.
I agree the cookies are expensive and some (but not all) can be on the chewy side (its why i compare more to a small slice of cake than a traditional cookie). But its just wrong to call people who line up to buy them "sheeple". Like or don't like it, everyone has their preferences. I don't understand the people that line up for nasty turkey legs or bland ice cream at WDW, but I recognize that different people have different tastes. People line up for Gideons (or turkey legs or whatever) because they like the product, not because they are docile or manipulated

To be honest when i stood in line i was a bit of a "sheepie" that was manipulated into believing by the other "sheepies " stood in long lines that the cookies were something amazing!

To be honest when i stood in line i was a bit of a "sheepie" that was manipulated into believing by the other "sheepies " stood in long lines that the cookies were something amazing!
Really? Because your OP implied that someone else in your party wanted to try it, not you. If you were manipulated by anything, it seems it was a desire to make someone else happy, not the cookie. Personally, I don't consider that being some kind of brainless manipulated customer. Seems like you were being a good friend

Every time we have been inside Gideon’s, it has smelled like chocolate. Never smelled anything chemical in the slightest but maybe there was a “protein spill” they had cleaned up recently. 🤷‍♀️

We enjoy the cookies, cakes, and cold brews very much. Everything is overpriced at Disney so it’s hard to feel Gideon’s is especially so. In fact, we ordered a whole cake for our upcoming trip and, at 60 bucks for 15 pounds of cake, that seems like a downright steal compared to mediocre tasting Disney cakes!
You can order a whole cake?? How do you go about that? We are going in December and are celebrating one persons birthday.

I stop by every trip to get at least one cookie. The way they make their cookies are the way I like mine. I like a soft cookie vs a hard, crunchy one and I am also a chocolate lover and like the level of chips they use. I understand how some people may not like or enjoy their levels of richness or texture but for me it works. I have yet to find any cookie, pastry or dessert shop that makes a better cookie. I don't think it's expensive and honestly would put it at a good value at $6 but that could just be where I'm from being higher cost of living than others.

My favorite is the banana bread chocolate chip. As long as they keep that and the coffee cake, I will continue to stop by for a nice morning breakfast cookie.

Aw, c'mon. It's OK to admit you felt just the slightest twinge of jealously and excitement when you saw all those people leaving with the much coveted large Gideon's brown paper shopping bags! 🤓

PS: It's sheeple: sheep + people.

Another one in the 'meh' category. We knew the hype and waited earlier this year. Fun experience, mediocre product - in our opinion. Even though the daily 'calorie counter' goes way up on Disney trips, we still prefer to enjoy those calories! These cookies were not worth that investment - just not good enough! Clearly there are many or you who love it - Enjoy!! It's one less line we need to return to, which means others will get through faster!!

The cookie and cake slice menu is the same, but the drinks are only available at Disney Springs.
That's what I meant, but I guess I should've been more specific. I don't normally order any of the drinks from Gideon's so it completely slipped my mind to mention that. :)

People aren't sheeple just because they line up for something that you don't like. I'll agree they're pricey, but what isn't at Disney World or anywhere really? I don't get the appeal of Mickey Bars especially at over $6.00, or Crumbl Cookies (which I had to try as well :teeth:), but everyone has different likes and tastes, and it's completely okay to recognize that.

I agree the cookies are expensive and some (but not all) can be on the chewy side (its why i compare more to a small slice of cake than a traditional cookie). But its just wrong to call people who line up to buy them "sheeple". Like or don't like it, everyone has their preferences. I don't understand the people that line up for nasty turkey legs or bland ice cream at WDW, but I recognize that different people have different tastes. People line up for Gideons (or turkey legs or whatever) because they like the product, not because they are docile or manipulated.
Exactly! We got there early one day last March after reading their cookie reviews online. You won't know if you like something unless give it a try right? My weakness is baked goods, cakes, cookies, you name it, so I had to get one cookie as a taste test, not because the long line of people made me want to go in there. :rolleyes2 After realizing I loved everything about that chocolate chip cookie, I knew I was a fan, but now we go to their Orlando location when we're in the area instead. So am I a sheeple or just someone who loves cookies?

You can order a whole cake?? How do you go about that? We are going in December and are celebrating one persons birthday.

You can preorder it online, but you have to pick it up at their original location at East End Market. Unfortunately, no whole cakes at Disney Springs.

I love the coffee cake cookie and my new favorite is the pistachio toffee cookie! But I won't wait more than about 20-25 minutes for them. I usually try to arrive early when there isn't much line or sign up for virtual queue if the wait has gotten long enough for them to start using it.

In my book, "waiting" for 1-3 hours in the virtual queue and then standing in the actual line for 20 minutes is still only a 20-minute wait because I'm shopping, dining, etc. until I get the text and then I can return at my leisure and wait in line for a reasonable amount of time.

As much as I like Gideon's cookies, I would never stand in a 1-hour + line for them. I'll just get some next time I visit. But I imagine there are a lot of people in that line who have heard the hype and this may be their only chance to try them, so they feel like they have to wait or miss out.

I love the coffee cake cookie and my new favorite is the pistachio toffee cookie! But I won't wait more than about 20-25 minutes for them. I usually try to arrive early when there isn't much line or sign up for virtual queue if the wait has gotten long enough for them to start using it.

In my book, "waiting" for 1-3 hours in the virtual queue and then standing in the actual line for 20 minutes is still only a 20-minute wait because I'm shopping, dining, etc. until I get the text and then I can return at my leisure and wait in line for a reasonable amount of time.

As much as I like Gideon's cookies, I would never stand in a 1-hour + line for them. I'll just get some next time I visit. But I imagine there are a lot of people in that line who have heard the hype and this may be their only chance to try them, so they feel like they have to wait or miss out.
Yes! Love the coffee cake and also the pistachio toffee. I also really like the key lime but they only do that one month out of the year.

I agree as well, if I'm 'waiting' in a virtual queue but shopping or something, I don't care. I will usually go next door to Wine Bar George and hang out until it get called. Standing in line for 20 minutes isn't bad for me at all.

The only time I stood in an hour line was last year for the key lime cookie. I was flying back home on the first day they offered it, so I went to Disney Springs right when they opened to get some. They hadn't started the virtual queue yet so it was a 'regular' line. They told me it would be about 45 minutes; it was a little over an hour.

You can preorder it online, but you have to pick it up at their original location at East End Market. Unfortunately, no whole cakes at Disney Springs.
That's because the DS location is essentially just a brick-and-mortar food truck. There's no baking happening at that particular bakehouse. Anything bought there came in on a truck, ready-to-sell. Gotta love 'em, though, they keep the FOMOs standing in line.

That's because the DS location is essentially just a brick-and-mortar food truck. There's no baking happening at that particular bakehouse. Anything bought there came in on a truck, ready-to-sell. Gotta love 'em, though, they keep the FOMOs standing in line.

Yes, some companies, including bakeries, have a central manufacturing facility which distributes products. Gideon’s only has the one additional location, not far away from the bakery.

On a scale from 1-10, the judges give this attempted trolling a 1.75. Fact, not opinion. Do better. 😉

Can anyone compare the cookies from Gideon's to those from Levain Bakery? I love the ones from Levain but I don't know that I'd stand in line more than 10-15 minutes for them. I'm lucky that my son lives in Manhattan and he just orders Levain cookies through Door Dash a few hours before he's leaving to come visit us and brings the cookies with him. No line waiting involved. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter