• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideons Saturday Morning

Auntof2

Mouseketeer
I have a plan for Saturday that I may need to give up on due to tight timing. I really, really, want the crumb cake at Gideons, and we have a lunch reservation at 11am at Homecomin. I realize any day can be different from those past, but if my goal is to get in and out of Gideons by 11, how early should I be there?

The parking garage opens at 9:30. Line up then, they’ll open at 10 and you’ll be done quickly. Get the Coffee Cake cookie if you’re there in the morning. They’re only available in the morning until they sell out. If you like snickerdoodle cookies, this one is for you!

This is helpful, thank you! If we're ubering do they hold drop offs til 930 as well?

Something to keep in mind is that guests staying at Saratoga Springs (and maybe the Disney Springs hotels?) can walk into Disney Springs before the parking garage opens so by the time you get there, there may already be a line.

This is helpful, thank you! If we're ubering do they hold drop offs til 930 as well?

Something to keep in mind is that guests staying at Saratoga Springs (and maybe the Disney Springs hotels?) can walk into Disney Springs before the parking garage opens so by the time you get there, there may already be a line.
If the goal is to be done by 11, unless it’s the first of the month (new cookie and merch drop), I think you’ll still be done in time. Get the peanut butter cold brew, too! And the cookies and cream cold brew if you like your drinks sweet.

Thank you! I can report back next Saturday on if I am successful or not (realizing I didn't specify which Saturday - is a week from today). We're at the Swan so I am thinking we can just uber over at 9 in hopes of being in line by 930.

Update as this took place yesterday.

We took a Lyft from the Swan with pick-up around 845 and arrived at the west entrance (Cirque) of Disney Springs a little before 9, so by the time we got to the security entrance they were just starting to let people in.

We didn't rush to Gideons, but walked at a regular pace and when we got there were about 20 people back in line, but still on the same side as the main line (it soon wrapped around the building to Morimoto). We were called into the building around 10:15 and were out by 1020, and were able to get the crumb cake. It was good, but not sure that it was worth the wait good, but very glad I tried it.

Some tips if anyone reads this in the future - the line is in direct sunlight. This was a quick stop for us along with lunch before heading to the airport, with the July heat I was missing my neck fan and cooling cloth. We also had UV protectant umbrellas that I wish I had brought with us as well, a few people in line were prepared with those and I was so jealous and kicking myself for not bringing supplies that were packed and sitting in my hotel room.

Also, not mentioned in my original post, but I had planned on bringing our luggage with us and then heading to the airport from Disney Springs. While we only had carry on size bags, with the heat, and how far the drop off area is from Gideons, I am SO happy that I left our bags at the hotel and went back for them. Yes it was an extra $10 ride (free if we had waited for a bus), but totally worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter