• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideon's

disnee9

Mouseketeer
I recently read that Gideon's Bakehouse no longer has a virtual line. Is this correct ???

I read this week they moved the location you can join it to the front of the store, but it depends on how busy they are. They don't always have it.

What's the best plan to make sure you get into the virtual queue or get what you want at Gideon's? Going in a few weeks and dedicating a day to DS! It will be a Sunday, but we will also have Sat afternoon/eve available.

What's the best plan to make sure you get into the virtual queue or get what you want at Gideon's? Going in a few weeks and dedicating a day to DS! It will be a Sunday, but we will also have Sat afternoon/eve available.

The earlier you can get there the better. Every time I've gone, the virtual queue has been around 3 hours (usually an actual wait of 2- 2.5 hours) - including when we arrived right after opening around 10:15am. I've heard of people having to wait up to 5 hours, especially at the weekends.

We were there on Friday. Planned to arrive right at 10 but waited a long time for the bus to get there so probably arrived more like 10:30. Virtual queue had an 80 min wait and I think they texted about 5 mins early. Then it was about 20 mins wait to order but I got both the cookies I wanted (finished the whole process at 12:20).

I went last Thursday and was staying at SSR. They let us walk over at 9am exactly and we were the 4th group in line. They opened at 9:45 and we were done by 10am.

I went last Sunday. Arrived at 9:20. Was inside by 10:05. I walked over from OKW. The buses from the resorts do not start running until after 10:00 which means you will not arrive until after opening. I definitely suggest walking over from Saratoga Springs.

I was there on Saturday morning. I took an Uber from Caribbean Beach at @9:30am. I was told that the buses from the resorts don’t run until 10am. I walked up to Gideon’s at 9:50. The line went around the side of the building. There was a guy with an iPad at the end of the line who said that they were starting the virtual queue. They allow a certain number of people in the actual line and then start virtual line when it gets too long. I was told that the call back time was 1 hour and 40 minutes. I went shopping and received a text to come back at 11:00am (1hour and 10 mins). There was a small line when I returned....maybe 15 mins. The cookies are good.... but the peanut butter cup cake is AMAZING!!

I was there on Saturday morning. I took an Uber from Caribbean Beach at @9:30am. I was told that the buses from the resorts don’t run until 10am. I walked up to Gideon’s at 9:50. The line went around the side of the building. There was a guy with an iPad at the end of the line who said that they were starting the virtual queue. They allow a certain number of people in the actual line and then start virtual line when it gets too long. I was told that the call back time was 1 hour and 40 minutes. I went shopping and received a text to come back at 11:00am (1hour and 10 mins). There was a small line when I returned....maybe 15 mins. The cookies are good.... but the peanut butter cup cake is AMAZING!!
We tried the cake (I can't recall which one) and the cookies (an assortment) and I felt the cake was better. I like my cookies with a bit of crunch, and these were soft, so personal taste.

In any case, its an enjoyable treat and the virtual line works well.

I haven't heard of anyone trying this strategy so I'm guessing it's not possible... Could we stop at DS on our way in from the airport, get on the virtual waitlist, and then go back to DS later to buy our cookies? Is it too hard for someone to drop you off and wait while you go join waitlist? Do you have to remain in DS in order for your waitlist to come up? How long is your return window?

I haven't heard of anyone trying this strategy so I'm guessing it's not possible... Could we stop at DS on our way in from the airport, get on the virtual waitlist, and then go back to DS later to buy our cookies? Is it too hard for someone to drop you off and wait while you go join waitlist? Do you have to remain in DS in order for your waitlist to come up? How long is your return window?
We waited about 10 minutes to sign up for the waitlist, then waited about 90 minutes until when they texted us, then another 30 minutes to wait to enter the store, then another 10 minutes to buy our items.

Your strategy probably may not save any time because visiting Disney Springs can be extremely time-consuming.

From the time you leave your resort to the time you reach the bakery could be more than an hour. There can be traffic around Disney Springs. You may encounter parking garage delays. You have to go through security and temperature check.

Much of the time you are "saving" would be spend parking, driving and standing in the security line.

My suggestion for someone who wants the cookies would be to immediately go to Gideon's to get on the virtual queue, then go eat lunch or dinner and shop around for a while.

Pretty much what everyone else has said. If you go in the evening, prepare to wait a few hours. I walked right up and got a spot in virtual queue, and we only waited about 2 hours. This was 2 weeks ago. Another night we had gone it was a 3-4 hour wait, so it depends. The day we got the 2 hour queue was 2 Sundays ago (4/11) where there were torrential downpours all day, so that may have cleared out the area a bit.

When they text you to pick up your order, is there a time limit that you have to return within?

When they text you to pick up your order, is there a time limit that you have to return within?
You don't order in advance. It's a virtual line to enter the store and shop.

1. You go to the store and a worker will take your information outside on a tablet.
2. You can leave and shop or whatever. We waited about 2 hours in early afternoon on a weekday.
3. You receive a text that it is your turn.
4. You get in line outside the store. It's about 20 minutes or so depending on how fast people are shopping. They let 2-3 people enter at a time or so.
5. You enter the bakery, shop and buy your items.

They don't always have a virtual queue. It is only if it is needed. They also will cut off the queue if too many are in it in the evening.

Can you stop by in the morning, sign up for the virtual line, then go to the parks and show up at night to shop? I don't know if there is a return window or not. If there is one, it likely is pretty generous, but is it 8 hours or something? I don't know.

You don't order in advance. It's a virtual line to enter the store and shop.

1. You go to the store and a worker will take your information outside on a tablet.
2. You can leave and shop or whatever. We waited about 2 hours in early afternoon on a weekday.
3. You receive a text that it is your turn.
4. You get in line outside the store. It's about 20 minutes or so depending on how fast people are shopping. They let 2-3 people enter at a time or so.
5. You enter the bakery, shop and buy your items.

They don't always have a virtual queue. It is only if it is needed. They also will cut off the queue if too many are in it in the evening.

Can you stop by in the morning, sign up for the virtual line, then go to the parks and show up at night to shop? I don't know if there is a return window or not. If there is one, it likely is pretty generous, but is it 8 hours or something? I don't know.
Thank you so much! We were thinking we would sign up before dinner and hopefully be able to get cookies later for dessert. I have read that they often close down the virtual line at 6:00 or 7:00, so we should be able to get there by then. I've also heard that the selection later in the day may be slimmer, but we're not too picky. It will be our arrival day, and we just want to try a Gideon's cookie! :)

Thank you so much! We were thinking we would sign up before dinner and hopefully be able to get cookies later for dessert. I have read that they often close down the virtual line at 6:00 or 7:00, so we should be able to get there by then. I've also heard that the selection later in the day may be slimmer, but we're not too picky. It will be our arrival day, and we just want to try a Gideon's cookie! :)
I would suggest going there as soon as you arrive at Disney Springs to sign up for the virtual line.

Disney Springs gets more crowded as the evening goes on, so I like ending my time there with dinner as opposed to eating dinner, then trying to walk around.

I would highly suggest a cake slice too! We went on our trip (family of 5) we got 4 different cookies and 2 different slices of cake
The cookies were darn good cookies
But what we all still talk about are the cakes !
They are amazing...and I’m a cake connoisseur! The Andie’s Mint and another that was chocolate and toffee and coffee but I can’t remember the actual name both were delicious and shareable size...although my daughter wouldn’t and ate her other half the next day for breakfast 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter