• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gideons

disnee9

Mouseketeer
Is Gideons still doing the virtual queue ?? Do they use it all day long ?? If we arrive in the afternoon is there any chance we can get in without joining the line ?? We don't arrive in Florida until midafternoon.

Is Gideons still doing the virtual queue ?? Do they use it all day long ?? If we arrive in the afternoon is there any chance we can get in without joining the line ?? We don't arrive in Florida until midafternoon.

Is Gideons still doing the virtual queue ?? Yes
Do they use it all day long ?? Generally, yes.
If we arrive in the afternoon is there any chance we can get in without joining the line ?? No

The last time I went late afternoon (June) I joined the virtual queue and was called like 45 minutes later. It really just depends on the day/crowds etc.

Update to original question. I went to Gideon's on two separate occasions on week days and was able to get in a short line out front and was inside within 5 minutes. No virtual queue needed. I do need to say that the crowds at the parks and Disney Springs were at unprecedented low levels and lines basically didn't exist at the parks either. 5 minute waits were the norm.

As to cookies: We tried the chocolate chip, peanut butter, and the coffee cake. They were all outstanding. Can't beat a good chocolate chip cookie heavy on the chocolate chips.

We have been there when the line is so short that they do not use a VQ. Today the early afternoon return VQ line was enormous (a friend sent me video). But it's important to note that once you get in the VQ and are notified that you can return, you can go back at any point until close (they've told me in the past that. they appreciate a text back to let them know you'll be there much later, but I don't know if they really care)

On Sept. 27, we just joined the line outside in the afternoon and waited about 15 minutes. No VQ.

I have had the cookies twice (once from the Orlando location and this time as DS) and have to say I won't go out of my way to get them again. At best, they're . . . cookies. At worst, they are expensive cookies--and too sweet and cooked weird. They are thick in the middle and that part seems undercooked. (Yes, you are allowed to like cookies cooked that way. for $5/$6 a cookie, I do not.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter