Gift Basket questions/suggestions

sandiegosusie

DIS Veteran
I was hoping to get some feedback regarding gift baskets for our cabins...Who should I buy from? If anyone has purchased through the cruiseline, were you happy with your basket? Does anyone have the info on baskets not through the DCL but Disney themed?

I second that motion.....Shirley isa the best and she has a great delivery guy too......

Phyllis

Ordered 2 from Shirley in January and another 2 for our October cruise. They will customize your basket with anything you want.

They will also sign the card anyway you want. My DD8 was convinced that Mickey himself put the basket together because he knew exactly what she liked!

I have also ordered two baskets for our upcoming trip in November. The Perfect Gift was very helpful and I was able to customize for my daughter and husband -

Karen

I have been reading posts for over a year and I have heard nothing but good things on this board about Shirley and the crew at The Perfect Gift. You can call her directly and ask for special stuff to be put in the baskets. She goes out of her way to make every basket special. Good Luck!!!

I would contact Shirley. I was just at her shop a couple of weeks ago, and checked out the 'goods'. I must say that the photos on the web site don't even do justice to all the lovely baskets she has made up...

Hi Susie. For another "Perfect Gift" recommendation, please see my thread on the DCL Trip Reports. Shirley and staff are the best!

Another recommendation for Shirley!!!! We have ordered two baskets from her and were extremely pleased with the service and customization provided. The recipients were very pleased as well!!! We had some off the beaten path requests and Shirley and crew handled it with no problem!!!!

MJ

Good morning everyone,
Haven't been for awhile - unfortunalty my family has been having some health/death porblems and just have jumped into the shop even harder. (since my thoughts are if you stay busy, if only cleaning, painting thinking forward to the holidays etc, the brain only has enough think cells to overload :D )
First to all of those that have stopped by the shop - You can never imagine what a thrill it is for me - each of those just share so much about their state and family is so great for me since I have never traveled very far from my homestate and of course I get to play the mama hen -

Thank you for the wonderful notes - we try super hard to make sure everything is perfect and we do go out on the ledge many times trying to find special stuff, but every basket is our only one.

Anyhow thanks again and know that I care and please drop me a note every so often so that I will know each are doing good.
God bless each and all and here is a B-I-G hug from Florida.
Huggggggggggggggggggggssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Luv ya
Shirley and crew (even the cute delivery guy)

without a question or hesitation....perfect gift! LOVE Shirley and Norm!! We got a gift "basket" for my daughter when we cruised...actually it is a canvas backpack in the form of a Mickey shaped head. She uses it an awful lot....it's not big enough for her school books, but it is super for traveling. She puts books and papers in the "head" and then in the ears, she hides little things from her little brother! It's one of the best souveniers she has!!!:p

She is absolutely the GREATEST!. My son loves yugioh (kinda like pokemon) and she graciously let me send her some yugioh stuff to encorporate into my wine package. She is by far the nicest, most caring business person I have ever encountered! I can't wait to see the look on Mike's face when we walk into the cabin. (yes I am a doting mom- it's my birthday and I give him the gift)
She also has the cutest dog (you can see it on her website) so you KNOW she is a great person. (we have a cute little dog too)
Go with Shirley and you will never go wrong!!! Ann

yet another vote for Shirley!

Shirley made the most magical box of goodies for my son who was 13 during our recent Magic cruise. It included lots of chocolates and sweets, a sport radio, binoculars, a mickey mug and other stuff and was topped off with a huge mylar happy birthday balloon. His face was a picture when he spotted it in the cabin.
We called in to say hello and thank you on the way back to Orlando after the cruise and Shirley is such a sweetie . Her shop is a real treasure trove and the example baskets she has made up are all out of this world.Prymsu is right, the website pictures do not do them justice...you'll just have to order one to find out!!!:D

Can you also purchase shipboard credits beforehand from Shirley, as you can from DCL's gift baskets?

I wish we could do shipboard credits, but unfortunalty that is Disney's territory and we can not cross over ----:(

To anyone that is interested - we now do the "Princess" baskets with the choices of Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Tinkerbell, (oh my gosh I forgot the 2 others name) ---We have The Beast also --he is so cute - we still try to stay with your budget and we still try to make it pretty. Man oh man if these would have been available when I was little, I would have been in 7th heaven. My favorite -of course Belle, but that is why there is choices.
anyhow thanks again everybody -------3cheers - are you home yet? drop me a note and let me know how your trip home was - I sincerely enjoyed you and your family when you stopped by the shop and yep --I still want to go to England --------someday.
Hugssssssss from "warm" Florida
Love always
Shirley

I bet you could get her to put disney dollars in the basket though and they can be turned in against a shipboard credit. Like if you asked her to add 50.00 in disney dollars to a gift basket the person you sent it to could then take those dollars down to the desk and put them on their account. I would think she has access to them as we have a disney store here in MA. that sells them (ten disney dollars costs ten U.S. dollar- but there would have to be a cost involved with her having to go get them I would imagine) or you could buy them and send them to her. If you really wanted to surprise someone with a credit and a basket that might be the way to go.
(Please note I did not ask Shirley in advance before I posted this suggesstion so it may not be possible but it was a thought- she is so wonderful that if it's possible I am sure she would do it for someone, she's just that kind of person!)

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
WE LOVE SHIRLEY:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When we cruised in January I used the Perfect Gift for a beautiful gift basket for my DD. It was (I think) the mickey mouse pail and shovel. I also sent Shirley some stuff I picked up and she included them in the arrangement. She did a wonderful job. Thanks Shirley!

For our next cruise (June 03) I've been gathering some things that I purchased from the Disney store on clearance. They had a pedicure set, an assortment of hair pins and nail polish sets for about $2-$3 each. I plan on sending them to Shirley for our next basket. I'm shooting for a princess theme.

Mary

Hello there -This is Shirley from not so sunny and ugghy weather, BUT I can NOT complain - I spoke to Tony (the other half of Barb) this morn and they are down in the teens --in other words very cold ---coming from an island that other than hurricane seasons, we enjoyed tropical weather all year long ----Key West that is -

Now I would be most happy to include Disney Dollars BUT the only Disney shop that was close to me closed down about 2 years ago and the closest one I have is in Orlando - NOW if there is enough calling for them, Norm and I will be more than glad to run over to Orlando and pick them up to have on hand for those that would like them included in the baskets - just drop me a note and let me know - By the way Ann that was a great idea.

Now as for sending stuff to be included in your baskets, I sincerely don't mind a bit ---just as long as it is within reason - so far everyone has done awesome --noone has gone beyond unreasonable.

Again remember if anyone gets into any needs while here, just call the shop and we will help in any way we can. 800-950-4559 and my cell is 321-508-2246 which reminds me does anyone know why our area code is 321? It use to be 407 and when it was changed last year - it was taken from the Shuttle launches last three number countdowns. Just another tidbit.

Anyhow everyone have a great weekend - hugsssssssss from florida
Always
Shirley

I also wanted to voice my opinion on The Perfect Gift. While I was not lucky enough to speak to Shirley on the phone, one of her employees was very helpful in making suggestions for goodies for my daughter's baskets. We sail on 11/7 and I cannot wait to see my DD's faces when they see the lovely baskets.

Shirley..Hi!

yep, we are back in sunny England;) ( and back to reality! )

Thank you soo much for the little bits'n'pieces you gave DS when we called in the shop, It was great to finally meet you after reading all your fantastic posts on Key West .

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS NOT YET HAD THE PLEASURE OF MEETING THIS FINE LADY..SHE REALLY IS ONE IN A MILLION!!!

Say Hi to Norm from us

love CAROL XXXX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter