Gift Card/Hotel/Food Question

skellinton

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the correct spot, if not, can you please tell me where I could ask this?

So, I bought Disney gift cards with points and rakuten rebates and I have a few questions.

First, if my gc has $7.00 and I buy something that is $11.00 will the place I am.paying know I owe 4.00 or do I have to tell them there is only 7.00 on the card? Wondering how closely I have to track the purchases.

Second, if I use my magic band to pay (staying onsite) can I just charge all my meals to that and settle up on check out day with the gift card? And they can charge whatever I still owe to my credit card? Or will they automatically charge everything to my credit card? Just wondering if it might be easier just to hold on to the gift cards until the end?

I had another question but now I can't remember what it is. If you have any tips about using gift cards, please let me know. Thank you

If you are referring to a Disney gift card:
1) every time you use your gift card, your balance will be reflected on the receipt
2) they just swipe the card and then ask for a second method of payment for the balance. You don’t have to tell them how much is left on the card
3) depends what hotel you are staying at. There is a set limit of charges that they allow before they charge your CC. I want to say it’s $500 for value resorts, $1000 for moderates and $1500 for deluxe? Once you hit that amount, they will automatically charge your CC. So you would need to go the front desk before you hit those amounts for them to charge your gift card. You can see your balance on your room charges in the MDE app.

We had a 6 day 5 night stay at the YC 2 weeks ago. We charge everything to our magic bands then on night of our last day I paid down the bill. The concierge told me they charge your card on file at 2am on the last day.

Be aware that mobile ordering does not offer MagicBand payment. You’ll need to use your gift card directly or the credit card on your account.

Be aware that mobile ordering does not offer MagicBand payment. You’ll need to use your gift card directly or the credit card on your account.
Thank you, that is very good info to have, especially since that will be most of our dining. I will have to find out how to easily get my gift cards on the mobile ordering then.

Thank you, that is very good info to have, especially since that will be most of our dining. I will have to find out how to easily get my gift cards on the mobile ordering then.

When I asked about mobile ordering with gift cards on another thread I was told that the app doesn't store gift card or credit card information. I'm not sure why the app would say it stores up to 5 gift cards at a time if you have to enter the information each time. I will be finding out this weekend.

Correct as others have stated, took my gift card to front desk at Pop on final night and they were glad to apply and print out updated statement

Save the GC numbers in a note on your phone, then copy and paste when checking out for a mobile order. Very easy!

copy your GC#'s and PIN into the notes app on your phone and then it's easy to copy and paste the numbers into your mobile order from there.

Has anyone used a digital Disney gift card in the parks? How does that work? Do I just load it into my apple wallet and then use it in the stores and restaurants?
Sorry if this is a basic question but I have never tried to use a digital e-gift card for an in person purchase.
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter