Gift cards over $1000 question

Snowwhyt

I feel the Magic with every visit ❤️
Sorry I now see a separate thread that started after I posted my original question in a Covid refund post that got lost with no response because of being lumped into mass Covid thread.

I’m in a good situation right now since my cruise is not canceled. Although in 6 months before PIF date it might be a situation where I will cancel because my parents will be 78 and no vaccine will be available. I’m still Dreaming and Wishing for a Magic vaccine, anything could happen right?

Here’s where I needed help. I refilled the 5 cards that I used for the deposit back up to the maximum $1000 limit. So if I cancel our trip each card would now hold a unreachable value over $1000. Now I remember a thread about 10 years ago that was a cautionary tale about holding onto your gift cards. Within that thread was one post about what happened in a situation like what I just created. Of course I remember that only months after I made that same error.

So, back to my point, I’m not concerned about anything more than what will happen to the money over $1000 from the Gift Cards. I know the expectations of Covid-19 is resurgence until the vaccine is available after year from the trials that started last week. I’m thinking Disney will recommend those over 60 do not cruise until the vaccine is taken. But I want a vacation that includes them.

You can skip the details below, it’s just details of “why”
I have had trouble finding my previous partial refunds on 3 separate trips over the last 10 years I’m checking all my cards again for refunds (20 at a time daily for weeks, I still have about 100 cards.) So the plan this time was refunds on the website so I won’t have to look for it. Totally forgetting the limit part should I need a refund the entire cruise.

Last edited:
Why not move those 5 each $1000 amounts to empty cards? Then your refund will go back to the original gift card paid?

Why not move those 5 each $1000 amounts to empty cards? Then your refund will go back to the original gift card paid?
I want to do that but not sure how to take a card “off” the website so I have room to transfer and put the original “back” to find refunds. I don’t want to mess things up and now is a terrible time to call. I know they don’t have a way to call them anyway.

I want to do that but not sure how to take a card “off” the website so I have room to transfer and put the original “back” to find refunds. I don’t want to mess things up and now is a terrible time to call. I know they don’t have a way to call them anyway.
View attachment 483452
See the attached file for how to delete Giftcard. As long as you know the gift cards number and security code, you can always add it back later.

This is how I would do it if I knew the full gift card numbers and security codes of the 5 gift cards with money on them.
1. Write down gift card number, security code. Or take a picture of it. Whatever it takes (ESPECIALLY IF YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE PHYSICAL CARD). Once the gift card has value on it, it will always have value on it. Even if it isn't listed on the website.
2. Delete off that single gift card.
3. Add another blank gift card.
4. Transfer funds from one of the gift cards with money to the blank gift card.
5. Rinse and repeat for the remaining gift cards until gift card balances are all on the gift cards of your choice.

You can reload giftcards onto the website that were previously deleted.

Also I would make sure I had the numbers and security codes of all giftcards that might receive a refund.

Just use the DELETE option that is shown for each of your cards registered on the site. It just removes the card from the site but does not affect the balance on the card.
What I do is keep spreadsheet on sheets.google.com that includes the card number, security code and balance. From this spreadsheet, I can just copy the numbers and paste into any web form. If you just want to check the balance on a card, you do not need to add the card. One of the menus at the top lets you just check the balance.

Attachments

• 1585306472924.png
    1585306472924.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter