• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift Suggestions for our friends new 5th Wheel... Please and Thank you!!

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi Everyone,

Our friends just got a new 5th wheel, and are getting ready for their maiden voyage in a couple of weeks. They are long time campers, and have alot of gear for camping, and so they know the ropes..

So what I'm looking for is some suggestions for some gift's, I want to make a basket with a few things in it for their new home away from home... I know she has been buying new basic stuff for inside the camper, and he has been buying more gear for it ... this is their retirement camper... which they both retire at the end of the this year...

So suggestions please... and Thanks as always...

Coffee stuff perhaps. K cups or coffee packages maybe. Utensil sets like knives, forks, spoons. Salt and pepper shaker. For him I might suggest a headlamp. I know it sounds dumb, but if having to setup or take down in the dark it makes a difference being able to use both hands and still have a light. LED in about 200 lumen or higher would be my suggestion.

Coffee stuff perhaps. K cups or coffee packages maybe. Utensil sets like knives, forks, spoons. Salt and pepper shaker. For him I might suggest a headlamp. I know it sounds dumb, but if having to setup or take down in the dark it makes a difference being able to use both hands and still have a light. LED in about 200 lumen or higher would be my suggestion.

Oh I love the head lamp idea... we had dinner with them last night... and he was telling us a story about setting up in the dark, it was hilarious...

I have a couple of these headlamps and agree with this one. Not just setting up. Trying to repair things. They never seem to put the stuff that breaks out in the open. It's always in some nook or cranny in the basement where you need three hands and a flashlight.

https://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Eras...77&sprefix=bissle+pet+hair+eraser+hand&sr=8-3
Not just for pets, good to vacuum off the couches and beds. Long cord , camper freindly if you have power.

Flashlights and lanterns, everyone needs them.

The new mosquito repelent stuff. Forgot what its called.

First aid kid. Evyeryone puts the old one in , so common used stuff is gone.

Party lights or lanterns.

A can of dry lube or seal conditioner, everyone needs them but always forgets to buy them.

Etsy has great things. I bought a friend a set of wood Fort Wilderness coasters (there are lots of other designs) with their last name. Cute metal cups with names or designs. Dish towels. A wood sign. So many cute, unique options that are a “plus” gift instead of a necessity they would have bought themselves.

OK, ya can't leave us hanging. Now we gotta know the story LOL

The story is very long to write here... and I'm sure I could not do it justice.
It was a story of anything that could go wrong... went wrong... from them loading, and leaving the house, the drive and traffic, and not arriving to around 7:00 pm....the camper would not fit in the site easily, alot of backing and pulling forward, some calamity with the hose's, at 10:00 pm the host of the camp ground came by asked why they were in this site, then proceed to tell them that they were in the wrong site and had to move to the pull through site that they were suppose to be at, and move right then and as other guest would be arriving shortly... finally well after midnight they got reset up... somewhere he lost not one but two flashlights, was attacked by mosquitoes, add in a encounter with a snake, then the final straw was the run in with the trash panda's... who according to him it was a conspiracy that they were out to get him..

He is just hilarious...

OP here..

I am going to make them a picnic table wrap cloth, pick up some kitchen towels/potholders, maybe some serving utensils, or BBQ tools -with some citronella candles, a couple of head lamps, zip ties, bungee cords, some command strips.

I wouldn't go crazy. You said the 5th wheel is new, but they are experienced long time campers. They probably have everything they need for a successful trip. You should probably think about something like a house warming gift. Maybe a bottle of wine or something personal.

I'm not a fan of all the overhead lighting so maybe a cute little table lamp with their favorite color scheme or camping, fishing,outdoor scheme. Camping themed wind chime...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter