Gifting memberships to immediate family members

We are looking to do this with 2 of our deeds but not all of them. Since we will need a new Member number is the process different?

We are looking to do this with 2 of our deeds but not all of them. Since we will need a new Member number is the process different?
No, the process is the same. DVC will take the 2 contracts with new owners out of your current membership and put them into a new membership with a new number that they’ll assign. You don’t need to do anything different.

Orange County Comptroller's Office now offers eRecording via 3rd party. We just used a very reasonably priced one, Deeds.com, to record the deeds. This whole process has been SO much easier than last time! Disney Member Administration emailed us the New Member Information forms, I did a cut and paste of our old deeds (changing appropriate names and dates) to reflect the new ownership, we went to the notary to sign, scanned the notarized deeds, uploaded them to Deeds.com, and they were recorded. I then scanned in the signed New Member Information forms and emailed them along with the scanned copies of the recorded deeds to the email address that Member Administration provided. What took well over a month to accomplish last time was accomplished in two days this time. HUGE improvement!

For those wondering, the cost for Deeds.com was $21 plus the recording fees... which is actually less expensive than it would be to send the deeds certified or Priority Mail with a prepaid Priority Mail return envelope included. The current recording fees are: $10.00/first page, $8.50/each additional page, $0.70 deed doc tax (IF you are using the standard language of "in consideration of the sum of $10.00" that I see in most of these transfers). Remember, this is only for GRATUITOUS transfers between family members. If you are accepting payment for the transfer, then the process and deed doc tax are different.

I'll post a pdf of the info page that Disney Member Administration sent back to me yesterday. :-)
This is great! Thank you! But how did you "cut and paste" the deed? This is the part I'm most nervous about. My deeds on file are from the original purchase with Disney and it seems there's a lot of excess info I don't see on some of the deeds people record when using (for example) LT Transfers. I don't know which deed to copy / use as example. Ugh!

This is great! Thank you! But how did you "cut and paste" the deed? This is the part I'm most nervous about. My deeds on file are from the original purchase with Disney and it seems there's a lot of excess info I don't see on some of the deeds people record when using (for example) LT Transfers. I don't know which deed to copy / use as example. Ugh!
I just took the one I had, Retyped everything,,,and changed the names from Grantee and Grantor,,,,I was worried as well,,,but all recorded and back now. A lot easier than I thought,,,now just waiting on Disney

Does anyone know how Disney notifies you when the change is complete?
The new owner gets the same two emails, with Club ID and activation code, that new buyers get. If the new owner was simply added to an existing ownership, their name will appear in the list with the other contract owners on the DVC member website. If the contract was transferred completely out of the original owner’s account, that contract will disappear from that person’s DVC member website.

So emailed DVC and the response was it could take 3-5 weeks and processed in the order they recieved. Hope its like 9pm ride wait times and grossly over inflated. Sent 1st week of July,,wife goes down 25th of July,,,heres for pixie dust
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

We're also in the middle of doing a gratuitous transfer (my parents to myself) and we did ours through LT Transfers; here is our timeline so far:

June 6th: Completed online form at LT Transfers website and paid deposit for doc prep; received email stating allow up to 4 weeks for doc prep
July 7th: Received Deed and New Owner forms from LT Transfers; paid remainder of doc prep fees
July 10th: Completed Deed forms with notary and witnesses and mailed them to LT Transfers
July 17th: LT Transfers confirmed receipt of forms and sent Deed out for recording
July 18th: Received copy of recorded Deed from LT Transfers

August 16th: Received welcome email from DVC. Hit a snag though, as I didn't receive the separate email with the activation code. Called Member Services as the welcome email instructed and was told there was an issue and I wouldn't be receiving an activation code until DVC resolves the issue. So kinda in limbo at the moment, but I figure this process has taken a couple of months, so I can wait a little longer. :)

Last edited:
We're also in the middle of doing a gratuitous transfer (my parents to myself) and we did ours through LT Transfers; here is our timeline so far:

June 6th: Completed online form at LT Transfers website and paid deposit for doc prep; received email stating allow up to 4 weeks for doc prep
July 7th: Received Deed and New Owner forms from LT Transfers; paid remainder of doc prep fees
July 10th: Completed Deed forms with notary and witnesses and mailed them to LT Transfers
July 17th: LT Transfers confirmed receipt of forms and sent Deed out for recording
July 18th: Received copy of recorded Deed from LT Transfers

We are now waiting for Disney to do their part of the process and was told it should take approximately 4-6 weeks to complete, so we are now entering Week 2.
:)
what did they charge?
thanks

Follow up on gifted dvc membership. Does the new member receive same benefits as original or are they treated as a resale member?

Follow up on gifted dvc membership. Does the new member receive same benefits as original or are they treated as a resale member?

They have always given the new owners in gratuitous transfers the benefits. I believe that there have been posters who confirmed with DVD at one point this would be the case when passing down to immediate family.

Regarding the pdf form LouisianaDisneyFan posted - We are wanting to add our daughter to our membership. Would we use this same form and just include all of our names?

Thanks! And smiles, Kate

Tried to follow everything in this thread - and thank you to all for the information provided. I have my own DVC contract, and am listed as an 'associate' on a family contract that my mother and step-father purchased. My mother is the purchaser and step-father was additional purchaser.
My step-father passed away last week, and the notification to DVC should be fairly easy as my mother was the purchaser - no probate needed to remove my step-father. However, my mother expressed interest in adding me as an additional owner on her contract, rather than an associate. She wants to stay on as owner as well.
To add on as an owner to my mother's contract without removing her, is this the same process described in the original post as 'gratuitous transfer' or is the process different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter