Gifts for CM ...

cruisinaz

Mouseketeer
A lot is mentioned about giving candy for the autographs. I was trying to think of something other than candy (they must get a lot). Any suggestions?

Thanks

I hear OverSeas phone cards are always a hit

A lot is mentioned about giving candy for the autographs. I was trying to think of something other than candy (they must get a lot). Any suggestions?

Thanks

I hear OverSeas phone cards are always a hit

The phone cards used to be a good one, but now-a-days, with cellphone use, it's not quite as in demand.

I've always read (and heard from CMs) that candy is really appreciated.

I have also heard that they like candy, but also really like gum, something about how they cant get gum on the ship. Whether thats true or not, I don't know. So I'm bringing a little of both.

In my experience I found cruise staff loved extra cash & chocolate / candy bars , gum , mints , candies , pringles , nuts and liquorice . I treated my stateroom host , all 3 of my dining room team and always gave a cash tip & and a bar or mints to room service along with a cash tip and would often carry treats in my bag for bar staff and pool workers ! All were very thankful ....

If a CM is not one of the 4 tipped positions they are not allowed to accept cash or cash equivalent gifts (phone cards or gifts cards).
Individual snacks are always well received - candy, chips, pretzels, peanuts, raisins, fruit snacks, juice boxes/pouches, gum.

We left small boxes of raisins and a pack of juice boxes, along with a few other goodies and we got a very good reaction from that.

If you know the CM's names that you have had a good interaction with make sure you list their names on the comment card. You can also leave a note with guest services or in the comment box if you have too many names to list on the comment card. Those positive comments go a long way for CM's and they can get better schedules, extra time off, special meals and other incentives.

I have also heard that they like candy, but also really like gum, something about how they cant get gum on the ship. Whether thats true or not, I don't know. So I'm bringing a little of both.

Gum is not available on ships (or in parks) for a reason - people can't be trusted with it! Even my daughter was disgusted by all the gum under the seats in the WD Theater.

Cast member might like it in their rooms, but they aren't allowed to have it in any public area. I think it would be weird to have gum and just sit in my cabin chewing it, but then I'm not a gum chewer.

The CMs in the shops told me they like more of the chewier and savory snacks like cookies, crackers, chips. One said he also really likes fancy magazines like Vogue, Architectural Digest, Southern Living.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter