Gifts from Mickey

lolomarie

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping to leave out some gifts for DS4 and DS10months from the main mouse to kick start our holiday. I don't want to go over the top, just a few little things to create a special memory (if even just for me!). I have the benefit of having my sister as a cast member, so she can pick up some things for me ahead of time. I would love to hear your ideas on what you think would be good gifts. I will also include a card from Mickey (may have my sister go get it signed)!

So far I have:
-Mickey sunglasses from H&M
-little Mickey containers (thank you Easter section at Walmart) that I'll put a few little candies in
-insulated water bottles, Mickey for baby, Avengers for big boy!

Want to get:
-matching WDW merch tee-shirts
-"Is that you Tigger?" Pooh tee-shirts from Animal Kingdom
-bubble wand for big boy

Wondering about:
-autograph books, we've never done these, do your kids like them?
-stuffies, should I include one for each to elliminate asking for one in the park, or do your kids find it fun to pick out their own?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated! Stuff like this gets me so excited for our trip!

Are you doing a character meal? If so, yes, I would consider getting an autograph book for them to share ( because your youngest won't have any concept this trip ).

If you are close to a dollar store, they usually sell the glow necklaces - it's less expensive than in the park and the kids usually have fun with them at night at the parks.

Second Wild4Walt's comment on the auto books for character meals, not so much an issue for your 10month old but def for your 4 yo son. My girls are 11 and 9 now and have always brought their autograph books for meals and park meet and greets. Also if they get a pic with that character, you can add it to their books, it's a fun trip down memory lane. Our girls do a stuffed animal sometimes, not always. They really liked the new character snuggle snappers that they had in the parks. They each picked one of those out. I also usually do a little something fun that they can have when we get checked in. Used to do dollar store stuff when they were really little but now I'll do Disney PJ's or a purse, something that they can use more frequently now that they are more picky and hard to please. I try not go overboard but I love the Disney stuff too, my girls easter baskets were all Disney!!

Before Gwendolyn's 1st trip (she was 5) I have Mickey years with her name stitched on the back. They still sit on one of her cabinets.

Are you doing a character meal? If so, yes, I would consider getting an autograph book for them to share ( because your youngest won't have any concept this trip ).

If you are close to a dollar store, they usually sell the glow necklaces - it's less expensive than in the park and the kids usually have fun with them at night at the parks.

1 Autograph book and glow necklaces added to the list! Love that idea. Thanks.

I also usually do a little something fun that they can have when we get checked in. Used to do dollar store stuff when they were really little but now I'll do Disney PJ's or a purse, something that they can use more frequently now that they are more picky and hard to please. I try not go overboard but I love the Disney stuff too, my girls easter baskets were all Disney!!

I love the idea of Disney PJ's!!!! I'll be on the lookout for matching ones!

Before Gwendolyn's 1st trip (she was 5) I have Mickey years with her name stitched on the back. They still sit on one of her cabinets.
We did this for older DS his first trip. I think his head still fits his. We will have some made for younger DS too! They are the best souvenir.

Disney swim suits
Character bath or beach towels
Dollar Tree often has Disney or Marvel glow sticks
Epcot passport (4yo)
Pressed penny book/ pennies & quarters for the machines (4yo)
Disney teething ring (baby)
Disney rattle (baby)
Disposable Disney themed placemats to put on tables at meals
Plastic character figurines to play with on buses, at restaurants, while waiting for things
Disney squirter toys for the bath
Temporary character tattoos
Character shaped cheese crackers, pretzels, lollipops

I love the idea of Disney PJ's!!!! I'll be on the lookout for matching ones!

Here are some places I've found matching Disney PJs, t-shirts, swim trunks, etc.: Hanna Andersson ($$ but they have sales), Gap, Old Navy, Kohl's, Uniqlo, Sam's Club, Target, Wal-Mart. I pretty much do online shopping exclusively and have found more than enough for our 4 grandkids.

We are leaving some pjs in the room for the kids along with a welcome letter from Mickey or Minnie. There are Etsy sellers that will use the Disney font and personalize a letter to your kids for a pretty nominal fee. I'm sending one before we leave and there will be one in the room with their pjs.

Also if you order a Disney gift card for kids' spending money from the shopDisney website you have a choice of many designs and you can create a personalized message at no extra charge. It took about a week to receive the gift cards.

Not sure about buying autograph books because we make our own, but i do know that the Dollar Tree is an amazing place to get stuff for Disney trips! We always go there before we leave, they always have Disney tissues, hand sanitizers, antibacterial wipes, shampoo, qtips, ziplog bags, coloring books and crayons, stickers, nightlights, EVERYTHING! Even when its not a ton of stuff for them to play with, my girls always really enjoy using the Disney toiletries and whatnot while on the trip, and those things are at least items we actually need instead of a bunch more stuffed animals or yoyos and stuff. They also have washcloths that are shrunk down and expand when they get wet, my kids love those and so we always get a few to take to Disney.

Where is the best place to buy an autograph book? (Before going to WDW)

There are tons of places depending on what kind of autograph book you want. If you want an Official Disney World one, they have a few different options and you can buy them at a Disney Store in person or at their website. Amazon also sells some official and non-official ones. Some people also make their own with a decorated notebook or use the Kids Encycloedia of Disney Characters and have the characters sign their own page. Etsy also has some cute homemade options. Another option is to bring index cards in a ziplock bag and have the characters sign those, then put them in a photo album when you get home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter