Gilmore Girls Netflix Continuation-Premiere Date 11/25/16

So excited!!! I'll actually have to get Netflix for this. I have a feeling that there will be a storyline about Rory being engaged to someone (either one of her exes or a new guy) and the other exes all try to woo her over that guy, resulting in her marrying the perfect man (who that actually is, I have no idea). I'm also really excited about Sutton Foster joining the cast - I just love her and think she's the perfect fit. Not sure who she'll play though - I'm a bit concerned that she may have taken Miss Patty's job!

I wonder why they didnt ask Melissa McCarthy to be a part of it, I didnt watch it but isnt that where she got her start

So excited!!! I'll actually have to get Netflix for this. I have a feeling that there will be a storyline about Rory being engaged to someone (either one of her exes or a new guy) and the other exes all try to woo her over that guy, resulting in her marrying the perfect man (who that actually is, I have no idea). I'm also really excited about Sutton Foster joining the cast - I just love her and think she's the perfect fit. Not sure who she'll play though - I'm a bit concerned that she may have taken Miss Patty's job!

Hadn't read about her joining the show, but she did play a dancer on Bunheads with Emily's character.

I am so happy Netflix picked Gilmore Girls even if it is just four 90 minute episodes. Here is a list of the returning characters (so far):

Lorelai
Rory
Luke
Emily
Logan
Jess
Dean
Lane
Zach
Kirk
Paris
Doyle
Christopher
Michel
Taylor
Babette
Miss Patty
Mrs. Kim
Gypsy
Andrew
April
Finn
Ceasar

Sutton Foster will be playing a new character.

I'm amazed they're having so many characters return. Clearly there's interest in the show and cast.

Hadn't read about her joining the show, but she did play a dancer on Bunheads with Emily's character.

Not to mention that she's one of the greatest Broadway performers of the modern day and a true triple threat with starring roles in shows like Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes and Shrek the Musical. Seeing her live is a bucket list item for me - it could have finally come true this weekend as she was only a short flight away but alas I already had (really expensive) tickets to a once in a lifetime concert in Melbourne! One day...

Not to mention that she's one of the greatest Broadway performers of the modern day and a true triple threat with starring roles in shows like Thoroughly Modern Millie, Anything Goes and Shrek the Musical. Seeing her live is a bucket list item for me - it could have finally come true this weekend as she was only a short flight away but alas I already had (really expensive) tickets to a once in a lifetime concert in Melbourne! One day...
She is phenomenal, and the cancellation of Bunheads is still a HUGE sore spot in my house.
But if she comes to Stars Hollow as Michelle Simms, that will be really weird when she meets Emily who would look exactly like Fannie LOL.

This isn't a reboot. It's a sequel or continuation. Taking a story and its characters and coming back to them years later isn't a reboot. The Force Awakens isn't a reboot. Gilmore Girls isn't a reboot. The new X-Files isn't a reboot.

A reboot ignores all of the previous material in a franchise and starts over (hence the use of the computer term ... reboot = restart). Batman Begins was a reboot. Man of Steel was a reboot. The Amazing Spider-Man was a reboot.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this although I really didn't mind the way it ended. I liked that Rory chose herself and her ambition over Logan and I hated the whole Luke/Lorelei last 2 seasons and was glad that they at least were on the road to a reconciliation at the end... If Rory is not with Logan/Jess/Dean I am ok with that. If Lorelei is not with Luke I won't be happy.

Love love love Gilmore Girls! So happy it's coming back! It never felt right with the ending they gave it! Can't wait!

i had the chance to see her perform in Thoroughly Modern Millie - she was PHENOMENAL

Maybe it's just me but that clip seemed reeeeally forced. It seemed more like an audition clip that actors who had been together for seven years. Granted, the shows been off the air for however long and it would take a while to get their groove back but that did not seem natural.

Maybe it's just me but that clip seemed reeeeally forced. It seemed more like an audition clip that actors who had been together for seven years. Granted, the shows been off the air for however long and it would take a while to get their groove back but that did not seem natural.

I thought something felt off with it. But it was just a small piece of the larger work so I'm hoping they just picked a bad clip and that it's all not like that.

Last edited:
I will look forward to watching it~ Gilmore Girls is hands down, my most very favorite series of all times. Just watched the trailer and teared up when I heard the music. (Such a sap.) It was like putting on your old comfy favorite sweater. I agree it felt a little forced, hoping it's all good when it airs. :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter