Gina & Carl's Wedding - 6/22/12 - Swan/Ohana ~ TR Day 4 Wedding Ceremony 8/9

Plain white flip flops- old navy!!! Or you can customize your own on havainias.com too! :goodvibes

I tried Old Navy. They didn't have all of the sizes I needed (8, 7, and 5). I also tried Kohl's, Target, and Aeropostale (since I was there making a return). Guess blue will have to do.

Sounds like you have been super busy girl! I found some white flip flops at Kohl's recently, they might have some.
The cake flavors sound so yummy!

It's finally our wedding month!! It's JUNE!!!

WOOO HOOOO

Love the updates... The sand ceremony vases look great with the ribbon :goodvibes

I can't believe how soon your wedding is! Are you getting excited?!

I think the sand ceremony containers are cute, they will look great all filled with sand.

Flip flops are the best decision ever. I wore huge heels and luckily brought some flip flops as a backup. I should have worn flip flops the whole time.

Yay for new floors, great idea having them done while you're away.

I'm glad your cake situation was resolved without issue. I've heard such good things about them.

It's finally our wedding month!! It's JUNE!!!

WOOO HOOOO

Love the updates... The sand ceremony vases look great with the ribbon :goodvibes

Yeah! Not much longer. I need to slow time down.

I can't believe how soon your wedding is! Are you getting excited?!

I think the sand ceremony containers are cute, they will look great all filled with sand.

Flip flops are the best decision ever. I wore huge heels and luckily brought some flip flops as a backup. I should have worn flip flops the whole time.

Yay for new floors, great idea having them done while you're away.

I'm glad your cake situation was resolved without issue. I've heard such good things about them.

I am very excited, but I still have a ton to do. I need to finish most this coming weekend. The kids kept me too busy this past weekend to do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I got absolutely nothing done this past weekend except have the girls try on the flip flops. Maryssa complained that they were the ones with the plastic between the toes, Mo could probably use a size bigger (Yes, my almost 12yo probably needs a size 9 in shoes!) Hopefully Target will have a larger size. I have a few around to try.

I have my dress fitting tomorrow. I hope all that goes well and I only need one return visit.

So close to the wedding day!! I am glad to hear the license process was easy, that is something I was a little worried about myself.

I can't wait to see your day come together!! :goodvibes

So close to the wedding day!! I am glad to hear the license process was easy, that is something I was a little worried about myself.

I can't wait to see your day come together!! :goodvibes

I can't wait to see it come together too. lol

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like crying? That's me today. Doesn't help that I typed this up and I couldn't submit due to my stupid firewall at work. I don't know if it is the stress of planning everything, or school ending yesterday for the girls and having to rearrange schedules for the kids this week due to lack of child care, or mt first dress fitting today. I will be on the road two weeks from today. Ugh! I am suddenly feeling overwhelmed and ready to cry, but I can't now because I am at work. I really don't have too many more things on my To Do list -- pick ceremony music (yes, I know 2 weeks out and still clueless), finish assembling the fans (10 done, 10 to go), custom Tanks are on my nice to have list but I need more printer ink, I have a bunch of stuff to print out too. I also need to hem Carl's pants, iron the girls dresses, and of course throw in some packing. Carl has been on me about planning more for the luau but I just can't worry about that right now. I will have almost a month after we return.

I emailed Rev. Tim asking about the ceremony and giving some info on my family and how I wanted to have us all participate in the sand ceremony. He strongly recommended that the sand ceremony just be the two of us and do something like a ring ceremony since we have girls at the end. I guess what I need to explain to him is that my kids are the most important thing and Carl knows that. They are an integral part of my family/marriage/household and they should be an integral part of my wedding ceremony too. Plus, only one girl would wear a ring ;) and she has already asked me to buy her one. I guess I better explain that to him and hopefully he will abide by my wishes.

Well, my friend is coming with to my dress fitting tonight. Hopefully I can convince her that we NEED to grab some drinks too. well, she doesn't need to drink, but I do ;)

OK, I felt better after typing this the first time, no longer better after typing it again.

(((hugs))) Oh man, I totally feel you on the crying thing. Planning these types of things is so stressful. And I swear people just think things "just happen" (obviously we all know it takes tons of planning) I hope your dress fitting went well and you got some time with your friend. Sometimes that is all that is needed to feel a bit brighter.

Hope your week gets better by the minute:wizard:

I'm better today. Hopefully I will be able to pull off the "just happened" look twice ;)

Now on to the dress fitting! I had my dress fitting finally. It needed quite a bit of alterations. Length, taking in here and there, add a bustle. I'm so glad my friend Anna was with me again. She remembered last time that the sales person said the alterations would only cost x dollars. They came up with a higher price. Anna mentioned it and they looked up the notes and said it was written down in the notes. Woohoo. The woman who sized my alterations wasn't happy about changing it but it was in writing. Good to get that after my dress hassles so far. Next fitting is Monday, June 11. Not cutting it too close since they think my wedding is that Friday. ::rolleyes::

While I was at Kohl's yesterday I found another pair of sandals I liked to go with the dress. These are an ivory colored sandal with a leather flower on it. I'm still not sure which pair to wear. Lol gotta decide soon, but I'm leaning toward the new ones. Oh, and they seemed comfy too!

I did some vacation shopping at lunch today. I have a 30% off Kohl's coupon so I couldn't let that go to waste ;) I will probably use it a couple of times too. (This coming from a girl that hates shopping!!!) Anyway, I bought a few pairs of shorts and a white sundress. I was thinking the sundress will be good for our day alone at Disney (We have an ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse and kids will be at Universal with my ex) and if it is too hot in my wedding dress for the luau, it will work for that. I may just go that way to begin with instead of wedding dress. Here is a pictures of it.

sundress.jpg

I have been trying to finalize music today. I'm not sure what Carl will walk in to because he originally said he wanted the Imperial March but now said he doesn't. I just told him I will have him walk into the Star Wars Cantina song (he loves it) and he said sure. Not sure if he was serious or not. I hate the song, but I won't be there to hear it, right? As for the rest of the songs, here is what I was thinking, keep in mind it will be played on a harp. I'm trying to keep mostly Disney songs for the ceremony and other songs for the cake cutting.

Prelude
You’ll be in my heart
So this is love
When you wish upon a star
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (or bridal party if you need more for the 3 girls)
Under the Sea (remove is recessional???)
Kiss the Girl

Bridal party
Groom - Imperial March, nope scratch that... TBD Cantina song maybe
3 girls - Once Upon a Dream

Bride
Someday my Prince Will Come, but I love Beauty and the Beast. Not sure which one

Sand Ceremony – A Whole New World

Recessional
Beauty and the Beast Or Under the Sea - leaning toward under the sea

Cake cutting
Smile – Uncle Kracker
My Best Friend – Tim McGraw
Me and You – Kenny Chesney
Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
Amazed – Lonestar
I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing
I Swear
Can You Feel the Love Tonight

What do you think so far?

I updated my budget to date. The link is in the first post. It is up to $5,322 right now. There really isn't much more to add besides Carl's clothes (I didn't have the receipt with me)

Oh you are so close!

I love the sundress, it is so simple and beautiful.

I like your song choices too. I love when people personalize by adding songs that fit their tastes so I think it is cool that your H will walk in to a Star Wars themed song.

Great job on the final budget! Swan/Dolphin weddings are so amazingly affordable.

Oh you are so close!

I love the sundress, it is so simple and beautiful.

I like your song choices too. I love when people personalize by adding songs that fit their tastes so I think it is cool that your H will walk in to a Star Wars themed song.

Great job on the final budget! Swan/Dolphin weddings are so amazingly affordable.

Thanks. I never wear sundresses so I'm excited to even do that. lol I'm so glad almost everything is done.

Congrats!

Thanks!

Love the dress! Very pretty!!

Woohoo for the budget update- that is a great number to be at!!

And, I love your music choices. So many good songs on there! I'm terrified of deciding music. UGh.

1 week and 4 days!! So excited for you, girl!

Whoo hoo! You're so close!! :woohoo:

Your budget sounds great, good job!! The songs all sound great too, maybe add a few more upbeat songs at the reception so everything isn't slow? Even though I love all the songs you listed!

eee! :dance3:

Love the dress! Very pretty!!

Woohoo for the budget update- that is a great number to be at!!

And, I love your music choices. So many good songs on there! I'm terrified of deciding music. UGh.

1 week and 4 days!! So excited for you, girl!

Thanks! I can't believe it is so soon. It seems like yesterday I was saying 3 months.

Whoo hoo! You're so close!! :woohoo:

Your budget sounds great, good job!! The songs all sound great too, maybe add a few more upbeat songs at the reception so everything isn't slow? Even though I love all the songs you listed!

eee! :dance3:

I will keep that in mind about the songs. I will make sure I tell the harpist to be ready to change gears on the bride's whim. lol

I wanted to get a lot of stuff done over the weekend but didn't get as much done as I would have liked. I did hem Carl's pants. I just need to iron them and the dresses. My friend is bringing a steamer, but I want to keep that to a minimum. We did go shopping and bought some clothes for him and his daughter for the trip. I think I may need to make one more shopping trip for my oldest girl. I am so done with shopping. I hate it on my best days. I so don't like doing "girlie" things! lol

Monday was my second fitting and I wasn't leaving without my dress! When I went to try it on it a week ago it was too loose on the top (no surprise) but at this fitting it was too tight. My friend was trying to zip me up and I couldn't breathe. We waited about 20 min for her to adjust it. I tried it on again and that was better but it had some funky wrinkles I didn't like at the top of my stomach area. My friend was saying it didn't look bad and she only saw one, but when I looked in the mirror I saw more. She looked in the mirror and saw more too. The seamstress eventually realized the front should be taken in because there is extra fabric. Another 20 minute wait. After that, it was good and now it is hanging in my closet. She streamed it so I hope it will make it down there without too many wrinkles.

I got my hair touched up last night. Other than that, I haven't done much else. I really need to kick my butt in gear this week. Time is running out. I will be arriving in Disney a week from today!!!!

Since I am staying Club Level at BC, I thought I would reach out to them to see if I can get a room for Carl to get ready in the day of the wedding. He doesn't want to be in the room with all the women, which includes a couple of my friends and my sister. I hope they can come through for me.

On a side note, my almost 12yo isn't looking forward to disney. It is a baby thing ::rolleyes:: I'm sure she will change her tune when we get down there but she is growing up way too fast and wanting too much independence. I'm having trouble letting go and still think she is too young for me to "let go".

One week! ONE WEEK!!! I can't believe it is so soon. All of my to do's are done except make the custom shirts. I was just waiting for all the kids to decide on what they wanted so that will be this weekend. I need to start packing. Everything needs to be packed up by Monday evening since we are leaving early Tuesday morning. I'm thinking of letting the girls stay up until we leave at 3am and let them sleep in the car for 8 hours. Hopefully that won't backfire on me. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter