Girls Only Disneyland Trip ~ Old thread, link to new one in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my vote in. Anything in January to mid February would be a no-go for me because of my work load those months. But I voted :cool1:

I'm so bummed for you guys that the VIP tour didn't work out. From what I get in your posts, you guys informed Disney in plenty of time what you wanted, and they knew your expectations. They should have either given you a guide worth the money, or refunded you right away. That's just crazy.

I agree!

moty_angry_computer.gif

Love that emoticon. I might need it for my avatar.

To clarify, we originally were supposed to get the priority seatings for Aladdin and Fant, but for some reason they were taken away from us (punishment?) because we were cutting the tour short of our scheduled 6 hours.

The kicker, Mary Jo, is that after the first ride (IASM) which the guide rode in the back of the boat but never said a word - someone asked her, tell us something about Disneyland (rather than lead us in silence).

She said, "I don't know that much. This isn't the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Why don't you all tell me what you know?"

Now I hope your reaction there at the computer is like ours - our jaws dropped. We paid $750 to hear that?????:confused3

Okay, enough of that. We were of the mind that we were not going to let this disappointment (it was to be the bulk of our Friday) spoil an otherwise wonderful diva meet.

I remember hearing about that and having the same jaw drop. I think I'm more livid FOR you guys than any of you are with the experience. You guys are so zen about it, meanwhile, from the moment I heard about the problems to now, when I think about it, steam comes out of my ears.

I remember hearing about that and having the same jaw drop. I think I'm more livid FOR you guys than any of you are with the experience. You guys are so zen about it, meanwhile, from the moment I heard about the problems to now, when I think about it, steam comes out of my ears.

I think we mostly felt the morning was a great morning going on rides with friends, but not a great VIP tour. We just went with it and made the best of what we could (which was going on to the next ride.........) until someone finally offered us the option of ending it (much later than we had first notified them). I guess what bothered me most was someone being told that our expectations were too high for the tour. There were plenty of e-mails prior to the tour explaining EXACTLY what we were looking for. If they could not/would not do that, they should have let us know and we would have been on our merry way.

The good thing is we definitely know for the future - the VIP tour is not for us :sad2:

The good thing is we definitely know for the future - the VIP tour is not for us :sad2:

So in a nutshell, what happened on the VIP tour? I am REALLY anxious to do the WIWF on this trip...the things I couldn't do if the little one was with me. I'm stoked!:thumbsup2

Okay I voted in the poll..:banana: :banana: Now to go back the 5 pages and see what's happened since the last thread ended.

steph

That really is such a shame :( But you're right, at least you know now not to attempt it again.

I would love to do the WIWF tour. I was hoping to while we're there at the end of the month but because of time issues we're skipping it this time. Someday.

Hey, can I vote for any dates BUT the one that is winning? I voted January, but really, April would be just as good, as would March.

Okay, so I am being a sore loser....I wanna go, but can't in February!!!!!

I'm going to step away from the poll. It's depressing me!!!!!!

AMYSUE

I found you!

Hi to our new ladies! Welcome!!

Some food for thought about the dates that are listed. I personally would like to go later, to get some better weather, but if you look at this years block out schedule, after the first weekend in March, all Saturdays are blocked, except Premium of course.

So I guess that leaves the first 3 choices, if we don't want to have that problem come up. Unfortunately, the blockout for 2010 doesn't include March yet.

One more thing that comes to mind. When do you think the "World Of Color" will premier?? That would be cool to catch that too. If we went in April, it could be showing!!!!!

I tell you.................there are alot of things to consider. I'm almost afraid to vote. :rotfl:

Well, I was the organizer of the WIWF tour and I thought it was very well done. Our guide was good, not great, but good. He tried hard and was very nice (Mark). The second half I was dragging because I was so tired from walking to the Grand for B-fast and running all over DL for 3 hours for the scavenger hunt (which was one of my favorite things of the whole weekend!). We had very little rest in between and I think it was too much for one day. Anyway, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do it - well worth the $47 - remember it included a lunch, pin and 3 rides. I hope several girls go on it next year.:cutie:

I started doing some work on my scrapbook from our '07 trip and THIS is what you people do? New thread, gracious goodness me.

Can I send you my scrapbook stuff for my Christmas 2007 trip and last year's Girls Only Trip?????:worship: Please!!!!!!!

I guess not! But that thread about laundry has gotten me up off my butt several times today, along with E's usual needs etc etc etc...and now the laundry is calling again! Ack!

I finally caught up on the laundry yesterday....but that statement will only last until tonight. Our puppy found out that he can get in our next-door neighbor's yard (the house is empty) and the yard has a muddy area....so he likes to go over there and then jump up on the kids....so over the past couple of days my laundry has doubled...Tomorrow we're getting chicken wire to close the fence off completely.

Hi ladies, glad to see the new thread! :)

I spent the morning at the zoo with my kids and a neighbor girl who needed babysat this morning, and then this afternoon I've had a lovely time dealing with health insurance on the phone for 3+ hours. I am so mad I could spit! :mad:

All this because I turned 40, and the past few mornings I have had a tender spot on my breast and felt a pea-sized lump that I thought I should have checked out. I haven't been to a regular MD or DO in over 3 years and now I know why!! It really shouldn't be this hard to get some basic health care.

Ok, enough of my fun life. Excited to see the new poll! (not that I'll be participating):rolleyes1

Hope you enjoyed your time at the zoo. I'm envious you live so close. You do not look 40 at all, I thought you were much younger. I am so sorry about your troubles with your health insurance. It is defintely a good thing to get the lump checked out. I went through the same thing right after our trip last year (3 days after I got back is when I found it). Thankfully they (the doc found 2 additional ones) turned out to be nothing. :goodvibes I hope that the same holds true for you. :hug:

I voted! I voted!:banana:

We are so bad, we can barely wait a week to start planning again! :rotfl:

Callie :hug: Get that taken care of, sorry the process is such a pain in the neck.

And I love that we added a day to the trip.

Until I read your post I didn't even realize that there was an extra day added. YAY!!!!!!!!

steph

Beth - if you get mixed results, maybe you could narrow it down to 2 choices and we could vote again?...I agree about the warmer weather in April, but last year it was boiling hot and we want to steer clear of Easter. It's so hard cause I want everyone to come again!:lovestruc

So in a nutshell, what happened on the VIP tour? I am REALLY anxious to do the WIWF on this trip...the things I couldn't do if the little one was with me. I'm stoked!:thumbsup2

The VIP tour was just basically herding us from ride to ride...... She had no trivia, no stories, no insider tidbits. She asked us what rides we wanted to do, etc. We asked her from some stories and she said she didn't know that much and then asked us what we knew :scared1: She also told us incorrect info. She said that the horses on the carousel were original - then she thought for a minute and corrected herself.

It truly was not a horrid morning, just not a special tour. I had fun hanging out with the Divas - but I would rather not have paid an extra $75 to do that - that's what we were already doing.

The WIWF Tour I would recommend for sure :thumbsup2 That was fun (and we got a cute pin).

The Segway Tour - I don't think that's for me (not unless they come up with a Segway sidecare :rotfl2:). I am not the most graceful person in the world......

Beth - if you get mixed results, maybe you could narrow it down to 2 choices and we could vote again?...I agree about the warmer weather in April, but last year it was boiling hot and we want to steer clear of Easter. It's so hard cause I want everyone to come again!:lovestruc
Me too me too!!! That is I want everyone to be able to come again!! :banana:

Well, I was the organizer of the WIWF tour and I thought it was very well done. Our guide was good, not great, but good. He tried hard and was very nice (Mark). The second half I was dragging because I was so tired from walking to the Grand for B-fast and running all over DL for 3 hours for the scavenger hunt (which was one of my favorite things of the whole weekend!). We had very little rest in between and I think it was too much for one day. Anyway, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to do it - well worth the $47 - remember it included a lunch, pin and 3 rides. I hope several girls go on it next year.:cutie:

I was supposed to do the tour...and thought about my small budget so I decided against it...:sad2: After I got back on Monday I realized that I didn't use all of my budget and had a good bit left over....:woohoo: Now I'm thinking I should have done it. Oh well, that's what next year is for.:rotfl:

steph

Just a heads up too - March 11-16 will be Spring Break. I wouldn't mind not boiling hot weather (remember, I'm from Canada, eh??)

Well boy howdy. I leave and take care of a few things and before I know it, you chat up the old thread, close it up and start a new one and get 5 pages in before I even show up. WTH???

Glad to see everyone still likes eveyrone enough to want to do another trip together. I personally can't wait!

Hey, can I vote for any dates BUT the one that is winning? I voted January, but really, April would be just as good, as would March.

Okay, so I am being a sore loser....I wanna go, but can't in February!!!!!

I'm going to step away from the poll. It's depressing me!!!!!!

AMYSUE

You got to go Amy Sue. You were the life of the pizza party. And if you don't go, who will I share my bed with?

The Segway Tour - I don't think that's for me (not unless they come up with a Segway sidecare :rotfl2:). I am not the most graceful person in the world......

I would be up for that. Just don't ride in my sidecar. Can't guarantee you will make it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter