Girls Only Disneyland Trip ~ Old thread, link to new one in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the one in Vegas have the tastefull decor too? :rotfl::scared1:
Everything in Vegas has tasteful decor. ;)

LOL Actually, I haven't been in it yet, so I have no clue.

Morning all! Thanks ONCE again to all my good friends for being so supportive. I would like to come on here just ONCE and have something GOOD to say LOL.
:hug: Good luck on your errands. Keep focusing on the good stuff you mentioned like Friday with the poem and then your trip. :)

Morning ladies!! I don't know why but for some reason I woke up thinking it was the weekend. :confused: What a rude awakening to find out it wasn't. :rolleyes:
I guess it's because I went out last night and I usually don't on a Monday. The Strip was packed too. Lots of traffic. Must be Spring Break somewhere.

Anyway, gotta finish getting the twins ready. See ya later.

Kelly if you need help with IP search let me know. I hope she is not using AOL.

As for going out, I am leaving to go to the rehab to see if they It is too early for a bath out in the garage let alone wash my hair so they will get rumpled old me but now to work on my pretzel shape. You see in the photo that I lean a lot as my hips and shoulder goes right while the ribs go left but at the same time the disc can cause the back to hunch forward.

Yes I am always into food, lol.

:woohoo:
I need prayers that I get an ECV because if not then I will have to buy one which my credit card cannot cover or rent for a lot of money one which would mean not going to the parks but once a month at most.:sad2:

Yes it makes sense, and good to know. Maybe it will work out!

Did you see Stacie's brother?? :hyper:

Yes, I saw Stacie's brother! :thumbsup2 He is a cutie!! Our kids are almost the same age.

That is so true. And that is why they are jerks........too full of themselves!:love::snooty::headache:

There really has to be good guys out there somewhere. John was a good guy, he wasn't a jerk, I just think that getting into a relationship so soon after his divorce was not a good idea. His ex-wife is horrible, she still is.

Does the one in Vegas have the tastefull decor too? :rotfl::scared1:
I have never had Greek food, when I think about it, I always think about My Big Fat Greek Wedding :lmao: olives & wine.

Kelly~ Sorry you are going through such a hard time. Try to focus on the positive. Sadly there are people out there who help kids who runaway. They will feed them & clothe them. I am thinking about you and your family & praying for you guys.

Jordan is the starting pitcher!! He found that out last night at baseball.
6 days until Kaeleb's birthday & still I have nothing planned! I am a terrible mom!! I wish I could think of something. His bday is the 1st day of Spring Break. So I am really hoping that he will be happy with the batting cages, bowling or just having some friends over at home. Well the friends who didn't go away for spring break that is.

Well I hope you ladies are have a fantasic day!!

Yeah deb that is what I am thinking or she is trading food for sex god forbid. Or drugs or whatever. I can only imagine what she is doing. It is nuts! Cuz she has NOTHING. It's not like she can get a job cuz she has NO ID or anything and she had NO clothes. Anywhere she goes there are going to want her social security card and she doesn't have it WE do. And you can't fake that and I don't think she even knows the number. THAT will cause her a problem for sure. I guess you could try to get a new card. She could probably try to get a ca ID card. Who knows. But it seems that if she is a registered missing person that it would pop up but who knows with these ridiculous police if they even have it in the statewide systems.

So I guess we just wait.

Like I said either people will just keep helping her for god knows WHAT reason or she will eventually have to result to some type of crime to exist. I know "I" sure wouldn't keep helping someone with NOTHING in return but that's me. And if it were a church or something I would suggest she go home, know what I mean but anyway I KNOW she is not in a place like that so WHO knows.

I am thinking she is with the BAD element who is keeping her "brain washed". Like I said like sex for food and shelter type thing. But who the heck knows.

Maybe SOME day we will find out. Again I just want to be able to go on my trip in 2 weeks and NOT to have to worry about it. I REALLY want Shelby to be able to enjoy her birthday trip! Plus it is our LAST trip until the next ladies trip. So hopefully she either comes home BEFORE then or something.

Anyway I am off to my apt soon. Already had my blood sucked LOL! Hopefully for the LAST time! ;)

Hi Linda
I so agree with you. That thing looked so nasty. :scared:

It must be the vet in me...I thought he/she was darling. I love the guys at the zoo.

AMySUe

See Amy--I thought it was cute too! I could totally see that thing living in my back yard, swimming in the pool, etc.

Morning all! Thanks ONCE again to all my good friends for being so supportive. I would like to come on here just ONCE and have something GOOD to say LOL.

But anyway today I have to go in once again and get another stupid blood draw but hopefully this will be the last one for awhile as I don't see my psych now for a few weeks. And then I see him today at 11:30 and then tomorrow I see my therapist and as I said I want to talk to her about getting some family therapy for the girls as I think NONE of this is good for them at all and I know they are upset by all that has gone on.

Anyway other than that not too much going on.

Last night Shane and his cousin were trying to find Lynn's location via IP addresses but I don't know how that was going. I think at this point they are just waiting for her to run out of options but to be honest I am still amazed that someone is actually feeding and clothing her THIS long. Considering she had NOTHING when she left. I am afraid she is resulting to a life of crime by now and just has yet to be caught. I can't believe that even "friends" would be so willing to share what they have for over a week. Usually kids at that age don't have enough money to support a 17 year old runaway for very long!

And believe me that kid eats a LOT!

Anyway just looking forward to Friday when my baby gets to recite her poem in front of the school! THAT will be a good day and then a week from Sunday we are going back to my FAV place!! I am hoping that we can go and enjoy and not have to worry about anything!!

I hope Lynn somehow doesn't ruin this for shelby! I hope we don't have to come home or anything! Shelby has been wanting this and she DESERVES this. I don't want to have to come home because she got arrested or anything worse!

Even if she gets arrested let her sit and wait for an hour or two--don't ruin Shelby's day. Best thoughts to you guys. I read the article about the plane crash--very sad.

I have never had Greek food, when I think about it, I always think about My Big Fat Greek Wedding :lmao: olives & wine.

Jordan is the starting pitcher!! He found that out last night at baseball.
6 days until Kaeleb's birthday & still I have nothing planned! I am a terrible mom!! I wish I could think of something. His bday is the 1st day of Spring Break. So I am really hoping that he will be happy with the batting cages, bowling or just having some friends over at home. Well the friends who didn't go away for spring break that is.

Well I hope you ladies are have a fantasic day!!

Greek food is yummy and so much more than olives and wine! I know of a Mediterranean store/restaurant in Vegas--maybe we'll have to check it out!

Yay for Jordan! I'm sure he will enjoy whatever happens on his birthday!

Oh and I keep reading about the place in Baker and keep forgetting to tell y'all. It's called the Mad Greek and they opened one in Vegas too. :thumbsup2

Night!

DBF and I stopepd here once on thw way to Vegas. I had a bean and cheese burrito and DBF had chili fries I think. :rotfl: Didn't try the Greek food.

I have not been on the Disboards for a while and I wanted to be apart of the first girls only trip but it didn't work out for me. I would love to be apart of this trip.:goodvibes

I have not been on the Disboards for a while and I wanted to be apart of the first girls only trip but it didn't work out for me. I would love to be apart of this trip.:goodvibes
Hi there and welcome! We'd love to have you join us.
Welcome.jpg

As of right now, the only planning progress we've made for our next trip is picking the dates, which as the title says is Feb. 25 through March 2. But you are welcome to join the thread, and get to know the ladies in the group.

As plans are made and updated they will be added to the front page so it's always a good idea to keep an eye on that.
Currently on the front page you will find names, a slideshow and pictures from the trip we just took. :thumbsup2

Hi tink9713.. i'm glad you decided to join in the fun!:goodvibes

mmmmmmmmm... greek food is delicious! stuffed grape leaves and babagnush.. hummus.. lamb kabobs.. now that's what i want for dinner.. and a delicious rice dish.. i love rice!:lovestruc

Welcome! It's great to meet a new Diva! I was new on this last trip, and everyone was so welcoming and nice. You'll have a great time!

Morning everyone! :surfweb:

I have the boys in their chairs eating a late breakfast (we slept in!), and I'm waiting for our first therapist of the day to arrive. :wizard:

Not much else going on. I hope you all have great days planned!

:dance3:

Hi tink9713.. i'm glad you decided to join in the fun!:goodvibes

mmmmmmmmm... greek food is delicious! stuffed grape leaves and babagnush.. hummus.. lamb kabobs.. now that's what i want for dinner.. and a delicious rice dish.. i love rice!:lovestruc

Ok that all sounded good until you mentioned lamb...I think lamb smells funky.
Ok so I think that all meat being cooked smells funky.

Kelly~ I agree with Cheryl, don't ruin Shelby's day, let Lynn sit her butt in juvie or where ever it is when she gets picked up.

Kelley - My father worked with out ID at a friend's gas station when he was on disability. There are ways to work without ID. It takes nerve to do what she is doing and she will be a long time not coming home if I read her right. It is a thing where the person blames the parents or roommate for their troubles and the late teens and early 20's year olds then let their friend crash on the couch. I have read about these and heard about them. Eventually she will have to find income and not by sex hopefully. Just give her time and remember that you are doing all you can do. Prayers for you and your family. Eventually she will slip up and say somethng that will give clues or maybe even have someone turn her in.

I probably will not get the ECV because I can walk. I am in lots of pain and so tired and I have had antoher wheat reaction. I do not know where I will get an ECV if not through SCAN. I need one and everyone who meets me knows I need one.

Too tired and hurting to sleep. :grouphug:Sending all hugs and I did stop at the bank and deposit the check os we are only about $600 in the hole this month.

I be on line until I finally crash. I am so tired of them advertisements saying how people get free scooters and it is so easy. 3 weeks of no Disneyland and we need another wheelchair.:scared1:

Welcome! This year was my first trip & it was a lot of fun!!

Ruben tried the Mad Greek food but not me. I am boring and stuck with Taco Bell. :rotfl:

yum...Taco Bell sounds so yummy!!

Good morning ladies,

Both my boys are home sick today. The good news is that Ryan doesn't have a fever anymore.:thumbsup2 However, he still doesn't have much of an appetite yet, and he still seems a bit weak and lethargic. I guess that's to be expected though since he was so sick.

Luke's fever seems to fall anywhere between 101-102 when I take it, but overall, he's doing pretty good considering having the flu or whatever this is. Last night he was acting very sick, but this morning he seemed a little better, despite still having a fever.

I have parent teacher conferences this afternoon. I better make sure I wash my hands with hot bubbly soap after leaving the school. Apparently the flu has hit the school hard, and I DON'T WANT IT! I've washed my hands so much at home the past few days that I think they're about to crack and fall off.:goodvibes

Deb - that guy is pretty gosh darn cute if you ask me!

Kelly - hang in there babe!

Cheryl - I'm thinking about your poor kitty.....I'll pray that he gets better.

Tink71973 - WELCOME to our group!

Beth and Jen - sounds like you two had lots of fun! Nothing beats good food and shopping......well, almost nothing.

I've never had Greek food either. One of many types of foods I've never tried. I need to expand my horizons - haha.

I haven't read back and this has nothing to do with DLR but I don't have a journal anymore, and I'm worried about my friend! My friend is on the liver transplant list, and I guess a liver became available over the night (sad for donor and family :sad1: ) and she's on her way to the hospital to see if it's a match for her and if she's going to do it (she's not very sick right now, but she's been sick enough for over a year to be on the list...she's well enough that this is a decision, not a "do it now" situation).

In the last couple years we've drifted a bit...I used to be the go-to person but now that's changed b/c of her nice boyfriend...I *want* to drop E off at MIL's and go up to the hospital to be with her, but I don't think I'm needed...I'm just worried and want to help her...I'm sure if she wants me there she'll call.

She isn't the praying type, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind a couple spare glowy healing thoughts for her, should she go ahead with the transplant today... :goodvibes

I haven't read back and this has nothing to do with DLR but I don't have a journal anymore, and I'm worried about my friend! My friend is on the liver transplant list, and I guess a liver became available over the night (sad for donor and family :sad1: ) and she's on her way to the hospital to see if it's a match for her and if she's going to do it (she's not very sick right now, but she's been sick enough for over a year to be on the list...she's well enough that this is a decision, not a "do it now" situation).

In the last couple years we've drifted a bit...I used to be the go-to person but now that's changed b/c of her nice boyfriend...I *want* to drop E off at MIL's and go up to the hospital to be with her, but I don't think I'm needed...I'm just worried and want to help her...I'm sure if she wants me there she'll call.

She isn't the praying type, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind a couple spare glowy healing thoughts for her, should she go ahead with the transplant today... :goodvibes

Of course! I'll be sending out lots of healing, healthy thoughts for her.....but I'll still keep her in my prayers too. It can't hurt, right? :thumbsup2

Also, I think you should go be with her. Don't wait for her to call you.....just show up and be there with her. She may not ask for support, but I'm sure she needs it. And, it'll make her feel good. :hug:

(This has nothing to do with you and your friend, but for some reason it reminded me that both times I went to the hospital to have a baby, not one person came to visit me. No flowers, no visits, no phone calls, no congrats......nothing. It made me feel terrible. Especially since I always visited my friends and brought flowers/balloons and gifts for the new baby when they were in the hospital having their babies.....and I even helped some of them through their labor. It still hurts me to think about it.)

Also, I think you should go be with her. Don't wait for her to call you.....just show up and be there with her. She may not ask for support, but I'm sure she needs it. And, it'll make her feel good. :hug:

Hmm...food for thought. I'll go get ready, so I'm ready if I decide to do that or if she calls. (or her sister or boyfriend) Thank you.:goodvibes

I just got done with the last of my vacationing (my mother, brother and his girlfriend ended up visiting the weekend of the Girls Trip :/ Which made me happy but also sad I couldn't do anything with you guys!) Then right after they left, we left the next day for a trip to Portland/Seattle and then to Forks for the Twilight DVD release.

But I am back now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter