Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it might be helpful to compile everyone's flight schedules in case some one wants to share taxis/shuttles. If you are interested, copy the info below and add your information.

Name--------Airport---------Arrival---------Departure
Bridget-----------SNA---------3/3 2:11 pm------3/6 5:35 pm
Great idea, even though I don't need it. :thumbsup2

Ressie for Cafe Orleans on Sunday, March 6 is at 6:30, party of 6. We have 2 spots available!!!
Thanks Laurie! :goodvibes If I am still full from the BBQ, I will probably just have some fries and beignets. LOL!! :snooty::eek::thumbsup2

Good Morning!

Sunday, March 6, 2011 - 1:30pm
Big Thunder BBQ

I made a reservation for 24 people and my mom made one for 10 so we have 5 extra spots for the BBQ on Sunday (Pix's name is on the list twice so it's really 30 signed up so far). Anything over 24 people had to be paid in advance so we split it up.

I also have a ressie for House Of Blues for Friday night at 5:30pm. My mom and I want to try it. I made the ressie for 4 so if anyone would like to join us let me know.
Thanks Sarah!!! :goodvibes

JUST AN FYI: The cost per person for the Meet & Greet will be $15. I will be sending out PM's and messages through Facebook with details on where to send payments and other information. So be on the lookout ;).

Is DisDivas on Facebook? I tired to search and did not find anything.

Question for the SH committee. I see Pacific Wharf as the location for the announce of results and dinner after the hunt. Will that give the group going to Fantasmic! enough time to get over to check in for our seats? Not sure of the timing since this is my first trip

My request would be Raspberry vodka, it's in a raspberry colored bottle. I know Linda likes it too!

That sounds yummy!! I'll add it to the list and if I find it for a good price, then I'll pick some up. Quick question, is it usually mixed with something or do you drink it by itself (can you tell I'm not much of a lush ;)).

Katie, a good bottle of red is called "Pillar Box Red." I buy it from Costco for about $7.00 and it even has a screw top! :rotfl: Seriously, for the price it is good and has won some awards. Thanks!

One more thing. I have some samples of the tees. The color is really pretty, and they are very soft, so I am pleased. :cloud9:

Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup2. That's a great price and the next time I'm at Costco, I'll be sure to look for it.

Is DisDivas on Facebook? I tired to search and did not find anything.

There's not a specific group for the Divas (well there used to be but I don't think anyone maintains it anymore :confused3). Most of just are just FB members and have friended each other.

Airport Ride Sharing Information (copy, paste, add your info, & repost if you want to try to share a ride with someone)

Name--------Airport---------Arrival---------Departure
Bridget--------SNA--------3/3 2:11 pm------3/6 5:35 pm
Carol----------SNA--------3/3 9:30 am------3/6 7:00 pm
Capri----------SNA--------3/3 11:08 am-----3/6 6:00pm
Debra---------SNA--------3/3 11:08 am-----3/6 6:00pm

JUST AN FYI: The cost per person for the Meet & Greet will be $15. I will be sending out PM's and messages through Facebook with details on where to send payments and other information. So be on the lookout ;).

Also in the upcoming weeks I will be buying drinks and such when I find them on sale so if anyone has any special requests, please let me know. There will be a mixture of sodas (diet & regular), water bottles, beer (regular & lite), wine (white & red), and of course Malibu Rum & juice. Just so you know, I'm not a wine or beer expert so if you're not happy with my selections, tough :laughing:. Seriously though any input on inexpensive wines or a preference for beers are appreciated (but not guaranteed to be there;)).

Could some ice tea be available? Maybe something non-sugary, herbal type?
If I'm the only tea drinker it's no problem for me to bring my own.

That sounds yummy!! I'll add it to the list and if I find it for a good price, then I'll pick some up. Quick question, is it usually mixed with something or do you drink it by itself (can you tell I'm not much of a lush ;)).

Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup2. That's a great price and the next time I'm at Costco, I'll be sure to look for it.

Yes, I use 7 up or diet 7 up. Its very tasty & refreshing!

Also in the upcoming weeks I will be buying drinks and such when I find them on sale so if anyone has any special requests, please let me know. There will be a mixture of sodas (diet & regular), water bottles, beer (regular & lite), wine (white & red), and of course Malibu Rum & juice. Just so you know, I'm not a wine or beer expert so if you're not happy with my selections, tough :laughing:. Seriously though any input on inexpensive wines or a preference for beers are appreciated (but not guaranteed to be there;)).

An idea for one of the whites (and I remember us talking in past years) is Reisling. My fav is a WA wine, Chateau Ste. Michele. You can find it at grocery stores or just about anywhere. When on sale it can go down to about $6, typically it runs around $7 (and just so you know, especially if you're not a wine shopper), most grocery stores have a policy of giving you a discount (10-20% off) if you purchase 6 bottles at a time.

You start talking about alcohol and suddenly I wanna come on the trip...:sad2:

I have issues. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a magical day! :goodvibes

Hello again everyone!!!
Zoe really wants to go see Tron at El Capitan. They still have tickets for both Sat and Sunday next weekend...the last weekend it's here. Anyone interested in joining us?

Hi there. My name is Juliette and I am friends with Zoemakes5. I have been following the posts and listening to tales of the Ladies trip for a year or so and am very excited to take part. Even if I can get away and make it for just one day, I want to be part of this. My husband, 2 boys and myself have been passholders at Disneyland for a few years now. We have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays and taken part in DisneyParksBlog events. We are big, big fans of Disneyland and California Adventure. We were trying to think if there is anything we have not tried at the resort. Can you believe we have yet to ride in the canoes of the rivers of America? Of course there are the tours and the segways I have yet to try. So, even though we go once or twice a month minimum, there is always something new to be excited by and savored.

Juliette22:wizard:

Yes, I use 7 up or diet 7 up. Its very tasty & refreshing!

Got it :thumbsup2.

An idea for one of the whites (and I remember us talking in past years) is Reisling. My fav is a WA wine, Chateau Ste. Michele. You can find it at grocery stores or just about anywhere. When on sale it can go down to about $6, typically it runs around $7 (and just so you know, especially if you're not a wine shopper), most grocery stores have a policy of giving you a discount (10-20% off) if you purchase 6 bottles at a time.

Thanks for the white wine suggestion. I'll keep an eye out for it. As far as quantity of wine, I'll probably only be buying about 4 bottles. Last year we had 3 or 4 bottles of wine & when the party was over there was 2 half bottles & 1 full bottle left :scared1:. The ladies were mostly drinking beer & the Malibu drinks (along with Cheryl's famous Jello shots). I'm trying not to over do it on food and drinks this year, because we had a lot left over last year and it made it harder to clean up.

You start talking about alcohol and suddenly I wanna come on the trip...:sad2:

I have issues. :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a magical day! :goodvibes

You know you're coming ;). You can sleep on the floor in our room LOL.

Hello again everyone!!!
Zoe really wants to go see Tron at El Capitan. They still have tickets for both Sat and Sunday next weekend...the last weekend it's here. Anyone interested in joining us?

That sounds like fun, but Laila's a little small for Tron :).

Just another FYI: I sent out all the information for the Meet & Greet this morning. So check your PM's or FB messages. If you're on the M&G list and didn't get a message from me, please let me know!!

Hi there. My name is Juliette and I am friends with Zoemakes5. I have been following the posts and listening to tales of the Ladies trip for a year or so and am very excited to take part. Even if I can get away and make it for just one day, I want to be part of this. My husband, 2 boys and myself have been passholders at Disneyland for a few years now. We have celebrated anniversaries, birthdays and taken part in DisneyParksBlog events. We are big, big fans of Disneyland and California Adventure. We were trying to think if there is anything we have not tried at the resort. Can you believe we have yet to ride in the canoes of the rivers of America? Of course there are the tours and the segways I have yet to try. So, even though we go once or twice a month minimum, there is always something new to be excited by and savored.

Welcome Juliette :wave:!!

Thanx Sarah for the BBQ ressie!!!! :hug:

Great idea for the travel info & shuttle/taxi sharing!!! :worship:

Melody......the BBQ is quite filling.....but I can't eat very much at any meal.....so I figured setting the dinner for 5 hrs later would work out......besides, too much good stuff at Cafe Orlean's not to taste a bit of this & that!! :rotfl:

Hi Juliette!!!! Glad you decided to post!! I'll be sharing the room with you & Michelle (if you're able to stay over night).....my name is Laurie, married almost 27 yrs, mother of 7 kids, lover of all things Disney!!! Can't wait to meet you! :yay:

:rolleyes1 so have I mentioned I still haven't gotten my flight yet....... But the upside to that is.......I might get to ride home in my van on the Wednesday following the trip!!! :woohoo: Mike is trying to get off work to drive down Sunday & then after the last goodbye is said to the ladies......I'll move my luggage to join him at the PPH for 2 nights........2 days in DL & NO KIDS!!!! Early anniversary gift to ourselves!! :banana: So good thing I didn't purchase a round trip airline ticket!!

Yay, Juliette, you successfully posted your first time! Yay! Even if you can only make a day trip up, I think you'll love the group!

Start thinking about your door signs ladies !
For the newcomers, we like to make signs for the hotel doors. You can decorate it any way you like, add your names or screen names. It's fun to know what room everyone is in.
This is mine and Sarah's from the last trip.
distrip2010016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter