• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridget, thanks so much for all your work setting up Fantasmic. Such a bummer it didn't work out. When I heard it announced on my radio...I thought I heard it wrong. I asked multiple people if they heard it and nobody did. Finally got it confirmed and was so sad for everybody who had signed up. Your right...fireworks seating was still alot of fun :)

Jill - and thanks to you for the heads up that it was canceled! I never did hear an announcement in the park and we even walked by the check in area to see what the CM might say and no one was there!! Not sure how we would have found out if you didn't let us know.

I believe the dates were announced at the BBQ Feb 23-27 2012. Due to the fact that DVC needs to be booked 11 months out, no bickering back in forth about dates, and the poll turns into a big argument, and this way a date was just set.

Great - I will get it on my calendar!

Yay for dates. I like that timeframe and my mom likes it cuz that is when her birthday is so it will always be her birthday when we go!! ;)

Let the planning commence!! YAY!!!

Yay for dates. I like that timeframe and my mom likes it cuz that is when her birthday is so it will always be her birthday when we go!! ;)

Let the planning commence!! YAY!!!

:thumbsup2

:rotfl: I have a hokey-pokey video you guys can see too. I have to try to upload everything tonight. Should I just upload them all to shutterfly? :confused3

Last night I found a Tink necklace. I saw it in the store window and was able to hunt it down! It sold out in the store on Main St but I found it in another. Here is a pic:

2011-03-06_18-23-38_629.jpg

It rolls and says "Believe" and has a silhouette of Tink and also a flower design and you can also turn it to say "Neverland." I thought it was really cute and never saw it before.

Thanks Sarah for posting the one of Maynard I sent you! He is so funny :rotfl: I have few pics I took with my phone that I will post here later.

In our SM photo- I like the facial expression of the 2 behind Jazz and Sarah :rotfl:

I believe the dates were announced at the BBQ Feb 23-27 2012. Due to the fact that DVC needs to be booked 11 months out, no bickering back in forth about dates, and the poll turns into a big argument, and this way a date was just set.

we also thought having a "set" date (i.e., always the last weekend in February) would make it easier for people to plan and avoid the most common conflicts like President's Day and Spring Breaks.

Just out of curiosity (the dates happen to work fine for me), who actually had any input in selecting and then announcing to the rest of the group and did we actually know this was the plan beforehand (meaning that a group was going to make the decision for the rest)?

OK, good to know. So does everyone who was on this trip already know the dates then?

I knew nothing about the dates being chossen already and I was at the BBQ. Nobody told my table. My mom and Rochelle (who were also at my table) didn't hear a thing either.

Just out of curiosity (the dates happen to work fine for me), who actually had any input in selecting and then announcing to the rest of the group and did we actually know this was the plan beforehand (meaning that a group was going to make the decision for the rest)?

I'd like to know as well.

I say put all the facts out there for everybody now, before it gets out of hand. Everybody should know the same info and not have to wonder what pm's are flying around on the back burner or why they were not asked or informed of details.

I knew nothing about the dates being chossen already and I was at the BBQ. Nobody told my table. My mom and Rochelle (who were also at my table) didn't hear a thing either.

I'd like to know as well.

I did get a PM from Cheryl, but I'll leave it up to the group to explain. I see nothing wrong in people knowing how a group decision was made :thumbsup2

And Jill, I agree, which is why I asked the question. I don't think it's unreasonable in any way to ask that, nor should it be shocking that people want to know.

Hi, Ladies!

I just wanted to pop in and say that this thread is getting dangerously close to the dreaded 250-page point, which is when we have to close it down. Apparently - according to Webmaster Kathy - there are all kinds of technical malfunctions that occur when a thread gets too large, and so when it hits 250 pages we have to close it.

The last time I checked in here (silently), you guys were only at 240 pages. Now it's 244! I can tell you will hit the 250 mark in no time. Probably in an hour!:rotfl2:

I don't know who is going to start the next Diva thread but it might be a good time to do it. Is anyone prepared to jump in and start a new thread?

Hi, Ladies!

I just wanted to pop in and say that this thread is getting dangerously close to the dreaded 250-page point, which is when we have to close it down. Apparently - according to Webmaster Kathy - there are all kinds of technical malfunctions that occur when a thread gets too large, and so when it hits 250 pages we have to close it.

The last time I checked in here (silently), you guys were only at 240 pages. Now it's 244! I can tell you will hit the 250 mark in no time. Probably in an hour!:rotfl2:

I don't know who is going to start the next Diva thread but it might be a good time to do it. Is anyone prepared to jump in and start a new thread?

But Sherry, we like to live dangerously. :rotfl:

Actually, I would start a new one but I believe Deb said Steph was going to when she gets home. Can it wait until then? Or will we get spanked for being bad? :hyper: ;) j/k

I don't understand why the question couldn't be answered on the thread but had to be PMed. What's the big secret?

Oh well, whatever. I hope you ladies have fun next year.

But Sherry, we like to live dangerously. :rotfl:

Actually, I would start a new one but I believe Deb said Steph was going to when she gets home. Can it wait until then? Or will we get spanked for being bad? :hyper: ;) j/k

:rotfl2:I know, Beth! You guys are wild women over here! Actually, I'm shocked that the thread didn't hit the 250-page mark sooner than now. You guys are slacking!:rotfl2: Good timing, though, since the Divas trip just ended today, right?

I assume Steph is getting home soon?

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know, just in case it hadn't been discussed who was starting the new thread yet. I didn't want to close it down abruptly. I'm not sure exactly what happens when the threads get huge, but Kathy said that technical problems occur so that's why the mysterious '250' number was put into effect.

:rotfl2:I know, Beth! You guys are wild women over here! Actually, I'm shocked that the thread didn't hit the 250-page mark sooner than now. You guys are slacking!:rotfl2: Good timing, though, since the Divas trip just ended today, right?

I assume Steph is getting home soon?

I just wanted to pop in and let you all know, just in case it hadn't been discussed who was starting the new thread yet. I didn't want to close it down abruptly. I'm not sure exactly what happens when the threads get huge, but Kathy said that technical problems occur so that's why the mysterious '250' number was put into effect.
I think she'll be home tonight, I sent her a PM on FB so either way a new one will be started.

I remember before that rule was put into effect. I had a thread on the DIS Meets section that was for a DIS ladies only WDW trip. That thread reached over 10,000 pages!!! We used to put 20-30 pages a day on that thread. :lmao: No more with the new rules now.

Sarah: the question WAS asked. People at my table even stood up and asked for everyone's attention. Maybe you were talking to Rochelle at the time?

I just don't understand--unless someone has a major issue with the dates--why this keeps coming up.

So that people publicly know how the conversation evolved:

one of the ladies at our table was very excited and asked how soon we could decide dates. at first--those of us who were aware of the issues from last year--said we should probably wait. Then the people at my table started discussing what the best dates would be.

earlier in the week some ladies indicated they bought annual passes and would like to use them again. That means that we need to have the trip earlier than this one to accommodate that.

some ladies were concerned about Spring Break dates. That means that we can't go in March or April (and frankly, given the 102 degree date we had in April a few years ago) I don't think we want to--it was hot enough this last Saturday and everyone complained. Ditto for May--especially since there will be no Food and Wine.

we don't want to go President's Day weekend--too crowded (second to last weekend in February.

The weekend before that is Valentine's Day.

That leaves January or early February. As those of you who live locally know--that is also our rainiest season.

That left the last weekend in February. Some other ladies (and no, I don't remember who) indicated it might be good idea to have a fixed weekend so people could plan around it.

That was the logic. No -- everyone was NOT involved in the initial discussion. That is why Steph stood up and said how about the last weekend in February. No one objected. In fact, we all whooped and hollored after she said--"ok, that's when we'll do it."

There was a lot of logic behind the dates. Frankly, one of my friends will NEVER be able to attend that date--but since she has already indicated she will not be attending ever again it is ok.

From my viewpoint if someone has a better idea then go for it. But please don't make it look like someone was trying to pull the wool over someone's eyes.

Tell me when to show up--I've already told Melody over the weekend that I am not going to be on the scavenger hunt committee next year and don't plan to be on ANY committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter