Girls-Only Trip *OLD thread* Please see link to new thread in 1st post, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
***Click here to be directed to the new trip thread.***

Welcome one and all to the planning thread for the Disneyland Girls Only Trips. We just finished our 3rd annual trip (February 25 thru March 2, 2010) and are already planning and getting to know each other before our next trip March 3rd-7th, 2011.

For those who are not familiar with these trips, they are for ladies only please! No men or children are allowed, and you must be over age 18. Other than that, there are no requirements except a love of Disney.
So please feel free to join us here on this thread for our 4th Annual Girls Only Trip.
(See post #9 for more info, thanks!)

clipprline.gif

These are photos from our official kick off party, the Meet and Greet. Each year it is a different theme. This year it was a pajama party. There was pizza, drinks, a candy buffet, jello shots, a pillow case exchange, fun decorations and just a GREAT time had by all! :cool1:

2l9ijq.jpg
fw7foi.jpg
wa4ils.jpg

1zd43lg.jpg
2nq89aa.jpg
2wqu0qe.jpg

ohjsrm.jpg
100_1938.jpg
100_1944.jpg

100_1940.jpg
100_1946.jpg
100_1939.jpg

P2250005.jpg

Group shot in Pixie Hollow. It was tie-dye t-shirt day and I think it went well with the vibrant and fun colors found in Pixie Hollow. :hippie:
And we were left with the unforgettable quote of the day from one of the CMs, "Hey, the one in the tie dye, can you move?" :rolleyes1

distrip2010048-1.jpg

The Princess Club. We know how to rock a tiara! princess:
P2250001.jpg

The Mother/Daughter Club. Special times and special memories to cherish forever. :hug:

distrip2010028.jpg

THE DIS DIVAS!! :banana:

distrip2010030.jpg

**For pics and details of our fun March '09 trip, check out these trip reports:
Dis Divas Trip Duex
DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun!
2nd Annual Gals Trip

**Here are two slide shows with pics from the original April '08 trip. Click to see our fun pictures!
Disneyland Ladies Only Trip slide show
Ladies Only Trip 2nd slide show

mommaU4 - Beth
100_1960-2.jpg

Stacerita - Stacie (coming with her mom and sis Nikki)
ry3D400CARBF3KG.jpg

toocherie - Cheryl
24035_1288938156356_1617280436_6-4.jpg

disney-inspired - Cristabel
23613_109765639039051_1000001684-2.jpg

lulubelle - Linda
ry3D400CAMUCQF1-1.jpg

lulubellesDD - Brianne
ry3D400CAMUCQF1.jpg

Dangermouse - Callie
27248_1330974187398_1022298451_1002.jpg

Zoemakes5 - Michelle
555-2.jpg

21yankees - Steph
iuiuiu.jpg

stacielee - Stacie
27248_1330974827414_1022298451_1002.jpg

tinkermell - Melody
tttttt.jpg

Mary Jo - Mary Jo
club343-2.jpg

MotoXPrincess99 - Sarah
ry3D400CA9G2XC8-1.jpg

VintageDisneyRules - Trudi
ry3D400CA9G2XC8.jpg

disney-super-mom - Capri
iuiuiuiu.jpg

4fosterkids - Jill
kjkjkj.jpg

Califgirl - Chris
DSC00054a.jpg

MamaKate - Katie
100_1961-1.jpg

sahbushka - SarahMay
ry3D400CAPIT7U0.jpg

cheshiregirl - Jane
tttttt-1.jpg

PrincessDuck - Daisy
ry3D400CAMID662.jpg

goofycathy - Cathy
IMGP1672.jpg

jordansmomma - Debra
ry3D400CAMC973Q.jpg

BillyFan - Tina
ry3D400.jpg

Donna - Tina's mom (pic needed)

LittleBlackRaincloud - Heather
100_1961-2.jpg

cccdisney - Becci
ry400.jpg

KerTggr - Kerry
24035_1288938156356_1617280436_6-2.jpg

eatmypixiedust - Rochelle (pic needed)

CoMickey - Vicki
ry400-5.jpg

prettyprincessbelle - Courtney
ry400-1.jpg

Felecia - Courtney's mom
ooooo-1.jpg

BC Disney Lover - Angie
angie.jpg

karylrocks - Carol
100_1956-1.jpg

anut4disney/ - Shirley
ry3D400CAQ8BNMI.jpg

Wendypooh22 - Wendy
ry3D400-1.jpg

Tammy - Wendypooh's sister
23613_109765595705722_1000001684528.jpg

Queenbillabong - Theresa
100_1957-1.jpg

Wendylady36 - Wendy
ry400-2.jpg

katieandmattsmom - Patty
patty.jpg

Disney_Princess09 - Vanessa
ry400-4.jpg

Daisy_77 - January
IMG_1764e.jpg

MommywithDreams - Janelle
IMG_0490.jpg

QueenDoOver - Tracey
lll.jpg

grizbuzz - Jen
555-1.jpg

FlameGirl - Kathy
kathy.jpg

Boo Bear - Bridgette
232323232fp537_5_nu3364__85_74__WSN.jpg

Diznee Luver - Laurie
Image459jpga.jpg

ebtbmom - Heather
100_5357.jpg

California Dreamer/Donna (no pic available)

welcome.jpg

This post is to say hello to any and all new ladies interested in joining the DIS Divas Annual Disneyland trips.

All important trip information regarding this trip will always be posted here on the front page, and updated in the thread title. So if you miss a few days on the thread, you needn't worry you've missed anything major as it will all be updated here.
This is also where, as the trip plans progress, you will find the schedule, hotel info, roommate lists, contact person for meal and events, etc.

I will start with our schedule from our 3rd annual trip which took place 2/25 thru 3/2, 2010. This will help give you some idea of what these trips are like and what events/activities take place. Keep in mind this is our OLD schedule and a new one will be planned for 2011.

SCHEDULE (OLD Schedule!! for reference only)

Thursday 2/25 (lime green or any green shirt) DL 10-8 and DCA 10-6
Arrival day ~ All arriving at various times
Lunch: Rancho del Zocalo patio @ 2:00, followed by group ride on POTC.
Flag Retreat Ceremony in Town Square starts @ 4:30, meet a few minutes prior.
Dinner: Meet and Greet Pajama Party in Hojo's @ 6:30-9:30

Friday 2/26 (red shirt) DL 8-midnight, DCA 10-9
Breakfast: You're on your own
Princess Fantasy Faire, followed by group ride on Small World (wear your tiaras and meet in front of PFF when it opens)
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour @ 2:00 (meet at tour start location near City Hall a few minutes early)
Lunch: Ariel's Princess lunch @ 1:00 (meet in front of restaurant at 12:50 to check in)
Group drawing at the Animation Station (meet at entrance to drawing room a little before 3:00)
Dinner: Carnation Cafe @ various times between 4:20 and 5:30 (see sign up list, and meet a few minutes early to check in)
Cove Bar for drinks (Time TBD)

Saturday 2/27(black pirate shirt)DL 8-midnight, DCA 10-10
Breakfast: Riverbelle Terrace @ park opening, or on your own
Mother/Daughter Club photo @ 8:45 (meet in front of castle)
Ladies Trip Group photo @ 9:00 in front of castle (PLEASE don't be late)
Scavenger Hunt @ 9:45 in Carnation Plaza (hunt starts at 10:00)
Lunch options:
Thunder Mtn. BBQ @ 2:30, Cafe Orleans @ 3, or on your own
Group viewing of the Billy Hill Show (meet @ 3:30 at Golden Horseshoe)
Dinner: Jazz Kitchen @ 7:30 (meet at 7:15 to check in)
Fireworks viewing: Meet at Coke Corner @ 8:50 and go from there

Sunday 2/28(tie dye shirt)DL 8-midnight, DCA 10-9
Group pics at Pixie Hollow at opening
Breakfast: At Riverbelle Terrace @ 9:30
OR
House of Blues Gospel Brunch @ 10 a.m. (meet at HOB by 9:50 to check in)
Lunch: You're on your own
Dinner options: (remember to meet about 10 minutes early to allow for check in time)
Cafe Orleans @ 4:30
Napa Rose @ 5:30
House of Blues @ 5:30
Meet for drinks after dinner? Cove Bar, Napa Lounge, or Chris' GC villa??

Monday 3/1 (blue shirt)DL 10-8, DCA 10-6
Breakfast: Steakhouse 55 @ 9:30 a.m. OR Mickey's breakfast
(get fastpass for Soarin group ride)
Visa group photo in DCA at 11:30
Lunch: Storytellers @ 1:30 (meet at 1:20), followed by a group ride on Soarin
Dinner: Redd Rocket's Pizza Port @ 5:00, or on your own
For dessert possibly meet for Gibson Girl ice cream or a "Kitchen Sink" instead.

Tuesday 3/2 (white shirt or last trip's Tink shirt)DL 10-8, DCA 10-6
Departure Day
Farewell Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe @ 8:30

T-shirt days
As you can see next to each day there is a t-shirt and color listed. Just for fun, we like to plan coordinating shirt days. It is entirely optional, but it does make finding each other in the parks a bit easier.
We always have at least one group tee and then we pick certain colors for different days. You can wear a t-shirt, polo shirt, tank top, sweatshirt, whatever as long as it's in that day's color. For 2011 we are talking about doing some different options, including a pink day and a day where you wear anything with Mickey featured prominately on it.

These are the tee designs that were discussed previously but ended up NOT being used for our 2010 trip. There is currently talk of keeping the top two favorite designs (options 1 and 5) and using them for our 2011 trip. They are courtesy of Melody/tinkermell and her son. Thanks Mel!

More info on the tee colors and designs will come as the trip plans progress.

T-shirt option #1:
gtt2.jpg

T-shirt option #2:
gtt3.jpg

T-shirt option #3:
gtt4.jpg

T-shirt option #4:
gtt5.jpg

T-shirt option #5:
gtt.jpg

Events/Activities/Tours

There are a couple things we do as a group to add to the fun of the trip. The first is an opening night Meet and Greet. In the past this has been held in the conference room of the Hojo Anaheim. It always has a fun theme; Mardi Gras, Pajama Party. Some options for future trips are a luau theme, 80's theme, etc. We have a Meet and Greet committee who works hard each year to make this a fun success.

The Scavenger Hunt is another group event that is a lot of fun! It can get a bit competitive ;) , but you can request a team that's more laid back if that's not your style. We have a committee that works on the hunt each year and as it gets closer sign ups will start for that and they will break us into teams.
Each team then picks a name, and a fun way to accessorize or dress up to show off their team name. There are questions to answer, riddles to figure out, and trivia questions you can find the answers to inside the park. At the end, fun prizes are awarded. More info on that will come as it gets closer.

Also an option are tours. There is a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour:http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...ours/detail?name=WalkInWaltsFootstepsTourPage
As well as a Segway tour: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...=CruzinDisneysCaliforniaAdventureParkTourPage
Many of the returning ladies have done these tours previously, but any of the new ladies are welcome to recruit other "newbies" and form a group to attend one or more of the tours.

Hotel and Transportation
This group is a group of friends and Disney fans getting together for some fun. :) It is not an organized tour group, which means that you are free to come and go as you please. You can stay all five days or which ever days work best for you. There is a schedule but that's only a guide and no one is required to do anything they don't feel like doing.

It also means each person is responsible for making their own hotel arrangments and travel arrangements. Many who arrive at the same time will choose to share shuttles and such from the airport, but again, that is arranged on your own.

In the past, the majority have roomed at the Hojo Anaheim. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/ But some have stayed at other places or on site.
Also most people end up with one or more roommates. That's something that typically happens as the time passes and you find one or two ladies you really seem to click with that you think you'd like to room with.

More trip info.
The trips are a great way to meet other DISers, have fun, take a break from real life and have a different sort of trip than you would with your family along.
We do group meals, groups rides, group photos, etc. But we don't travel the parks as a group. Can you imagine 45-50 ladies walking down Main Street?? ;)

But we will meet up for a few things, then break apart for others. The nice thing is there is always someone who wants to do what you want, whether that is shopping, thrill rides, kiddie rides, people watching, eating, etc. so you don't ever have to be alone. Unless you want to that is. We also pass out a print out with everyone's cell phone number the first night so you have a way to contact everyone else.

I hope this info is helpful to all the new ladies we have, or to anyone thinking of joining us. Please feel free to jump right in and post on the thread. Introduce yourself, share a photo if you'd like, etc.
As always if you have any questions, feel free to ask here on the thread, or send me a PM if you prefer.

It's a fun time, a great trip and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting many new ones!! :cool1:

Dear Divas,
Obviously the last two weeks has been a trying time within our group. Things have been said, feelings have been hurt and relationships have been damaged. Apologies have been made on the thread and personally by some of those involved, but it seems that many people (myself included) are still hurting due to the divide that has formed within the group.

We are at a crossroad and the choices we make right now will affect the entire future of the Divas. Thus, with your support I would like to ask for a DIVA DO OVER and a chance for our group to start anew, beginning with a new thread and another shot at selecting the dates for next year’s Annual Trip. I believe that there is a better way of selecting a trip date that is more inclusive and conscious of people’s legitimate scheduling conflicts.

Many of you know that I advise sororities and fraternities as my professional job. What you may not know is that a lot of what that entails is comprised of event planning & coordination responsibilities, managing group dynamics, and conflict management/mediation training. I also spend a good bit of time doing assessment of events and services that my staff and student provide. So, when I found myself thinking through the crisis that our group is facing from my professional lense, I realized that it wasn’t the voting process that was flawed but rather the data that we collected was not what we needed in order to make an informed decision.

Each of us was asked to vote for their favorite of four sets of dates based on the general timeframe that had been established 3 years ago as Diva Annual Trip time. And, many of us took it exactly that way—vote for the one that works best for you. But, because it was a public poll you got to see exactly what the vote count was , and you may have been swayed to vote for the one that you liked best that also appeared to have a reasonable shot at winning. Or, you may have felt that you needed to vote a certain way because of friends within the group who particularly wanted one date or another.

With a group of over 50 women that have attended at least 1 of the previous three trips it is nearly impossible to find a time that everyone wants to go because of all of the personal variables (some like it to be cooler, others want the trip to be when it’s warmer, etc.) However, we should be able to find a time when as many Divas as possible are free to attend, whether or not it’s their top preference time for the trip.

That being said, what we really should have been asking is “when can you go on the trip?” or more importantly asking the inverse—“when can’t you go?”

In an effort of goodwill and trying to make our Annual Meet as amazing as it has been in the past 3 years, I am asking that we abandon both the currently set Annual Trip and the F&W Mini Meet/Alternate Trip & try again to set a date when a majority can attend using the following process.

I have provided a list of the 11 potential trip dates starting in mid February and running until the end of April at the end of this message. Please review the list carefully and PM or FB message me a copy of the list with only the dates that you absolutely CANNOT attend marked as NO. In order to make this work we need to be open to dates that may not be your first preference but when you could attend if that is the best time for the group as a whole.

For example I do not prefer to attend over President’s Day due to high crowds, but if that is the best date for the group I could attend, so I would not mark the set of dates from Feb. 17-21 as a No. But, I have a mandatory work event during the dates April 14-18, and I cannot attend over Easter due to family commitments, so I would mark both of those choices as a NO.

Each Diva and Friends of Divas/Diva Moms who have previously attended at least one Annual Trip gets to submit their dates to me privately by 8:00 am next Sunday morning. As everyone submits their availability, I will transfer it all into a spreadsheet with the dates listed across the top and each Diva’s name running down the side. The column that ends up with the least amount of NO votes would win. In the case of a tie between more than one date with an equal number of Divas available to attend, we would then have a conversation regarding the pros and cons of each option.

I realize that the chance of finding a time that every single Diva is available to attend is very unlikely. But, I think we can and should do better than we did in our first shot at picking dates for next year. We are not contestants on Survivor who need to Outwit, Outlast and Outplay one another as we build our coalitions and strive to make it to the winner’s circle. We are Divas—we are classy, mature and amazing women who came together to build each other up, not tear each other down.

I also recognize that some people are feeling that they no longer want to be a part of this group, and as much I will personally miss you, I respect your choice to walk away if the Diva experience no longer makes you happy. But, I do ask that if you are walking away that you are doing so of your own accord because you no longer want to be a part of the group. And, I also ask that you do not judge those Divas who want to still make a go of the group.

I have been tossing this idea around in my head for the past several days and I do not come to you with this proposal lightly. I recognize that by doing this I may now become the proverbial bad guy in the group, and this is risk I’m willing to take. However, you should know that I have floated this idea out to a preliminary focus group of Divas including some who have been involved in some of the ugliness and misunderstandings of the past 14 day. I am happy to say that I have garnered all of their support in terms of a willingness to mend fences, build bridges and move on. Hopefully, this can be the start of something new.

Diva Love,
Jane

Feb. 3-7 (Chinese New Year)
Feb. 10-14 (Valentine’s Day)
Feb. 17-21 (President’s Day)
Feb 24-28
March 3-7
March 10-14 (Daylight Savings)
March 17-21 (St. Patrick’s Day)
March 24-28
March 31-April 4
April 7-11
April 14-18 (Palm Sunday)
April 21-24 (Easter & Passover)
April 28-May 2

Jane, I'm all for mending fences and starting fresh! Thank you for being willing to help with this. :hippie:

It sounds good to me. I'm just hoping against all hope I get the chance to actually meet up with the Divas next year. Somehow. Anyhow.

Ahhhh, it's got that new thread smell! :snooty:

Jane, I think the plan for picking dates is a great one. I'm looking forward to starting fresh and moving forward TOGETHER. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter