Girls Trip #1 (check in daily for any plans being finalized or changes/updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
Hi ladies - this thread has reached its limit & so we closed it. Go to the new thread at:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1797114

Hi Disney lovin ladies!!
I changed my first post where I was asking if anyone was interested in a Girls Only Trip, to now reflect all the planning we've done so far!

If you are just joining us..... :welcome: . We're happy you could join us for what promises to be a GREAT trip!! :banana:

Official Dates: April 24-28, 2008

The Food and Wine events are now listed!! Click here for more info!!

SCHEDULE (subject to change and items will be added as planned)

Thursday, April 24:
(Disneyland 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. and California Adventure 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.)

Official starting day!! :woohoo:

Breakfast: Not sure if anyone will be in early enough for this.

Lunch: There will be a few ladies there in time for lunch. But since we have a big dinner planned, maybe just something simple?

Dinner: At Jazz Kitchen 6:30 p.m., followed by drinks at the UVA bar

Friday, April 25:
(Disneyland 8 a.m. - Midnight and California Adventure 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.)

Breakfast: Something light in the room?

Lunch: At the Blue Bayou @ 11:50

VIP tour is from 2-6.

Dinner:

Saturday, April 26:
(Disneyland 8 a.m. - Midnight and California Adventure 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.)

Breakfast: Goofy's Kitchen @ 10:10 a.m.

Lunch:

Dinner: Food and Wine event OR House of Blues @ 5:30 p.m. for those not doing F&W
Electrical Parade

Sunday, April 27:
(Disneyland 8 a.m. - Midnight and California Adventure 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

Breakfast:

Lunch: Carnation Cafe 2:40 pm

Dinner:

Monday, April 28:
(Disneyland 9 a.m. - 10 p.m. and California Adventure 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.)

Going home

Breakfast: Depending on everyone's departure times, maybe those who have the time, can meet somewhere for breakfast?

(This is a work in progress. Feel free to offer any ideas or suggestions.)

**CONTACT NAMES**
Below is a list of names of the ladies to contact for various events, tours, meals, etc.
If you are interested in participating in a certain activity or meal please PM that person with your request so that it is easier for them to keep track. Posts sometimes get lost on the thread and we don't want anyone excluded by accident. Thanks!

Tink33/Lesley ~ VIP Tour

stacielee/Stacie ~ Photopass Photopass Information Link AND Segway Tour Segway Tour Info Link

staley7580/Megan ~ House of Blues and Jazz Kitchen

Zoemakes5/Michelle ~ Minnie and Friends breakfast

DangerMouse/Callie ~ T-shirts, Lanyards Post with tee/lanyard info (these tees have already been ordered) and Carnation Cafe lunch

disney-super-mom/Capri ~ T-shirts Final 2 t-shirt choices (these tees have already been ordered)

MamaKate/Katie ~ Goofy's Kitchen breakfast and Blue Bayou lunch

Mommau4/Beth ~ Cell phone list (PM me if you want to be on the list)

HOTEL INFO:
If you are interested in booking a room at the HOJO, which is where most of us are staying, please call Lorealle directly at 714-618 6025 and mention that you are part of the DisBoards Ladies Only Trip Group to book the $74 rate which is for an NQQ1, which is a non smoking room with 2 queen beds, in building 1.

Link to list of Roomies and Arrival/Departure dates

Link to Find a Roomie thread

Our list of ladies so far:
(if I missed your name let me know and I'll add you)

21yankees - Steph
staley7580 - Megan
jillfelice - Jill
pixiewings71 - Kerri
MamaKate - Katie
grumpyvet - Amy
stacielee - Stacie
AZMickeyfans - Shawna
DangerMouse - Callie
eatmypixiedust - Rochelle
Crazy4Disney72 - Karen
disneycutie84 - Ashley
tink71973 - Dawn
tinkermell - Melody
Califgirl - Chris
fairycat - Heather
Mary Jo - Mary Jo or MJ
Tink33 - Lesley
Zoemakes5 - Michelle
sameyeyam - Alison
lisadoll93 - Lisa
funnygarcia - Bernice
MotoXPrincess99 - Sarah
disney-super-mom - Capri
tinkerbelt - Stephanie
lulubelle - Linda
super_star - ?
castleeto - Shelly
Stacerita - Stacie
wdwr - Shelley
Dagny - Dagny
4fosterkids - Jill
toocherie - Cheryl
LaurenF - Lauren
disneegrl4eva - Lynn
Belle1997 - Ruth
Alex2kMommy - ? (with family)
MATTERHORN - Andrea (with family)
seattlebusymom - Amy (with family)
disney-inspired - Cristabel
grizzbuzz - Jen
BillyFan - (there with her DH)
dizzyami - Stephanie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BELOW ARE LISTS OF ATTENDEES FOR TOURS, MEALS, PHOTOPASS, ETC: (I can only keep this current if the contact people let me know of any additions or deletions. Also if you see an error you need to PM the contact person to let them know. Thanks)

Photopass List as of March 13
stacielee
Zoemakes5
21yankees
toocherie
grumpyvet
DangerMouse
MotoXPrincess99
castleeto
seattlebusymom
Belle1997
lulubelle
disney-inspired

Jazz Kitchen List
Stacy/ Stacerita
Stacy/ stacylee
Michelle/zoemakes5
Grumpyvet
Cheryl
Mary Jo
Bernice
Steph/21yankees
Melody
Shelly/castleeto
Megan
Cristabel
Cathy
Capri
Heather

House of Blues List
Steph/ 21yankees
grumpyvet
Katie/ mamakate
Michelle/ zoemakes5
Lisadoll93
Lorealle
Mary Jo
Capri disney-super-mom
Shawna
Megan

Blue Bayou List
disney-super-mom & friend (Capri and Cathy)
Zoemakes5 (Michelle)
Mamakate (Katie)
toocherie (Cheryl)
stacielee (Stacie)
Stacerita (Stacie)
21yankees (Steph)
wdwr (Shelley)
castleeto (Shelly)
LaurenF (Lauren)
Dagny (Dagny)
4fosterkids (Jill)
Mary Jo (Mary Jo)
Belle1997 (Ruth)
disney-inspired (Cristabel)
grizbuzz (Jen)
Bounce_Tigger (Kelly)

Goofy's Kitchen List
stacielee (Stacie)
Zoemakes5 (Michelle)
Stacerita (Stacie)
toocherie (Cheryl)
Grumpvet (Amy)
21yankess (Steph)
Mamakate (Katie)
lulubelle (Linda)

Carnation Cafe List
Steph
Califgirl
Michelle - Zoemakes5
MotoX
StacieLee
Blueberry Stamps
MamaKate
Lulubelle (Linda)
DangerMouse
Ellen (my friend)
Capri
Cathy

Sounds like fun, Beth. I can't do it in that time frame.....leave on the cruise May 9th.
But maybe a future one.

Original post edited to show pictures!! :yay:

The Disneyland Ladies

disney-super-mom/Capri (screaming in 1st row)
Dinosaurfans.jpg

second from left is 4fosterkids/?, wdwr/Shelley, Dagny

IMG_2980.jpg

Califgirl/Chris and 4fosterkids/?
IMG_2995.jpg

DangerMouse/Callie
family.jpg

21yankees/Steph
pictureatdisneywithrhys.jpg

MotoXPrincess99/Sarah in cap
dl.gif

MamaKate/Katie
rsz_DCL.jpg

staley7580/Megan
P1010159.jpg

Stacerita/Stacie
100_0590.jpg

stacielee/Stacie
Stacie.jpg

grumpyvet/Amy
image005.jpg

funnygarcia/Bernice
100_1485-1.jpg

Zoemakes5/Michelle (in glasses) and friend
michelleandfriend.jpg

Belle1997/Ruth
63674me_and_chip_and_dale_small.jpg

disney-inspired/Cristabel

toocherie/Cheryl
DisneyBirthday2008016.jpg

I don't know if I'm in the age range you're looking for, but I love Disneyland, and I'm always looking for new people to go with. I'm a college senior, so I can do all the things you described. I usually go to Disney by myself, but I would love to go. I could go in April, but May would be too close to finals for me.

How long are you thinking of going for? I would prefer to do just a weekend trip, something like Friday to Sunday, just because classes take up my week.

Let me know if I'm the type of person you'd be interested in going with.

I don't know if I'm in the age range you're looking for, but I love Disneyland, and I'm always looking for new people to go with. I'm a college senior, so I can do all the things you described. I usually go to Disney by myself, but I would love to go. I could go in April, but May would be too close to finals for me.

How long are you thinking of going for? I would prefer to do just a weekend trip, something like Friday to Sunday, just because classes take up my week.

Let me know if I'm the type of person you'd be interested in going with.
Hi there! Sure you are! :thumbsup2

Last time when we went to WDW, we had a large group, about 40 ladies, and a large range of ages.
I think we had everywhere from in the mid 50's down to in the 20's. We had some women who were married with kids, and some who weren't.

The only real requirement was to be female and at least over 18. Oh, and to love Disney of course! :thumbsup2

I was thinking of making it a few days long. Maybe starting it on a Thursday and coming home on a Monday. That's about how we did it before, BUT we had some stay longer and some who couldn't quite stay the whole time, so if those exact days didn't work for someone, they could come in whenever works for them.

Also by making it a few months away, it gives people time to make arrangements with time off work, child care, school, etc. As well as save up some money and get to know each other before hand by chatting online.

I made some great friends last time. We still keep in touch to this day. :)

I'm in. I'd love a couple of days at Disney w/o dh and the kids. DH goes because he knows how much the kids and I love to go. And with 3 kids, we're not stop moving, I'd love to go at an nice pace and get to relax as well.

steph

Terrific. I'd probably drive up on Friday and leave at some point Sunday evening. Or I might end up just spending one day and driving home. I only live about 45 min from Disneyland, so it would be cheaper for me to just spend the day. I'm a broke college student, so I'd have to figure out how it would fit into my budget. I'd absolutely love to go though.

I'm in. I'd love a couple of days at Disney w/o dh and the kids. DH goes because he knows how much the kids and I love to go. And with 3 kids, we're not stop moving, I'd love to go at an nice pace and get to relax as well.

steph
Hi Steph! Cool. I love going to Disney with my family, don't get me wrong.

But it's a totally different experience going with a group of other ladies. A much more leisurely pace and like I said, you can shop and maybe get in a nice relaxing meal at a place like the Blue Bayou and not worry about your kids. Actually enjoy your meal for once! LOL

Terrific. I'd probably drive up on Friday and leave at some point Sunday evening. Or I might end up just spending one day and driving home. I only live about 45 min from Disneyland, so it would be cheaper for me to just spend the day. I'm a broke college student, so I'd have to figure out how it would fit into my budget. I'd absolutely love to go though.
Well, the nice thing is you'd have plenty of time to save and make it work with your schedule.

I'm hoping we'll get lots of interest. When we went to WDW we had over 40 ladies attend! Now I know it won't be anywhere near that since Disneyland doesn't seem to attract as many, at least not DISers. But I'd love to get maybe a dozen or so to go.

Once we get more interested, we can pin point some exact dates. I started with end of April or beginning of May because I didn't want to get mixed up with the Spring Break crowds, and yet not get into the summer heat/crowds either. Hopefully somewhere in there will be between the two. (fingers crossed)

OMG!!! Count me in! Disneyland without the kids....:cloud9: :lmao: Whenever is good with me!:woohoo: I post over on the community board, on the Untitled Disneyland thread... We are a bunch of moms who love Disneyland, and have been talking about doing a Ladies only trip! you should come on over and say hi!

OMG!!! Count me in! Disneyland without the kids....:cloud9: :lmao: Whenever is good with me!:woohoo: I post over on the community board, on the Untitled Disneyland thread... We are a bunch of moms who love Disneyland, and have been talking about doing a Ladies only trip! you should come on over and say hi!
Hi there!! I've seen your thread. I think we had some visitors from there once on the Blue Goose thread. lol

Moms who love Disneyland sound good to me!! :banana:
Time to stop talking about it and do it!! Send some of them over here. :thumbsup2 Let's make it happen. :yay:

I live 32 minutes from the land and would love to meet up for an evening or two! Count me in.

Beth,
I live in Vegas too!
I am 50, and have teenagers. I'll be happy to come! I work as a teacher so I am off when the kids are, and have AP's!

I live 32 minutes from the land and would love to meet up for an evening or two! Count me in.
Great!!! :banana: But you know you wanna come for more then just the evenings..... :rolleyes1 ;)

Beth,
I live in Vegas too!
I am 50, and have teenagers. I'll be happy to come! I work as a teacher so I am off when the kids are, and have AP's!
Hi there! If you have teens then you definitely need a break. :rotfl:

Well you know I would LOVE to do it!!!!! And I'd love to bring a few extras as well....let's see if we can get it planned at a good time for everyone! I think this would be loads of fun!!

Well you know I would LOVE to do it!!!!! And I'd love to bring a few extras as well....let's see if we can get it planned at a good time for everyone! I think this would be loads of fun!!
Hey, how are you?! How was your trip?

I definitely want to make this happen. I know it would be a blast and who knows, maybe even become an annual thing. :thumbsup2

I just took staley7580's advice and posted a link to this thread over on their DL Chat thread on the CB so maybe we'll get more ladies interested. I'm hoping anyways.

I know from past experience with the first ladies only trip to WDW that it's almost impossible to pick dates that are perfect for everyone. Unfortunately. :guilty: BUT we can certainly do our best, and with it being so far out, I hope it gives everyone time to make any arrangements with work, family, school, etc.

Also I know some have APs, myself included, and at that time (April/May) we'll have to take into consideration the blackout dates. I read that annual passholders can buy one day passes at a discounted rate on days that are blacked out for them. I wouldn't mind doing that if I had to on one or two of the days.

My AP is the Deluxe so it's not too limited, but I know that the SoCal AP had more blackout dates so we'll have to check both calenders. I think it will work out though!! :yay:

I just want to see if we get more interested!! Come on ladies! You know you wanna come and have a great time. :banana:

Another thing I wanted to point out if some of you are concerned about the cost. We don't have to stay at the Disney hotels. We can, but we don't HAVE to. There are so many other nice options close by, within walking distance. It's not like in WDW which makes it easier.

Also there is the possibility of having roommates. We did that for FL and it worked out great. My roomie was someone I met on the boards, we were just chatting and seemed to click. That helped cut down on the cost, and she is now someone I consider to be a good friend, so it's a great way to meet new people!!

Don't be shy! Follow the advice of the Nike commercial, and "Just Do It"!! :yay: :rotfl:

Hey Nancy! Aw darn, that's too bad. But I suppose a cruise will be fun too. ;)

Hey I noticed you'll be in Vegas before too long! That's where I'm at now. We moved over the summer.

Well, if you do another, it might be possible.

Hey, you should meet up with us. We'll be in Las Vegas Jan. 13-16.

Hello! I am one of the Hyenas on the "untitled Disneyland thread".
A group of hyenas met up last year and we had a great time (despite grumpy husbands and the demands of children along for the trip)!! :laughing:

I'm a mom to 11 and 14 yr old boys, and have a grumpy hubby in his first year of teaching middle school (can we say 'stressed out'???). Moved over the summer from MN to California (about 45 minute drive to DL) for hubby to teach.
All of my family has APs, which we use to the max possible with busy teaching schedules. We try to go to DL every Sunday, hubby calls it "our church" ;) .

Count me in for a ladies trip! May might be a better month, fewer block out days for the SoCal APs and the Deluxe.

And yep, I'm one of the ones that decided to be "friendly" to the neighbors on the Blue goose thread.:lmao:

Well, if you do another, it might be possible.

Hey, you should meet up with us. We'll be in Las Vegas Jan. 13-16.

I'm hoping if this works out we can make it an annual thing. Especially with so many DISers living close to DL and having APs. :thumbsup2

I'd love to meet you while you are in Vegas! I'm always up for an excuse to get out and have a good time. :rotfl:

Hello! I am one of the Hyenas on the "untitled Disneyland thread".
A group of hyenas met up last year and we had a great time (despite grumpy husbands and the demands of children along for the trip)!! :laughing:

I'm a mom to 11 and 14 yr old boys, and have a grumpy hubby in his first year of teaching middle school (can we say 'stressed out'???). Moved over the summer from MN to California (about 45 minute drive to DL) for hubby to teach.
All of my family has APs, which we use to the max possible with busy teaching schedules. We try to go to DL every Sunday, hubby calls it "our church" ;) .

Count me in for a ladies trip! May might be a better month, fewer block out days for the SoCal APs and the Deluxe.

And yep, I'm one of the ones that decided to be "friendly" to the neighbors on the Blue goose thread.:lmao:
Hi there! I remember you. ;)

I was originally thinking May, but for me, as long as I know this far in advance I can make just about any dates work out. So for me, it's whatever works best for everyone else.

The only thing I don't want to do is summer after school's out. :scared1: :rotfl:

That's great you guys had a meet! I bet it was fun. But this time will be even better minus the grumpy husbands and demanding kids. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter