Girls trip?

Amandas4

A little Obsessed
My oldest daughter turns 8 in a little over a year. 8th birthdays are special in our family and we always try to do something special.
I really want to take her and her 4yr old sister to WDW for a special princess trip. My husband and older boys never want to do the princess things so we tend to skip them but my girls LOVE the princesses.
My question is: would you/have you done a trip with only a few children? If so, how did it go over with the ones left at home? My husband seems to be okay with the idea (although I'm not sure he is taking me seriously when I talk about it). I just don't want the boys to be totally devastated that they got left behind. They will be 10 and 12 if that makes a difference.

My daughter and I did a solo trip last summer for SWW. My son was only 3 at the time, so I don't think that he really "got" that we were gone, or that we went to Disney. So I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to only take some of the kids and not the others, but I do have an inherent sense of fairness, and I think I'd feel bad that the girls got an amazing Disney trip if the boys are doing nothing.

Have you thought about everyone going, but having the boys and girls break off into separate groups? So the boys do what they want to do, and the girls go on a princess binge? You can meet up periodically, and everyone is on vacation together, but the girls will be able to OD on princesses that way without dragging the boys to everything. Alternatively, maybe dad can plan a "boys trip" to somewhere else while you're at Disney?

If it makes a difference, the boys have been to Disneyland twice without the girls. It would be nice to all go but the cost of a trip for 6 is way different than for a trip for 3 especially since my oldest is considered an adult.

We brought just our girls in February. That being said it might be a little different because our boys were only 2 and 4, they don't quite *get* Disney World so we played up the fact that they would get sleepovers with their cousins and grandma/grandpa and it was fine.
My husband wants to bring just the boys next but I do NOT think that would go over well with my Disney loving daughters, so I would say it probably depends on just how much they like Disney. I would play up the fact that it will be a princess focused trip.
I do hope to go one on one with my kids at some point in time, but I figure that won't be so bad because I will tell them they will each get their own trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter