Girls Weekend Ideas

Kelly loves Food

Mouseketeer
So...I just got back a week ago, and am now planning a girls weekend in May with 3 friends!

What are some places you like to go with a group of adults? Never been without the kiddos and would like to take advantage of an adults only trip!

My mom and I had an adult trip in February. We did afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian, which was really enjoyable. We also enjoyed Spice Road Table at Epcot, and got a reservation so we were able to watch Illuminations from the patio. We also splurged on the Wishes Dessert Party (now HEA), which was nice. I seriously contemplated doing the Star Wars one too, but my mom isn't a huge Star Wars fan like I am.

My husband and I when we went a few years ago enjoyed grabbing an adult beverage and people watching in a shady spot, especially at WS.

Spice Road Table for tapas and sangria
California Grill is AWESOME for a girl's trip - you can share a bunch of the really great menu items and then watch fireworks ... my BFFs and I always a chance to get dressed up for a night out at Disney and this is the perfect place!
I also like the Luau for a group - we're doing that to kick off Marathon Weekend in January

So...I just got back a week ago, and am now planning a girls weekend in May with 3 friends!

What are some places you like to go with a group of adults? Never been without the kiddos and would like to take advantage of an adults only trip!
In no particular order::cheer2:

-- Your 'avatar' shows a picture with Gaston. I think Tarzan & Mr. Incredible photos would be appropriate additions.....:love1:
Buzz or Woody if you want to be 'inappropriate'.:rolleyes1
-- There are 'bar scenes' at both BlueZoo & Il Mulino @ Swan & Dolphin.:drinking: Great cocktails & food, live music too.:charac2:

-- Trader Sam's is over-the-top cocktail options with different glassware to meet the mood of your drink. :drinking1

-- STK in Disney Springs has a DJ at some point during the evening.:music:

-- Spa-time at one of the Resorts.....:flower1:.......followed by.....

-- Afternoon tea is certainly 'girly'.:bride: Victoria & Albert is simply magical :wizard: (and pricey::yes::).

-- You could always go on one of the 'unique' Disney excursions, like walking over the crocodiles in Animal Kingdom, ride up in the ballon in Disney Springs, etc .:scared1:

-- Sample each and every ice cream location in Disney Springs....and potentially add....:wishsize1

pixiedust:

Last edited:
We love our adult time at Disney World, but I have never been with just girls - man, would that be fun! If I got to take my girlfriends, these are the things I would do:
* I just loved Savor, Sip,and Sparkle - it is a special event in California Grill on Sunday nights where you get champagne, beer and wine, appetizers, desserts, and an exclusive deck for the fireworks.
* I would love to do either/both a Drink (and/or Snack) Around the World Showcase excursion and/or Monorail Drink-a-Thon (there are some really cute passports you can get online that are personalized and a fun way to keep track of drinks/snacks - PM me if you would like the website address).
* As previously noted, Jellyrolls, a dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk, is super fun!
* I think the water parks are super fun (especially Typhoon Lagoon).
* I also enjoyed tea with my sister and adult daughter.
* The Flower and Garden show at Epcot is really great - so much to see, and they have food and beverage booths.
* We really like the lounge outside of Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios! We also love the lounge in Tiffins in Animal Kingdom.

That is just off the top of my head....

Kimonos in the Swan has karaoke at night. After a day at the parks, or relaxing at the pool, some delicious Japanese food (and sake) and karaoke will always make for a fun girls night! Have a great trip!

PS--Il Mulino is also in the Swan and they have a great bar crowd as well!

Depending on how willing you are to splurge, treat yourselves to a spa treatment at the Senses Spa at either the Grand Floridian or at Saratoga Springs or the Mandara Spa at the Dolphin

Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom - great atmosphere, hand-crafted cocktails and appetizers
Morimoto's in Disney Springs has a good happy hour during the week at the bar and the tables in the lounge area
Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar in Disney Springs - great atmosphere and some good cocktails and bar snacks - either sit inside or at the outdoor themed bar area (exit through the door on your right after the indoor bar - don't just walk straight out of the door in the back as you will wind up at 'un-themed' tables) - they also have some happy hour specials during the week (although less interesting than Morimoto's)
Biergarten in Germany can be fun with a group
La Cava de Tequila in Mexico

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter