" give a day" vouchers for Christmas 2010?

Misty89

DIS Veteran
we were all set to drive and "give a day"- until we saw that the vouchers must be redeemed by Dec. 15th 2010 - we arrrive in California on Dec. 22nd 2010.
is this the way it works?
we cannot use our vouchers over Christmas 2010?
is there a way to redeem the vouchers before we arrive so we can get our tickets before we get to Disneyland ?

thank you

Tina

There are black out dates for the "Give A Day" promotion.

Walt Disney World® Resort: March 29 - April 8 and July 4, 2010
The Disneyland® Resort: February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, November 21, December 11-12, 2010.

The vouchers/certificates must be redeemed for tickets by December 15, 2010. The vouchers/certificates cannot be redeemed on a block-out date. The vouchers/certificates must be redeemed in person, and with a government-issued photo ID which matches the name on the certificate (or, for a child under age 18, with a certified copy of the birth certificate). The tickets are valid for use only on the date of issuance.

They all have to be redeemed by December 15, 2010, whether for Disneyland or WDW. So no, they can't be used on Christmas.

Isn't there a limit to how many "free day" tickets will be redeemed?

I am going to WDW in December, before the blackout date.
What if they meet their quota of free tickets before I get there?!

well, looks like you can earn the voucher at any time and then cash it in for a ticket when you go to the park, but eventually they will run out of vouchers. Once you have earned the voucher, you can redeem it whenever you want as long as it is not a blackout day or after December 15.

We plan to use GAD vouchers toward multi-day tickets. Do you think the resort can help us with this when we check in? Hope they don't send me to ticket booth at the park.

They are only giving out a million tickets. There is a one ticket limit per person not matter how many times you volunteer. You must use the ticket by 12/15/10. The person who's name on the ticket must be present and have either gov't issued id or copy of birth certificate (similar to the bday tickets in 09).

You can donate the ticket to three different organizations if you can't use it.

We plan to use GAD vouchers toward multi-day tickets. Do you think the resort can help us with this when we check in? Hope they don't send me to ticket booth at the park.
The certificates can only be redeemed at the "will-call" ticket windows at the Parks (or TTC). They cannot be processed at the Resorts.

It is not a limit to the number of tickets; it is a limit to the number of certificates/vouchers. I imagine that when the limit is reached Disney will do one of two things. Most likely the program will stop and the link to Hands On Network from the Disney site disabled. The other is that they will extend it. My thought is the program will stop.

So do you think we are cutting it too close????:confused3

So we can not turn them into tickets till we get there for our trip?

I assumed once we got the voucher we could use them as long as we did it by Dec 15th..No matter what????:sad1:

Hopefully as long as we get the voucher we can use them in December....

Michelle

I think what PPs are saying is that the number of vouchers they will be giving out is limited, not the number of vouchers that can be used. Once you actually have it in your hand, you can use it according to the terms, until 12/15.

The group I just signed up (today) with said there is generally a 2 week lag between when they confirm to Disney that you have volunteered, and when the vouchers are sent out, so plan accordingly.

I think what PPs are saying is that the number of vouchers they will be giving out is limited, not the number of vouchers that can be used. Once you actually have it in your hand, you can use it according to the terms, until 12/15.

The group I just signed up (today) with said there is generally a 2 week lag between when they confirm to Disney that you have volunteered, and when the vouchers are sent out, so plan accordingly.

Great! That is what I was thinking...Makes sense... I really wanted to save ours for our December trip. Very exciting!:yay:

FYI - this is exactly from the confirmation screen that came up when I signed up...

After you have volunteered, the HandsOn Network will notify Disney of the successful completion of your volunteer service, and Disney will contact you with information about how to receive your voucher to redeem for a free theme park ticket. Most can expect to receive verified confirmation via email from Disney within 2 weeks.

The certificates can only be redeemed at the "will-call" ticket windows at the Parks (or TTC). They cannot be processed at the Resorts.

Oh no, :faint: our flight arrives 9:30pm July 3. We're taking Magical Express. Any chance of us getting to TTC or any 'will call' window before they close? I have to trade in 5 vouchers for multi-day tickets on July 3 because the 4th is a black out date. I didn't find out about blackout until reading program rules few days ago. I would have booked an earlier flight if I had known about GAD blackout. Cheshire, thanks for your helpful answer. Hope there's something I can do to remedy our situation, that's $400 savings on tickets.

MK is open until 11:00 on July 3 and there are no parks with evening EMH that day. If your flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO at 9:30 that is scheduled Gate time. If it arrives on time, by the time you get off the plane and to the main terminal building and the Magic Express area it will be close to 10:00. ME would then take you to your Resort, where you would have to then go to MK. Definitely would not work.

Even if you took a taxicab directly from the Airport to the TTC I seriously doubt that you would be able to do it.

Your only hope at this point is that the airline makes a substantial change in the flight schedule which will allow you to get in at least an hour earlier.

I think your only real option is one the 5th onward to get a set of Fastpass Exchange Cards each day.

So let me make sure I get this right (are you going to add a post on your all about tickets thread?)

You have to use the ticket the day you exchange your voucher, it is only valid that day? But you can still upgrade that ticket fully? So I can use it, then go over and upgrade it? Does that have to be done exactly that day or is it just another ticket as far as the computer is concerned and can be upgraded within 14 days of use?

I was curious too as to whether I needed to upgrade it as I left the the park that day or if I could do so before entering the park the next day (when I would have no other form of pass other than the GADGAD ticket from the day before that I would want to upgrade to either a PH pass or an annual pass).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter