• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give me Wild Africa Trek tips

WE did this when DD was a CM (DCP) as the discount she got was fantastic. This may be one expensive tour that is worth it at full price! Comfortable shoes, loose, long comfy shirts/shorts are a must. The guides take tons of great pictures.
We had an encounter with a friendly young male giraffe. I think the guide said this particular guy was a bit too friendly for the savannah and would be moving to AKL savannah - he apparently like to come "visit" safari vehicles-i've got some great pictures of his face right near the camera lol.
Eating on the savannah is incredible. I didn't think the meal was too exotic but they are very good with food allergies-my DD is allergic to melon and bananas and her meal was prepared a bit differently.

One of my favorite things to do at Disney! If I remember correctly, you cannot take your phone if it cannot be clipped to your vest, but I could be wrong. I had a gopro that I could clip to the vest for photos, but the guides did a great job at getting photos. The only thing for May is it may be hot. I would recommend an early time slot before it gets uncomfortable. But, if you like heat then no worries. I Do remember one of the times we did it they gave us cooling towels at one point. This is an amazing way to see the hippos.

They provided a lanyard that allowed my phone to clip on - so don't worry if you don't have one. I wish I could remember our guides' names. They were both excellent and entertaining.

LOVED IT!!! Added bonus it started to drizzle during the early part of the tour so we all got free Mickey rain gear! Which we only needed for like 2 minutes, but hey I love free extras! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter