• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give me your best advice to save me from foot pain

Joycek007

Earning My Ears
The last time I was at Disneyland was in 2018 and the worst part about the trip was the pain my feet were in by the end of 3 days. I had blisters upon blisters and it was horrible. I have Birkenstocks that are usually my go-to but for the walking I plan to do at Disneyland, they start to get hot and the top rubs that part of my foot. I have some Crocs but they're not exactly comfortable. I have some Sketchers, that is what I wore last time and had an issue after while with the shoes rubbing on my ankles and on the top of my foot. Other than bringing Band-Aids, what do you use to ward off foot pain and blisters? Does anyone have a favorite shoe they could suggest? I'm not a tennis shoe person, they feel heavy and hot and I hate to wear socks.

No help here as I swear by Crocs, but I do add socks for added style (ha!). I used to be able to do Crocs without socks, but last December in WDW I had to add the socks because I was getting blisters on the top of my foot.
I had the same thing you described in WDW in 2009. I actually thought I would have to rent a scooter it was so bad. I had blisters between my toes and my feet looked like raw hamburger. My child's helpful comment was, "a normal person would stay at the pool for a day and rest", but I wasn't going to do that! I was at AK trying to get to the safari ride when I sat on a bench and almost started crying me feet hurt so much. I saw the Crocs and thought it was worth a try. By the time I got halfway to the safari my feet didn't hurt. They still looked like hell, but they didn't hurt!

There are different kinds of Crocs, my mom wears the ones without holes with arch supports added. I got some that are mesh on top that feel different then the traditional ones but are still comfy.

I know people love Keens, but I have narrow feet and they are awful. They are what I was wearing. I threw those jerks right in the trash after I bought the Crocs.

I would recommend decent running/walking shoes. Many swear by Hokas, but they just don't work well for my feet. I can't wear Crocs because the plastic texture seems like it would be weird for me to walk around in. Asics, Under Armour, or Brooks are my favorite but it is totally dependent on how you walk, your foot structure, etc. It's really important to find a good shoe that works for you and break it in well before your trip.

I also recommend alternating between shoes daily, if not switching when you take a break at the hotel. I can't wear sandals in the parks, sometimes I will be brave and wear Chacos but I mostly have an irrational fear of someone stepping on my toes and hurting my toenails (it's a thing - anything involving nails or eyes getting injured freaks me out so bad...I had to look away many a times when watching the new Equalizer movie lol).

I've looked into this alot lol. My feet get terribly unhappy with all the walking, but all of these things helped SO much. No blisters at all the last 2 trips.

Hokas or other supportive shoes
Ice and/or elevate your feet during your mid day break
Change your socks and shoes during mid day break
Bring sandals to wear in your hotel room to give your feet a break from your sneakers
Get some Bombas socks or other "blister socks"

Bring these and use as needed. They saved my trip one year:
https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Frederick...ds=blister+bandage&qid=1694394731&sr=8-5&th=1

Bring these or something similar to massage your feet at the end of the day or during your break. I keep one in my backpack and use at the parks if needed:
https://www.amazon.com/Fasciitis-Re...1694395002&sprefix=foot+rolle,aps,188&sr=8-23

Something like these in case you get blisters between your toes:
https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Prot...5151&sprefix=blister+toe,aps,228&sr=8-25&th=1

No help here as I swear by Crocs, but I do add socks for added style (ha!). I used to be able to do Crocs without socks, but last December in WDW I had to add the socks because I was getting blisters on the top of my foot.
I had the same thing you described in WDW in 2009. I actually thought I would have to rent a scooter it was so bad. I had blisters between my toes and my feet looked like raw hamburger. My child's helpful comment was, "a normal person would stay at the pool for a day and rest", but I wasn't going to do that! I was at AK trying to get to the safari ride when I sat on a bench and almost started crying me feet hurt so much. I saw the Crocs and thought it was worth a try. By the time I got halfway to the safari my feet didn't hurt. They still looked like hell, but they didn't hurt!

There are different kinds of Crocs, my mom wears the ones without holes with arch supports added. I got some that are mesh on top that feel different then the traditional ones but are still comfy.

I know people love Keens, but I have narrow feet and they are awful. They are what I was wearing. I threw those jerks right in the trash after I bought the Crocs.
I think I'll bring Crocs. And maybe even sock. 😁

Blister blockers by Johnson and Johnson are much better than bandaids. Start using them before you get blisters. Put them where you normally get them. Also exfoliate your feet before you go to Disney. It helps eliminate rubbing. Where moisture wicking, cushioned, arch support socks. Amazon has a lot of them.
I'm going to look for that blister blocker!

I've looked into this alot lol. My feet get terribly unhappy with all the walking, but all of these things helped SO much. No blisters at all the last 2 trips.

Hokas or other supportive shoes
Ice and/or elevate your feet during your mid day break
Change your socks and shoes during mid day break
Bring sandals to wear in your hotel room to give your feet a break from your sneakers
Get some Bombas socks or other "blister socks"

Bring these and use as needed. They saved my trip one year:
https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Fredericks-Original-Blister-Bandages/dp/B07LCRX2M7/ref=sr_1_5_pp?keywords=blister+bandage&qid=1694394731&sr=8-5&th=1

Bring these or something similar to massage your feet at the end of the day or during your break. I keep one in my backpack and use at the parks if needed:
https://www.amazon.com/Fasciitis-Reflexology-Massager-Acupresssure-Recovery/dp/B074XPWMQN/ref=sr_1_23?crid=2DDPPV26G24KU&keywords=foot+roller&qid=1694395002&sprefix=foot+rolle,aps,188&sr=8-23

Something like these in case you get blisters between your toes:
https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Protectors-Cushions-Blisters-Calluses/dp/B07RYM87HS/ref=sr_1_25?crid=27U72KM8PQDJ3&keywords=blister+toes&qid=1694395151&sprefix=blister+toe,aps,228&sr=8-25&th=1
Great advice, thank you! Added those to my cart!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter