Gktw???

AmazingGrace??? Just wanted to see how your trip was. Did your son have the time of his life or what? Can't wait to hear all about it. Anything special happen? How was GKTW?? :wave2:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

AmazingGrace, I also was wondering about your trip. I'm eagar to hear how it went (must've been fabulous for sure! :)) and all the details because I, too, am about to leave on my trip!

Hope you have some great memories to share! :teeth:

Hey all,

The question I had is about Fantasmic for wish families/children on their special trips: Well, those dinner packages for this show cost so much more than the normal meals you would have there, so we definitely can't afford them.

But has anyone here been to Fantasmic on their wish trips or know of how the procedure works?

I've heard that you have to wait 2 or MORE hours :eek: to get in, normally. HOWEVER, if it's a wish child and their family with a special Wish GAC, do you know if we can come there an hour (or less) before and still get in? Would we still get good seating? If so, what time should we be there?

Would anyone know? If you can help, that would be great... only 12 more days to go!! :hyper: *lol*

~Angel~

Angelstar...I was wondering the same thing...Hope someone is able to let us know. I was thinking of calling WDW and asking...but I'm not sure if anyone there would know...I think it really depends on who you ask..and who you talk to. :sunny:

Only 12 more days to go.:earseek: ..I bet your getting excited. (like you haven't been for months...lol) I saw your post on the DCL board...about the stateroom...did you ever find anything out about the sleeping arrangements. When you booked did they ask if you would need a special room? I just ask because they asked us if we would need a handicap/equipted room....I saw someone made a good point about having the one big bed split into two twins...then everyone would have their own bed.

It takes about 15 to 20 minutes on a good day to get from GKTW to WDW. The traffic on 192 an be an issue at times, so you'd want to allow extra time.

Originally posted by AngelStar
Hey all,

The question I had is about Fantasmic for wish families/children on their special trips: Well, those dinner packages for this show cost so much more than the normal meals you would have there, so we definitely can't afford them.

But has anyone here been to Fantasmic on their wish trips or know of how the procedure works?

I've heard that you have to wait 2 or MORE hours :eek: to get in, normally. HOWEVER, if it's a wish child and their family with a special Wish GAC, do you know if we can come there an hour (or less) before and still get in? Would we still get good seating? If so, what time should we be there?

Would anyone know? If you can help, that would be great... only 12 more days to go!! :hyper: *lol*

~Angel~
We've been to Fantasmic many times, sometimes just DH and I. Sometimes, with DD who has used a GAC.
The last time DH and I went was in July. We walked in one hour before and got very good seats - middle of the theater in the 3rd row from the front, on an aisle.
People do say they waited 2 hours, but that's sort of misleading. On nights when there is only one show, they normally start letting people into the outdoor auditorium for seating 2 hours before the show begins. On nights when there is more than one show, they seat the first show ahead of time, but the people for the second show may have to stand in line while the show is going on and the auditorium empties out. Once you are in the theater, it takes only a few minutes to get seats. Once you have your seats, some of your party can stay seated to keep the seats. There are bathrooms, snack bars and CMs selling pop, popcorn and cotton candy walking around. There is music playing and people are normally in a pretty good mood. Some play games/cards. Some just talk, but the time goes pretty quickly. We were concerned the first time we went to Fantasmic about how the wait would be with DD (who uses a wheelchair, has ADD and other disabililties). She did just fine. Last time our whole family went was in March and in addition to my DDs, DH and I, we also had nephew with ADD, neice and FIL and MIL. No one complained about the wait; there's pretty much to see and do while you are waiting.
The seating for people with wheelchairs/ecvs/special needs is the back 2 rows. The latest we ever got there with DD using a GAC was 15 minutes before the show began. We got seats just to the right of the center. Actually, we thought we were too late, but decided to try and see (the worst that could happen is the wheelchair seats would be full).
Sometimes, they have more or less people with special needs attending, so I'd recommend getting there an hour ahead of time, but I wouldn't worry about the wait too much.

just bumping this back to the front for any new people who might find info in this thread useful!

I know I did!!:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter