Glade Plugins - how do these work?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Just picked up a Glade Plugins Extra Outlet tropical mist. How do these work? Im assuming there are outlets in each of the split bath? Do these really help in the toilet room? Has anyone used these before? I thought I read on someone's trip report that they did and the smell reminds them of the cruise.

No, there are NOT traditional outlets in the bathroom, only an outlet for a shaver. The only outlets are at the desk. I wouldn't bother bringing the Glad plug-ins along....one less thing to pack. :)

I agree with Michelle....there is really no need for the plug-ins since the desk area is where the plug is. It is pretty far from the bathroom so it won't help those odors at all.

MJ

If you really wanted to take some aromatherapy type stuff, you could always take one of the solid/gel things. They smell great and are in a little jar that can sit on the bedside table. If you're worried about a smelly bathroom (quit laughing :p ) you could always take a small air freshener (Lysol has a small, trial type size).

Have fun!

I was considering the same thing, tried a Glade Plug-in, I think the one I bought was Hawaiian Breeze... Anyhow, boy, even on the low setting, that thing would put me out of my house!! Seemed much too strong for a small ship cabin.

Also, for anybody who may be the least bit sensitive.... This really got to me! Had to take the thing out of the house so I could breathe!

Maybe I will try one of the non-plug in kind you just place where odors may be? Hhhhmmmmm?

You should consider bringing a small can of Glade spray air freshener in your carry on if you are sensitive to some of the bathroom smells...I remember on one of our cruises that there was an unpleasant odor in the bathroom eminating from the toilet at all times...

Wellll...., I'd bring the plug-in, don't know if it was our location, mid-deck six, but the toilet was pretty stinky the first day, due to the flushing of the system in port, thought I would not be able to stand the toilet for the rest of the cruise. The water out of the faucet was pretty rusty at first, but fine later. The smell in the toilet also was gone within a day. But, if you are like us: generate a lot of dirty, stinky laundry, including wet suits, beach sand and snorkel gear that starts to ferment, Tevas that reek, etc., then, bring the plug-in. We had seven people, two connecting rooms. One room had a great rose vase supplied by Shirley and her wonderful helpers at The Perfect Gift, our room did not, and trust me, the roses REALLY helped in that room. Our room was, well, pretty ripe by the end.

We used the Glade Duet. It is a solid/gel thing (non plug in). It also has a small spray can inside it that sprays out the scent if you press down on the top. It comes in different scents. We just left it sitting on the bathroom counter and it did really freshen up the whole cabin - kept it from smelling closed in or musty. Then when needed in the bathroom we just spritzed a little spray. Worked out great!

:p MY VOTE IS FOR THE DUET. WE USED IT ON OUR LAST CRUISE AND IT REALLY HELPED WITH DH AND DS. IT WAS HANDY AND WAS EASY TO TAKE ON THE PLANE WITH IT NOT BEING IN AN AERASOL CAN. WILL DEFINATELY TAKE ON OUR NEXT CRUISE.:smooth:

Has anyone tried using the Yankee Candle Car Jars (the cardboard hanging air fresheners) for the bathrooms/cabins? I purchased a few of these last week specifically for the cruise, but now I'm thinking the duet type would be a better idea.

Any thoughts?

I was not pleased when I bought the car jars. I had two in my car once and to be Yankee Candle they did not last long at all. I don't buy them anymore.

Here's another vote for the Glade Duet! Just a little spritz when needed and it worked out great. I think we got a tropical/rain scent that smelled nice.

I also brought a little travel candle set from Partylite Candles for the room. Nice scented tealights and clamshell holder. Great for those nights when dd was in the club ;)

I would suggest that you go to your local "Bath and Body Works" and purchase one of their many small aerasol sprays...they are very small (3 inches tall maybe), but VERY concentrated, and there are a ton of wonderful scents to choose from!!! We did this for our last cruise and it worked wonderfully...you don't need to lug a large can with you, it will very easily fit in your toiletry kit. We are going to WDW next week, and I've got a new spray already to go to take with us there!!

I looked for the Glade Duet in our Shop Rite today and could not find it. I will try another supermarket chain.

MJ

Here's another vote for travel candles. Not only do they smell nice but they can be very romantic.;)

Just don't want to get caught with candles!

Seems there was a recent thread where everyone said
NO! NO! NO!

Isn't it strictly against fire code and DCL policy.

Candles (open flames) are not allowed in the staterooms. It would be a fire hazard if the candle were to move due to ship's motion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter