Gluten free on Galactic Starcruiser? And a couple other food related questions

Melissa R

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone who is medically gluten free has cruised the Galactic Starcruiser yet. I have a September trip booked and have Celiac Disease. I know Disney will take care of me, I just wonder if anyone has any info for me on how it worked and how the GF experience was.

Also I haven’t seen any mention of room service, so I’m assuming there isn’t any. Are there snacks available at times other than mealtimes? Because I have a restricted diet, I tend to worry a bit about being hungry. Are there any rules about bringing our own food in for the room?

Thanks!

I was on the Starcruiser a couple weeks ago. I was worried about being hungry due to my restrictions too, but had no issues. I’m not gluten free, so I can’t comment on that, but they were very helpful with my restrictions. You can bring your own food, but unfortunately no room service. For snacks Sublight Lounge has small plates; I think those were available after 4pm. Also, at the concierge desk they had snacks out when it wasn’t meal times. The cast members were also very helpful finding anything we asked about.

Hope you have a great trip!

They are VERY accommodating for those with restricted diets and the team went out of their way to help us when we were onboard.

Just wondering if anyone who is medically gluten free has cruised the Galactic Starcruiser yet. I have a September trip booked and have Celiac Disease. I know Disney will take care of me, I just wonder if anyone has any info for me on how it worked and how the GF experience was.

Also I haven’t seen any mention of room service, so I’m assuming there isn’t any. Are there snacks available at times other than mealtimes? Because I have a restricted diet, I tend to worry a bit about being hungry. Are there any rules about bringing our own food in for the room?

Thanks!
My daughter has other allergies, but they did a great job. I emailed special diets and filled out the dietary form separate for the starcruiser from our other reservations at our 30 day window for emailing that team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter