• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gluten-Free: Requesting Help with our ADRs!

Elevationist

Princess No-Pants
Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

On my WDW next trip, I will be traveling for the first time with somebody who is gluten-intolerant. As I'm the planner in the group, I'd like to get an idea of what sort of Gluten-Free options will be available for her at the ADRs we have chosen. (Side note: She's also severely allergic to mushrooms.) If anybody can give me their personal experience/photos with any of these, or link me somebody elses, that would be truly helpful!

No alternate suggestions, please. These are our final choices.

TIA! :goodvibes

Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner
Ohana - Dinner
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast
Coral Reef - Dinner
Be Our Guest - Dinner
Tutto Italia - Dinner
Boma - Breakfast

Did you look at the GF Menus thread (currently) directly below this one? There's some general advice, as well as how to find a gluten-free-at-Disney blog.

1) All TS eateries have a decent choice of GF items.
. . . WDW is normally pretty good with GF at sitdown eateries
. . . the chef will come out and give the GF person the choices
. . . usually the choices are adequate, but sometimes the GF person is not satisfied
2) All QS eateries have GF selections, but not many.
. . . usually the GF person is not too pleased with the choices

NOTE: It is a shame that you are not accepting alternate suggestions, There are
better places to eat for GF, and allergy, dining.

Did you look at the GF Menus thread (currently) directly below this one? There's some general advice, as well as how to find a gluten-free-at-Disney blog.
I did look at that thread, but apparently I missed the bit about the blog! I'll so some googling. Shame nobody linked to it! :goodvibes

1) All TS eateries have a decent choice of GF items.
. . . WDW is normally pretty good with GF at sitdown eateries
. . . the chef will come out and give the GF person the choices
. . . usually the choices are adequate, but sometimes the GF person is not satisfied
2) All QS eateries have GF selections, but not many.
. . . usually the GF person is not too pleased with the choices

NOTE: It is a shame that you are not accepting alternate suggestions, There are better places to eat for GF, and allergy, dining.
See, I'm aware of HOW it works, but I'm curious about the options. Example: Is there a gluten-free alternative to the noodles served with dinner at Ohana? If so, what? So on and so forth. Personal experiences or reviews from the listed meals, rather than general knowledge. And yes, we are set on these restaurants, and quite happy with our choices. I am just curious to see what the GF options for her would be at those. :)

Email WDW Guest Services Special Diets at special.diets@disneyworld.com

Tell them you need the gluten free alternatives available and they will send you a list with the brands they use. This can/does change so you always need to be sure to double check once you are there.

Hi there!
I recently ate GF (and dairy and soy free!) at WDW and it was magical! Everyone was very accommodating and exceeded my expectations by FAR. I have eaten at Chef Mickey breakfast and Be our Guest dinner, so I can comment on those.

For the CM buffet, the chef took me to each station and told me what I could and couldn't eat. Besides a table full of pastries that were untouchable, there were MANY options (even with my multiple food allergies.) The chef also made me special allergy free Mickey Waffles (which were better than the regular ones says my husband!) They were pretty amazing, Namaste brand mix.

Be Our guest also had a lot of great options that the chef told me about (actually, all the entrees were fair game except for the lamb). The chef even took the extra step and when we ordered the charcuterie platter, my husband and I, she put all the pieces I could eat on a separate plate so there would be no confusion :) Desserts there are limited (mostly cupcakes), but they do have a gluten free cream puff. Since I don't eat dairy they actually even had a sorbet!

The long and the short, if you are just gluten free, there are many options! :)

Cinderella's Royal Table - Dinner - We haven't dined here.
Ohana - Dinner - This was a family favorite! Photos here (search the page for Ohana and you'll see the yummy gluten free food we ate). So, the wings we skipped, but the main dish they made for us with rice and the dessert was delicious brownies and ice cream!
Chef Mickey's - Breakfast - haven't tried it, but all the breakfast places we have tried, on property, have been great!
Coral Reef - Dinner - We have dined here twice, and loved it both times. Photos here (search Coral) . They brought us gluten free rolls upon request, and I ask for olive oil to dip mine in. We could still eat most items on the menu, so we had plenty of choices.
Be Our Guest - Dinner - Family favorite of our most recent trip. Loved the gluten free french onion soup, the roast dish was unbeatable with potatoes and veggies. The gluten free cream puff was not a hit at our table, but they have sorbet, too. Great choices! Photos here .
Tutto Italia - Dinner - have not tried
Boma - Breakfast - good every time :) Plenty of options (they can make waffles and such) Photos of Boma on this page, too.

There is an app called "Gluten Free Disney Dining". I HIGHLY recommend it! I used it last summer when I was in WDW and it was wonderful. It lists every CS and TS restaurant in WDW, and what they offer that is Gluten Free. I used it to plan my meals in advance. When I was in WDW and was hungry, I would use it to look up restaurants around me and decide where I wanted to eat.

Disney is amazing when it comes to allergies. You should have no problem at all finding lots of safe foods to eat. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter