Gluten Free Versions

Always Planning

Earning My Ears
I see pictures all over social media of the awesome WDW snacks (character cupcakes, “monstrous” milkshakes, loaded fries, huge donuts, etc......). I’m gluten free, and was wondering if people have ever had luck finding gluten free versions of any of the heartier treats on property.

I have celiac and I have not, but I definitely do not feel deprived - there are tons of naturally gluten free treats at Disney - caramel corn, rice krispie treats, ice cream of every flavor and type, shaved ice, etc etc etc. I'm unaware of any gluten free "replacements" other than Erin McKenna's in Disney Springs (which I don't go out of my way to go to - I have better GF bakery options at home) but I'd be happy to learn I've been missing something.

No. They don't do the specialty cupcakes in a gluten-free version. If you're at Disney Springs, Sprinkles usually has a gf cupcake. There is Erin McKenna, but I find her stuff pretty gross - dry and not all that tasty.

I was so hopeful that the new thing at the Outpost - the No Worries Panna Cotta - would be an amazing new treat, but they had to go and put it on a cookie base. :(

That said, Popcorn, Dole Whips and Mickey Bars are gluten-free. So I make the most of those.

You can get so much GF. Mickey waffles at, I think, every location with waffles. Churros at Nomad. Beignets. Beyond these, you can do Tastes Like Chicken Because it Is and falafel at Skipper Canteen in MK. AK, most of the menu at Yak and Yeti is GF, and basically anything at Flame Tree can be. Fries are because they have dedicated fryers at all locations (just make sure you specify GF). Epcot you're safe in Mexico, Italy has rice pasta that you can sub, UK has GF fish and chips and sometimes has a GF potpie (I know, sounds so good when it's 100 degrees out), Morocco is really safe - Marrakesh is always accommodating. In Springs, you can do Erin McKenna's, Maria and Enzo's/Enzo's Hideaway restaurants as they have rice/non-gluten pasta, so does Terralina. Raglan Road has an excellent GF risotto, and does GF onion rings if I'm not mistaken, Blaze Pizza has a couple GF crust options. One of the Disney news sites just reported, too, a new line of "lifestyle" treats that are sold in the merchandise locations that are different allergen safe. Obviously these aren't as exciting as the things in the case, but it's something if you're feeling a cookie instead of ice cream or Dole Whip.

Sprinkles usually has a gf cupcake. There is Erin McKenna, but I find her stuff pretty gross - dry and not all that tasty.
How is the gf cupcake at Sprinkles? I've passed it so many times and never gone in because I didn't think I could eat anything there! We're going again at the end of the month and I will definitely check it out!
And.... you know I've posted this before.... I also can't stand Erin McKenna's baked goods! Something about the bean flour, or the fact that she doesn't use any dairy or sugar (?) and you can definitely taste it. I had to give up gluten, but I'm NOT giving up dairy or sugar! LOL!

I'm excited for another F&W and the gluten free offerings at the booths!

How is the gf cupcake at Sprinkles? I've passed it so many times and never gone in because I didn't think I could eat anything there! We're going again at the end of the month and I will definitely check it out!
And.... you know I've posted this before.... I also can't stand Erin McKenna's baked goods! Something about the bean flour, or the fact that she doesn't use any dairy or sugar (?) and you can definitely taste it. I had to give up gluten, but I'm NOT giving up dairy or sugar! LOL!

I'm excited for another F&W and the gluten free offerings at the booths!

I have honestly never had Sprinkles. The only time I am near the one in NYC is right before or after my dentist. Otherwise it is a big schlep. Lol.

My trip is in a few weeks, I am gluten free. I also am looking to see what I can get for a less sweet snack - like some kind of fries/nachos at the parks (especially MK) for a DDP snack credit. Anyone have suggestions or successes?

Not sweet treats, but you can get gf fried chicken at 50s Prime Time an gf fish and chips at Raglan Road! And I have read about gf loaded tots at Woody's Lunch Box in HS.

My trip is in a few weeks, I am gluten free. I also am looking to see what I can get for a less sweet snack - like some kind of fries/nachos at the parks (especially MK) for a DDP snack credit. Anyone have suggestions or successes?
Yes!! Get the pulled pork cheese fries at Flame Tree in AK. It's a snack credit, but the amount of food you get is basically a meal.

Thanks- these are the types of things I am looking for on my snack credits!
I'll keep thinking of more... honestly I've never had too much luck in MK with GF salty snacks. Or, truthfully, with decent GF options outside of Skipper Canteen. A lot of it's just bleh. The only things I can think of are turkey legs and the nachos at Pecos Bill? But in those cases, be sure you know where the nice bathrooms are ;)

Not sweet treats, but you can get gf fried chicken at 50s Prime Time an gf fish and chips at Raglan Road! And I have read about gf loaded tots at Woody's Lunch Box in HS.
Raglan Road also has a side of onion rings in place of the chips. They are soooo good my gluten-eating family tries to steal them! We eat here at least once each trip and I already have my ADR for September.

Raglan Road will send you the recipe as well! I don't remember how I requested it, but I think it was on their website and I filled out a form. It's been a few years! Our waiter told us to contact them and they will share the recipe, and I'm glad to say they did! I've also requested recipes from Sanaa for the gluten free naan and red chile sambal, which they provided and the recipe for the gluten free beignets at POFQ.

Food and Wine starts in a few weeks, will you be there for that? There are several gf options at the booths that are a snack credit.
I'll keep thinking of more... honestly I've never had too much luck in MK with GF salty snacks. Or, truthfully, with decent GF options outside of Skipper Canteen. A lot of it's just bleh. The only things I can think of are turkey legs and the nachos at Pecos Bill? But in those cases, be sure you know where the nice bathrooms are ;)

I don't have much luck eating snacks and/or a meal in MK either...Or HS. The best parks for gf eating, IMO are AK and Epcot.

I don't have much luck eating snacks and/or a meal in MK either...Or HS. The best parks for gf eating, IMO are AK and Epcot.

Yup, DFi and I pretty much only do ADRs in Epcot for this reason. Skipper Canteen being the exception. HS is a wasteland in general for GF. I'm really disappointed that SWGE has literally no options, other than what is basically grilled chicken on lettuce. Not very Star Wars-y IMHO. They could have easily found non-gluten bread for the Ronto Wraps.

I will be at Epcot for food and wine and I have my gf snacks all planned out. On my MK day I have breakfast at BOG and dinner at Kone. I am hoping to have Savory snack somewhere in MK in between. Looks like mostly sweets there (which I love) but want something a bit heartier! Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter