• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Go Ahead....Use a Snack Credit for Water and Stand Tall! :)

I hear you.. but I had trained DH so well before the snack credits doubled that he not only paid OOP for water but also DD15s cotton candy. It hurt even worse when we left without using 17 snack credits cause we wanted to get to airport and DH didn't want to stop in Epcot for candy to take home. We should've used them for lots of water :(
:( I feel your pain!

It may be starting the obvious; but, isn’t the moral of the story that if you don’t get the DDP you will save a ton of money and don’t have to worry about “wasting” snack credits on water or having too many credits you don’t use at the end of your vacation?

It may be starting the obvious; but, isn’t the moral of the story that if you don’t get the DDP you will save a ton of money and don’t have to worry about “wasting” snack credits on water or having too many credits you don’t use at the end of your vacation?
It could be depending on your food habits at Disney but in our case we always travel during free dining so don't pay for the Dining Plan.

I have run all the number with room discounts and other offers and hands down Free Dining is the least expensive way for our family to visit Disney as we stay in Value Resorts. So, we have snack credits to use.

Not necessarily. Many people are doing free dining this time of year. As an example, I could have got a whopping $30 a night off my stay at Pop if I opted for a room discount. But instead I chose free dining for my family of four Disney adults. With that savings, I can use all my snack credits on bottles of water if I want or need to and still save a ton of money. :)

We paid OOP for dining last month and I realized quickly that we rarely wanted snacks in the heat. We had refillable water bottles and camelbacks so we only bought 2 waters over the week. Over 8 nights we only used 23 snack credits . For a family of 4 we would have had 64 I believe! I've analyzed our eating and I still am not sure which plan would have been optimal. I probably could have tweaked our habits to make the regular dining plan work for us (no signatures, QS lunch, and snacks at breakfast), but really I much prefer eating what I want when I want.

Between Starbucks and Ample Hills, we have no problem using all of our snack credits each day.

Any of the QS locations with fountains will give you water for free. I would never purchase or use a snack credit for water.
Totally agree. I'd have a hard time using a snack credit on a bottle of water when I know I can get it for free at QS.

But I get it, in emergencies sometimes you have to bite the bullet and use a snack credit. I wouldnt make a habit of it thou! No way would I specifically use all my credits for bottled water. Its a waste. There are better ways to use your snack credits. But there have been times where i've been so desperate that i actually purchased the nasty dasani water (in cash, not DP). I really didnt want to, but i was desperate. We're human. it happens. :)

We paid OOP for dining last month and I realized quickly that we rarely wanted snacks in the heat. We had refillable water bottles and camelbacks so we only bought 2 waters over the week. Over 8 nights we only used 23 snack credits . For a family of 4 we would have had 64 I believe! I've analyzed our eating and I still am not sure which plan would have been optimal. I probably could have tweaked our habits to make the regular dining plan work for us (no signatures, QS lunch, and snacks at breakfast), but really I much prefer eating what I want when I want.
This is what I do as well...I always bring my own reusible water bottle (the kind that keeps your water cold for hours). I refill it at my resort with ice. So perfect. In the parks when i need a refill i ask for ice water and dump it in there. So much better than buying water. Keep in mind my bottle isnt massive...so its not heavy to carry through out the day. its maybe slightly bigger than a standard water bottle.

I basically use all of my snack credits for water, which I know is kind of a waste. I always say that next trip I am going to really try some different snacks, but in the heat I want water and that's what I go for!

The Night Blossom in Pandora is the only exception!

I don't think getting a water with a snack credit is a waste. To me a waste is paying OOP for water, getting a million little snacks to take home and them going to actual waste and not being eaten. Or giving them away to other people. If I use a credit on a water I'm drinking, in my head it is not a waste.

When we get the dining plan we always end up using our snack credits on water. Usually like you because we forgot to grab water from our case out of the fridge. somehow we still end up with snack credits to get something for the nieces and nephews on our way out.

Been there. We have a hard time stomaching the use of a snack credit on bottled beverages, candy, box of popcorn, or anything under $5. But every one in a while you have to eat crow because it's needed. Whether you forgot to bring your wallet or you just need to do it. This is a great example that sometimes it's ok to use those snack credits on something like this. We have had to do it a few times because a child wasn't feeling good from not properly hydrating.

Forgetting to put water in the pack is the bane of all forgetfulness. You deserve to have wasted a snack credit so horribly!

Sounds like the best spent snack credit is the one that lets you enjoy your vacation at the time. Maybe it's getting maximum financial value. Maybe it's getting just what you need (be it food or water) at the moment that you need it. Hope everyone enjoys however they spend it!

I am also of a mind not to use a snack credit for a bottle of water. However, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Best to use that credit for a bottle of water than have a sick child on your hands. I usually bring home lots of candy which I really don't need (except the caramel from Germany).

Use the snack credits on whatever you need- don't let other people let you feel guilty for what you're choosing to buy!

We take water bottles with filters (like Bobble or Brita water bottles) into the parks so we can refill them at water fountains without the chlorine taste of Florida water. However, the water from these fountains isn't always cold. We've been known to buy a Dasani just because it's nice and cold!

No shame in any of it!

exactly what the above said!

for me DDP isnt about saving money its about getting what i want and need and not worrying about what it means to my wallet in that moment. if i really need water right now, i can grab it and not think about what its costing me. im glad you found that freedom and were able to enjoy your day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter