"Go Find a Table and I'll wait in line"

Do you sit at Quick Service Tables without having your food?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL and the best thing is...who cares what they think..its YOUR vacation! Enjoy it!
Yes I was just reading some of the overwrought negative comments and thinking, "Do people really worry this much about what everyone else is doing while on vacation?". Wow, it's a wonder that some people get any enjoyment from going to Disney at all. So many people, so much behavior to worry about... Don't even get them on the subject of waiting in line for 30 minutes for a ride when an unpredictable 4 year old suddenly realizes they need to go to the bathroom; I think some people would rather have your child wet themselves than have to explain to little Johnny why "he butted".

It is not common sense. Common sense involves consideration of how one's actions affect others.

Hoarding tables negatively affects (per the current poll results 57.2% 33.7% 9.2%) approximately 1/3 of diners.

This thread currently has almost 8,000 views at the moment.

No individual who is not involved in (Disney) restaurant management has the authority to determine this is not a problem. Those of us directly affected agree it is a problem.

I agree. Honesty people don’t care about other people. I can’t say how many times we couldn’t find a table after getting trays and had to sit on a curb or ground outside when lots of people were hoarding tables. People just don’t care about anyone else but themselves. They offer the typical excuse of you won’t want my kids around etc. Well you can wait with your kids at the back of the ordering areas most of the time and all sit together. You can even get napkins and stuff and wait back there. Yes people with special needs etc certainly can get a table. That’s fine. Everyone understands that. People that hoard tables and watch others with full trays unable to find tables are jerks. But they just don’t care. They have clearly stated they aren’t going to change. This thread is going nowhere just like the sitting on a bus threads do. No point letting it drag on. No one is going to stop table hoarding that does it. They only care about themselves. I wish Disney would take care of the situation but we all know they like to just let people be (line jumpers comes to mind here).

Exactly. Many days, or times of day, or times of year, or even depending on the venue, do whatever you want.

Yes, they are. Mobile order customers are not having part of their parties hold tables for upwards of 15 minutes before brining the food.

Not how statistics work. You can't arbitrarily claim a categor y to support a finding, argument, result, etc. Splitting the tire curl up rationally, five to to yes and four go to no. That's 3/5 yes, 2/5 no. So, led than the 2/3 claimed.
It isn't arbitrary. If a certain percentage say they will do it based on how they feel, then they count as people who will do it. It doesn't matter if they don't do it every time.

Last edited:

You’re mixing two different issues. Anyone might take awhile to eat and be fully done with their meals. But we’re takjing about the part in front of that.

If you come in and take a table before ordering, you are taking up the time for ordering, waiting, and eating, at that table.

If you come in and order, wait, get food, then take a table, you are taking up the time to eat at that table

That is less time at the table than the first.

As is everyone else. Everyone is waiting to get their food.

Why is everyone so obsessed with the ordering line being clutter-free?

In line with you. Like my little family is in line with me. Our kids can chat for a few minutes. It’ll be fun.

FYI, my seat was already paid for. It wasn't my fault the people in front of me wasted a couple of precious minutes because they didn't understand mobile ordering. My food was getting cold; I just wasn't walking around with it.

Yes I was just reading some of the overwrought negative comments and thinking, "Do people really worry this much about what everyone else is doing while on vacation?". Wow, it's a wonder that some people get any enjoyment from going to Disney at all. So many people, so much behavior to worry about... Don't even get them on the subject of waiting in line for 30 minutes for a ride when an unpredictable 4 year old suddenly realizes they need to go to the bathroom; I think some people would rather have your child wet themselves than have to explain to little Johnny why "he butted".
It is amazing a really sad..that folks mind others business so much. "Stay in ones lane" was best advise i ever got. I honestly couldn't not care less what others do. We have a great time and don't worry about others. Agree with you post so much. Alot of folks out there are debbie downers......and apparently table police...lol

On here thats the poll. Thats not a real reflection of what actually happens. Just look next time...EVERYONE holds a table. Its s non issue. Complete non issue.
Again, if it soothes your conscience to think that 99-100% of the people save tables like you then knock yourself out! Nothing to see here. No one is walking around with food that is getting cold. Move along.

Now we have table saving police....talk about a nanny state...lol
I think the anti table saving people used to be hall monitors..

I have never been a hall monitor nor a nanny nor a police officer. Do you have a problem with those professions? Is that supposed to be an insult?

Again, if it soothes your conscience to think that 99-100% of the people save tables like you then knock yourself out! Nothing to see here. No one is walking around with food that is getting cold. Move along.

I have never been a hall monitor nor a nanny nor a police officer. Do you have a problem with those professions? Is that supposed to be an insult?
Hall monitor is probably a volunteer position..so can't be professional. Table police also. Table police is the folks that mind everyones business except their own. Like the videos we have all seen on the news lately...folks calling police on a kid selling lemonade.....

You really can avoid the madness. Just eat when it opens for lunch or later in the day. It can be quite relaxing, enjoyable and stress free. :)
Good suggestion and yes this works for those who like to eat early. We ordered from the QS in Mexico in January when they opened and we had no problem finding a table. Unfortunately they didn’t have the kitchen up and running so we had to wait about 15-20
Minutes for the food to be ready.

It is amazing a really sad..that folks mind others business so much. "Stay in ones lane" was best advise i ever got. I honestly couldn't not care less what others do. We have a great time and don't worry about others. Agree with you post so much. Alot of folks out there are debbie downers......and apparently table police...lol
I'll tell you a little story. Last year when I was at Disney, we were in a rather lengthy line. Well, here come a couple of people, "excuse me" and join the party in front of me. Then a couple more; then someone else. I remembered a topic here with people complaining about people who went to the bathroom butting in line, how they blocked them, said a few ugly words etc, so when the next person came through, I said something like, "if your party isn't together, why don't you get out of line and wait for them?". First of all, my family was mortified, but worse than that, I was horrified at my own behavior. I ended up apologizing, saying I was just hot and tired, but the truth was, I had let the negativity from that thread affect my attitude. I promised myself I would never, ever allow the hateful negative thoughts of others dictate my actions ever again. I felt so much better after apologizing. It truly would have ruined my day; I don't know how others can justify it.

ETA: And a good day to you all; < bowing out now >

I'll tell you a little story. Last year when I was at Disney, we were in a rather lengthy line. Well, here come a couple of people, "excuse me" and join the party in front of me. Then a couple more; then someone else. I remembered a topic here with people complaining about people who went to the bathroom butting in line, how they blocked them, said a few ugly words etc, so when the next person came through, I said something like, "if your party isn't together, why don't you get out of line and wait for them?". First of all, my family was mortified, but worse than that, I was horrified at my own behavior. I ended up apologizing, saying I was just hot and tired, but the truth was, I had let the negativity from that thread affect my attitude. I promised myself I would never, ever allow the hateful negative thoughts of others dictate my actions ever again. I felt so much better after apologizing. It truly would have ruined my day; I don't know how others can justify it.

ETA: And a good day to you all; < bowing out now >
I know. We have NEVER had a bad time or issue at WDW/DLR We just do our thing and don't complain about stupid things. We love it and have a great time. It is amazing what people look for to either complain or whine about. Oh, well. We choose not to do that. Life is better!

If you are speaking about the people who don't agree with you on this thread, not being able to find a table because of table savers is their business. It seems that your arguments have run their course and have degenerated into insults.
No it isn't their business actually..Holding a table is a normal thing to do..why have 4 in a line when only 1 needs to order. thats common sense.
Deal with it. No one will stop anyone from saving a table while others order...life goes on........

This is thread has turned into a comedy with a lot of bad acting, too bad thread will be closed soon. :p

I think the main reason this never even crossed my mind as something to be annoyed about is because this is how every fast food and fast casual place I've been to typically works...you see part of a party go grab a table while part of a party waits in line. As a kid, teen, adult, no matter who I was with or how busy a place was, people would do this. And sometimes it meant you couldn't immediately find a free table at those places, too. (Our local Panera can quite regularly be like this.)

So it never dawned on me to be annoyed by anyone doing the same thing at a park.

I think the main reason this never even crossed my mind as something to be annoyed about is because this is how every fast food and fast casual place I've been to typically works...you see part of a party go grab a table while part of a party waits in line. As a kid, teen, adult, no matter who I was with or how busy a place was, people would do this. And sometimes it meant you couldn't immediately find a free table at those places, too. (Our local Panera can quite regularly be like this.)

So it never dawned on me to be annoyed by anyone doing the same thing at a park.
Amazing isn't it...lol

General question:
If you were at a relatively crowded McDonalds, Wendy's or the food court at the mall near home would saving a table still be a problem?

If you have scarcity, perceived or real, people will start hoarding. Everything has seen the videos of people trampling over each other at a Black Friday sale, and this is no different. Fear of missing out, fear of not getting a seat, it's all the same.

I also think it's becoming rarer and rarer for people to encounter crowds and lines in their daily lives, so when they get to Disney, it's a new experience. How would act if for the first time in your life you are competing for a place to sit? With no rules, experience or structure? Chances are not well.

As for encountering a line at McDonald's, you have options you don't have at Disney. Most people can just take their food and eat in the car. Or walk back to their office.

The local fast-food customer isn't a captive customer, like a theme park visitor. As for a mall food court, most of them are closed and half-empty. When I think about it, other than traffic jams I have not encountered any recent hoarding behavior outside of theme parks -- and, of course, those Black Friday stories about people brawling over $20 sheets and TVs.

If you are speaking about the people who don't agree with you on this thread, not being able to find a table because of table savers is their business. It seems that your arguments have run their course and have degenerated into insults.
Actually, I think there are more insults coming from those that disagree with table saving. The words vultures and hoarders have come up multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter