• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going back to Disney World after 6 years

Lee Matthews

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone.

I've chatted in a few threads about my trip to go back to Orlando but thought it was time i started my own thread.

Going in September of 2016 and this will be 6 years since i was last at WDW, when i worked at Epcot on the Cultural Representative Program July (2009-July 2010) Previous to that, only done 2 x 2 week trips in January of 2006 & 2007.

I've missed WDW, so much since i was there last. It was the best year of my life and since many of the amazing people i worked with have been back on vacation there, some yearly. My love of Disney has always stayed but saving to buy a house and a career has prevented me from going before next year.

I'm going with my boyfriend and we are going for 3 weeks. (Im the one with glasses in my photo) Considering i want to visit all of WDW, Universal, Seaworld and Bush Gardens, i think this was a sufficient amount of time.

Boyfriend doesn't know but Im intending to propose to him on the first day of our vacation. We'll also be celebrating my Birthday on the 3rd day of our trip.

Considering that this could be our only trip to WDW for another 5 years, it's got to be incredible without being too demanding on expectations because i know from first hand when guests expect the earth but in my excitement, i have already come up with a draft itinerary for the 3 weeks and wanted feedback on what people think.

Then i can do some day move arounds, swaps ect before booking Dining ect.

Tuesday 13th September
Arrive at Old Key West Resort 5pm
Dinner at Disney Springs

Wednesday 14th Magic Kingdom
Dinner at California Grill
Wishes Private Boat rental to propose to Boyfriend

Thursday 15th Animal Kingdom
Tusker House for character breakfast

Friday 16th Epcot (My Birthday)
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Saturday 17th Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Sci-Fi Diner

Sunday 18th Relax Day
Disney Golf Course
Maybe Typhoon Lagoon

Monday 19th Universal Studios

Tuesday 20th Island of Adventures

Wednesday 21st & Thursday 22nd Bush Gardens

overnight stay

Friday 23rd Relax Day
Maybe Blizzard Beach
Dinner at the Hoop de-du review

Saturday 24th Orlando 360
Skydiving in the am
Orlando eye, madam Tussaud, Sealife pm

Sunday 25th Discovery Cove

Monday 26th Seaworld

Tuesday 27th Universal / Island of Adventures

Halloween Horror Nights

Wednesday 28th Rest Day

Disney Springs. Characters in Flight
La Nouba
House of Blues

Thursday 29th Hollywood Studios

Boardwalk in the evening with Jellyrolls

Friday 30th Animal Kingdom

Saturday 1st Epcot

Sunday 2nd Free unallocated day

Monday 3rd Magic Kingdom

Tuesday 4th Fly Home

So, as a rough draft, what does everyone think? The free unallocated day can go anywhere once i find an activity to fill it with unless i split the Orlando eye ect to a separate day from the skydiving.

Looking forward to all your help and advice in advance

Lee

Attachments

• 10306627_10153083186130267_4033411187713589261_n.jpg
    10306627_10153083186130267_4033411187713589261_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 37
Fellow Board Member all I can say you have a great time coming up. I really think you should put this question and post on main TP& S Board you can gain some great ideas and scheduling adjustments

Fellow Board Member all I can say you have a great time coming up. I really think you should put this question and post on main TP& S Board you can gain some great ideas and scheduling adjustments

Thanks for the reply Danny. Can i have this thread moved to that area?

I'm sorry I can't I am not moderator for these Boards but I will ask Moderator for TP&S Board to help you.

I'm sorry I can't I am not moderator for these Boards but I will ask Moderator for TP&S Board to help you.

Thanks for the heads up.

Happy to help Lee.

Our very first trip to WDW was 2 years in planning and we had great fun moving stuff around and planning what our days might look like.

Ok, so you didnt mention in your DCL post about the proposal... are you SURE you wouldn't want to propose at sunset on deck of the Disney cruise ship? :) Just sayin'... Then again, I'm leaving for a 3nt on the Dream in 2 weeks, so I'm definitely in the "It's worth it" boat. Haha, get it, boat? Sorry.

I'll address the more "practical" side. :duck:

In 6 years since you have been, crowds have increased substantially. There is no "slow" time of year as we once knew it. MK is by far the worst. By noon it is packed and miserable no matter what days you do, so utilize RD and hit it hard then go someplace else! AK is second to MK in the crowds. _I_ can tolerate it until about 1 pm then it's just a miserable congestion of people and strollers. :charac2:

Sounds like an amazing trip! You'll have to come back on here and let us know how it goes after you propose!

We ate at CA Grill on our honeymoon. I thought it was one of the most romantic meals of our trip, even with a poorly behaved child nearby. Have a great time!

When you go to Busch Gardens, you are spending the night in Tampa? Are you checking in/out of your Disney resort? Maybe do BG at the end of your trip, so you don't have to double up with the rooms? Renting a car for the whole trip since you have days planned off Disney property?

FYI-our family is Big Disney fans but we all talk about our Discovery Cove day, it was absolutely awesome, didn't want to leave! Free food/snacks/alcohol all day. We didn't even do the dolphin swim either, you know you get 2 weeks of seaworld admission and can add on busch gardens as well with discovery cove admission right?

I have a suggestion.....after doing AK once, you might feel there's no need to do it twice. (dont mind me, its not my fave park lol). I'd be more inclined to do MK again on the 30th, instead of AK. MK has more rides and just so much more to do than AK. Although by sept 2016 AK will change as they plan on having Rivers of Light show, and the safari ride at night. So maybe two days is a good idea after?

Oh I dunnno. Dont mind me. Carry on! :teeth:

BTW one more thing, CONGRATS on the proposal! :goodvibes You make a cute couple. Proposing on the boat is very romantic. Good luck! Looks like an awesome trip!

What is your ticket situation? You are going to WDW parks for seven days total. Tickets expire after 14 days so you will not be able to use one 7-day ticket for your trip. Or you could be planning on buying AP's at which point I'll take a seat.

Sounds ace!!!!! What a great trip.

Thanks, I simply cannot wait

Ok, so you didnt mention in your DCL post about the proposal... are you SURE you wouldn't want to propose at sunset on deck of the Disney cruise ship? :) Just sayin'... Then again, I'm leaving for a 3nt on the Dream in 2 weeks, so I'm definitely in the "It's worth it" boat. Haha, get it, boat? Sorry.

For me WDW is what i consider home, and is the place i want to bring our children, so while the cruise was an idea i had, i think I've decided that i don't want to rush my trip at WDW and propose there as it will have more meaning for us long term

I'll address the more "practical" side. :duck:

In 6 years since you have been, crowds have increased substantially. There is no "slow" time of year as we once knew it. MK is by far the worst. By noon it is packed and miserable no matter what days you do, so utilize RD and hit it hard then go someplace else! AK is second to MK in the crowds. _I_ can tolerate it until about 1 pm then it's just a miserable congestion of people and strollers. :charac2:

I'm hoping that without having any children and just being the 2 of us, that we can still take a casual approach and get everything done over the 3 weeks.

Sounds like an amazing trip! You'll have to come back on here and let us know how it goes after you propose!

We ate at CA Grill on our honeymoon. I thought it was one of the most romantic meals of our trip, even with a poorly behaved child nearby. Have a great time!

I've always wanted to eat at California Grill but never have, think this proposal will make the perfect oppertunity

When you go to Busch Gardens, you are spending the night in Tampa? Are you checking in/out of your Disney resort? Maybe do BG at the end of your trip, so you don't have to double up with the rooms? Renting a car for the whole trip since you have days planned off Disney property?

Booked for Old Key West for 3 solid weeks, and yes i was planning a night away at Bush Gardens. With transport there being free and the admission ticket being included in my Discovery Cove pass, it would make a cheap way to do somthing else for 2 days

FYI-our family is Big Disney fans but we all talk about our Discovery Cove day, it was absolutely awesome, didn't want to leave! Free food/snacks/alcohol all day. We didn't even do the dolphin swim either, you know you get 2 weeks of seaworld admission and can add on busch gardens as well with discovery cove admission right?

Yep, Discovery Cove is something we want to do, the fact that i can get admission to Seaworld and Bush Gardens for the price, it's hard to argue.

I have a suggestion.....after doing AK once, you might feel there's no need to do it twice. (dont mind me, its not my fave park lol). I'd be more inclined to do MK again on the 30th, instead of AK. MK has more rides and just so much more to do than AK. Although by sept 2016 AK will change as they plan on having Rivers of Light show, and the safari ride at night. So maybe two days is a good idea after?

Oh I dunnno. Dont mind me. Carry on! :teeth:

BTW one more thing, CONGRATS on the proposal! :goodvibes You make a cute couple. Proposing on the boat is very romantic. Good luck! Looks like an awesome trip!

Thank You so much for the well wishes. Currently i have 2 Full days at Magic Kingdom allocated plus the Mickey's not so scary Halloween Party which i thought would be enough time to do almost everything. I'm a fan of animal kingdom and while i can't wait for the 'Rivers of Light show' i may not get 2 full days there, so probably will pop back to Magic Kingdom

What is your ticket situation? You are going to WDW parks for seven days total. Tickets expire after 14 days so you will not be able to use one 7-day ticket for your trip. Or you could be planning on buying AP's at which point I'll take a seat.

Bought a 21 day Ultimate pass for Disney. Just means at any point we can do anything Disney. Universal ect i'm looking to bump together and do over a space of like 10 days.

It's Universal i can't decide how much time to allocate there? 1 day Universal/ 1 day Islands of Adventure/ 1 day at Wizzarding World plus 2 evenings at Halloween horror nights?

Have a great trip!!

Thank You so much

Sounds like a great plan! I just wanted to comment real quick and say that for your Tues Sept 27th day - HHN does not happen on Mondays or Tuesdays.

I hope you have a wonderful time. :)

No advice or tips just wanted to say have a wonderful trip and good luck with the proposal im sure your DBF will love it :)

Sounds like a great plan! I just wanted to comment real quick and say that for your Tues Sept 27th day - HHN does not happen on Mondays or Tuesdays.

I hope you have a wonderful time. :)

So is it usual for it to run Wednesday - Sundays? That's cool, easy switch around.

Is it set days usually for the MNNSHP?

Wednesday September 14th Magic Kingdom
...propose to Boyfriend

OK. So this may be a bit off topic, but I just gotta ask....
If you are ready to get engaged to your BF, why on earth are you waiting until September to do it? That's 10 months away!! How do you know that he isn't going to propose to you before then and "mess" (in the best possible way) with your plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter