"Going Columbine" - please stop using this phrase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bring this up.... really.... The poor girl was so nervous and she stated that early in the show. It was not meant to offend rather she was trying too hard to be witty and funny and she said something she probably felt immediately awkward and not good about it. Every body take a chill pill, try using a little common sense and compassion if we had moment of regret like this we would hope others would be as forgiving let it slide. I never once felt it was meant to hurt, I grew up in the Sandy Hook area of Newtown and I wasn't affected because I was able to say "poor girl she said something that was from major nerves, it was instantly forgivable, non issue..."

Why bring this up.... really.... The poor girl was so nervous and she stated that early in the show. It was not meant to offend rather she was trying too hard to be witty and funny and she said something she probably felt immediately awkward and not good about it. Every body take a chill pill, try using a little common sense and compassion if we had moment of regret like this we would hope others would be as forgiving let it slide. I never once felt it was meant to hurt, I grew up in the Sandy Hook area of Newtown and I wasn't affected because I was able to say "poor girl she said something that was from major nerves, it was instantly forgivable, non issue..."

:thumbsup2

The world would be better if we all had a Dole Whip about now...

So, are we allowed to say "Going Postal" or if someone is bent out of shape ask is they are getting "Wounded Knee" on somebody. I always hear "Disney prices are a "gyp"' or "They are trying to 'gyp' us." FWIW, I am part Romanichal (racist slur name Gypsie) and I don't get mad. It's a saying that most don't use in making light of me. Words only hurt you if you give them weight.

my 2 cents.

It was an insensitive and extremely inappropriate comment. I don't think she should have said it, but don't know how her mind works and will reserve judgment until I hear her thoughts, if there are any forthcoming, as well as the Podcast crew's opportunity to address this.

:goodvibes

It was an insensitive and extremely inappropriate comment.

...which is your opinion.

I don't think she should have said it, but don't know how her mind works and will reserve judgment until I hear her thoughts, if there are any forthcoming, as well as the Podcast crew's opportunity to address this.

...if it is even warranted.

I have no right to judge anyone. Let he who casts the first stone...

It was an insensitive and extremely inappropriate comment. I don't think she should have said it, but don't know how her mind works and will reserve judgment until I hear her thoughts, if there are any forthcoming, as well as the Podcast crew's opportunity to address this.

Hear how her mind works?

Reserve judgement?

how many times on the disboards have you heard the phrase "drinking the kool aid"? (in reference to disney apologists.)

Offensive or not, from a business standpoint, it seems like a bad PR move to not acknowledge that the comment was made in poor taste. I wonder if we'll hear about this again on Tuesday's podcast.

Offensive or not, from a business standpoint, it seems like a bad PR move to not acknowledge that the comment was made in poor taste. I wonder if we'll hear about this again on Tuesday's podcast.

From a business standpoint and looking at the numbers (40 or so posts on a single thread with 70 total posts), I have a hard time believing that this is even a blip on the radar.

herculessad.gif

Going all "Spanish Inquisition" ...too soon?

friends.gif

Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post

Hear how her mind works?

Reserve judgement?

Please,,,. I didn't say 'Hear how her mind works'

obviously, I did say 'reserve judgement'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzytime View Post
It was an insensitive and extremely inappropriate comment.

Quote:
I don't think she should have said it, but don't know how her mind works and will reserve judgment until I hear her thoughts, if there are any forthcoming, as well as the Podcast crew's opportunity to address this.

I have no right to judge anyone. Let he who casts the first stone...

We know every post here is someone's opinion, and that's the only reason I make an effort to post. Whether there's a response, or not, well I'm ok. That's the way of the World, right?

Thanks

From a business standpoint and looking at the numbers (40 or so posts on a single thread with 70 total posts), I have a hard time believing that this is even a blip on the radar.

But over 4800 views.

I personally find it to be an unfortunate choice of words.

I also think it is an interesting discussion and interesting to read different viewpoints.

Going all "Spanish Inquisition" ...too soon?

can I get offended now?

SI is one of my pet peeves. Those unlucky to get thrown into SI prisons were much better treated than those thrown into prison in nearly anywhere else in Europe [and were tortured less]. Propaganda. Was era of Reformation and Wars of Religion, pitting Catholic against Protestant. And SI kept meticulous records, which was exceedingly rare.

Off my soap box now. Occupational hazard. :goodvibes

But over 4800 views.

I personally find it to be an unfortunate choice of words.

I also think it is an interesting discussion and interesting to read different viewpoints.

A view does not equal a post, nor does 10 or 100 views. Many of those views could be obsessive refreshers.

can I get offended now?

SI is one of my pet peeves. Those unlucky to get thrown into SI prisons were much better treated than those thrown into prison in nearly anywhere else in Europe [and were tortured less]. Propaganda. Was era of Reformation and Wars of Religion, pitting Catholic against Protestant. And SI kept meticulous records, which was exceedingly rare.

Off my soap box now. Occupational hazard. :goodvibes

Anything can offend someone, somewhere...

Going all "Red Sea on the Egyptians" ...too soon?

A view does not equal a post, nor does 10 or 100 views. Many of those views could be obsessive refreshers.

No, it doesn't.:thumbsup2 That is why I mentioned the number of views versus the posts. It has far more than any other thread on the page. People appear to be interested in the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter