• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going from Boulder Ridge to Bay Lake

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
I am staying at Boulder Ridge and have family at bay lake. I was wondering if I get on the bus to go to one of the parks will I be able to get off at Bay Lake when it stops there to pick people up?

If the bus is doing both those resorts, yes. The other option is to just take the boat to MK…and then walk over from there.

If the bus is doing both those resorts, yes. The other option is to just take the boat to MK…and then walk over from there.
Do you know where I can see a bus schedule to see if one bus services both resorts as I have a infant with me and walking will be my last resort

Do you know where I can see a bus schedule to see if one bus services both resorts as I have a infant with me and walking will be my last resort

The schedule never shows it…I’d ask at the resort..we have been at BRV and sometimes buses did not stop anywhere else…but other times, they did. I think it just depends.

A better question to ask : if anybody has recently taken bus .

I think the Bus departs a theme park and then goes to Wilderness Lodge /BRV and then goes to the Contemporary /BLT . But they also have different schedules first thing in morn according to ThemePark with Extra Early Half Hour … They fill bus and just take them to Theme Park and then go to a different resort . Then those extra busses transition to fill in for breaks and lunch hours through out the day.
I am guessing that is why we see them lined up and empty !

Also be aware of the construction creating detours for bus drivers using back roads sometimes .
And this weekend is marathon so more confusion.
I just drove to Disney Springs and the ramp from World Drive to Buenavista Vista Blvd (road we see from SkyLiner ). Will close Sunday at 4:00 a.m. because the marathon will be along BVB I think …
I noticed the SkyLiner has something posted too about this weekend .

Last edited:
It depends on where the bus is going. The last few times we've been there, WL busses shared with Contemporary for HS, AK and DS. They shared with Fort Wilderness for Epcot, and did not share with any resort for MK. Obviously that is subject to change - best to ask once you are at the resort and I'd always confirm with the bus driver.

When they did share with Contemporary, they ran WL => Contemporary => Park. So going from WL to Contemporary should work fine. Coming back to WL, you will have to ride the bus to the park, then head to WL. I'd just do the walk / boat option using MK as the transfer point mentioned above coming back to WL (or Uber / Lyft).

Honestly, I really wish they would just bring back the boats that travelled between WL, Contemporary and FW! I had hoped they would come back when Hoop De Doo reopened, but sadly they did not.

The easiest thing would be to get a Minnie Van.

If you don't want to pay, then you could get boat or bus to Magic Kingdom, then at Magic Kingdom you could do monorail to Contemporary.

I don't know if there is a way to know for sure that if you get on a bus at Wilderness Lodge, it will end up at Contemporary. But maybe somebody else knows.

Last edited:

If you don't want to pay, then you could get boat or bus to Magic Kingdom, then at Magic Kingdom you could do boat or monorail to Contemporary. (At least I think there is a boat from Magic Kingdom to Contemporary these days.)
Boat service never resumed at Contemporary after the covid closure.

The easiest thing would be to get a Minnie Van.

If you don't want to pay, then you could get boat or bus to Magic Kingdom, then at Magic Kingdom you could do boat or monorail to Contemporary. (At least I think there is a boat from Magic Kingdom to Contemporary these days.)

I don't know if there is a way to know for sure that if you get on a bus at Wilderness Lodge, it will end up at Contemporary. But maybe somebody else knows.

No boat to CR. For BLT it’s monorail or walk..except at special times they have a bus back..like after night hours

Boat to MK and walk would be the fastest free way to do it even with a baby - it is a short walk from the boat @ MK to Contemporary / BLT

Otherwise, Lyft would be better than taking the bus to a random park and switching buses...The bus is not reliable from resort to resort since they can go direct without notice if they get " doubled up" or it is peak time.

Honestly, I really wish they would just bring back the boats that travelled between WL, Contemporary and FW! I had hoped they would come back when Hoop De Doo reopened, but sadly they did not.
100% agree with this. Back in the day we used to hop over from Bay Lake to Trail's End for dinner on occasion and the boat was great for that. (Of course, Trails End is going away...)

100% agree with this. Back in the day we used to hop over from Bay Lake to Trail's End for dinner on occasion and the boat was great for that. (Of course, Trails End is going away...)
I wonder which plan came first, cancel boats or cancel trails end. I wonder how much business trails end got from the resorts.

Last trip, we cancelled a dinner because we didn't want to deal with boat/walk or boat /monorail. Yeah we've spoiled.

Back in the day, I'd take the boat over, buy 3 of the chicken meals at PJs and carry them back to our room. Where else on property can you feed 10 people for $75. But wouldn't do it now with the extra hassle.

When we were there in November, we were the inverse of OP-- staying at BLT but going to WL for Storybook Dining. So, walked to MK from BLT and took boat to WL. On the way back, we took a bus (I think it was Hollywood Studios) that stopped at Contemporary on the way. But could vary (time of day, season, whatever) so check with the bus driver!

I wonder which plan came first, cancel boats or cancel trails end. I wonder how much business trails end got from the resorts.

Last trip, we cancelled a dinner because we didn't want to deal with boat/walk or boat /monorail. Yeah we've spoiled.

Back in the day, I'd take the boat over, buy 3 of the chicken meals at PJs and carry them back to our room. Where else on property can you feed 10 people for $75. But wouldn't do it now with the extra hassle.
I read somewhere that the reason that the boats didn’t come back to do that three resort loop was because CR didn’t want to pay to have it..possibly the other resorts didn’t either…but it sounded like the decision had a financial element to it.

I read somewhere that the reason that the boats didn’t come back to do that three resort loop was because CR didn’t want to pay to have it..possibly the other resorts didn’t either…but it sounded like the decision had a financial element to it.

Unfortunately, it always comes down to dollars...I get that Disney is a business but sometimes it should come down to customer satisfaction. Maybe one day the boat stop at CR/BLT will open again. One can always hope.

Cont bus stops at WL only for trips to Studios and AK (there is no bus from Cont to MK or Epcot except when the monorail is out of service). Bus trips from WL to MK and Epcot are via a bus that comes from Fort Wilderness. Your options via Disney transportation are: (a) bus or boat to MK and then walk or take monorail to BLT; (b) bus to Studios or AK and switch there to bus to Cont (the bus you are on may be going back to Cont and may not); (c) bus to Epcot and switch there to monorail to MK TTC and then switch to the internal MK resort monorail. One can hope that someday they will bring back the boat that runs among the three resorts, Cont, WL, and Fort Wilderness.

Last edited:
UGH,, really.. We loved taking those little boats back and forth, and watching them from balcony. Trails end and Whispering Canyon two of my favorites. Do they still do the Pirate cruises? You could hear them from balcony also.

The boats were cancelled first, then Trail's End.

One of the boat cast members told me that they would all love to restart the resort loop, but the decision was made by someone higher up.

He also told me that guests can send in comments requesting the "blue" boat line to come back.

He was also of the opinion that the resort boats being cancelled affected traffic to Trail's End which contributed to it's closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter