Going in May, too late to make reservations?

Penguinfan

Earning My Ears
We already booked a flight so we are locked into our date in mid-May.

I was going back and forth on the dining plan and was under the impresion that was the only way to make ADR's.

After reading this forum I am concerned it may be too late to make reservations since we are just about 100 days out.

I'll take any suggestions you have on both:

1. Get the dining package?

2. Too late for reservations?

Thanks

The dining package decision is up to you, but I'd say do ahead and start booking!

It's never too late to make ADRs. You might have some difficulty if you want the ultra-popular restaurants, but if you can't get them first thing, keep checking back online for cancellations. If there's anything specific that you want, it's best to book it as soon as you can.

I agree, the dining plan's up to you. Whether to get it or not is going to depend on what extent you want to plan your meals. If you book enough restaurants to spend the credits, you can look into it and see if it's something you want.

We're going in May and I'm still playing with my ADRs. They're pretty much set, but it looks like there is plenty available. Go online and play around and see if you can get what you want. Then make your decision about the DDP.

I made all our reservations including resort and dining less than 2 months before our trip. I got all I wanted including the castle. Just play around with the times.:)

I'm going May 7-14 and there is still tons of availability. I booked at 180 days out, but am still adjusting. I just cancelled Chef Mickey's, and there was a ton of availability. The only restaurant I have seen unavailable was Le Cellier.

I just made some changes yesterday to our May 1-9th trip and was able to get CRT for 5:30 and Le Cellier for lunch. Looks like some good times are still available.

Good Luck!

I concur. I just booked our stay last week and was able to get everything we wanted at the time we wanted (or within 15-20 minutes of what I input).

Same here...book away! I booked last week and only had a few times that I couldn't get the exact time that I wanted. It really isn't a big deal.

Have fun! Planning the trip is nearly as much fun as going on the trip.:rotfl:

I agree with what everyone else has said. We were booked for June 2 -June 8 and last week I bumped it up to May 29th - June 4 to take advantage of the 40% deluxe deal and had to book all my ADRs expect for 1 all over again and the only one that gave me any trouble was Le Cellier, and for that one I just checked back daily and a couple of days ago landed a 4:50 for our party of 7.

GL:wizard:

We are going next week, and I was able to get Ohana last week. LeCellier may be tough...

If you're flexible, you can get most places.

I am going in late April and have been slowly making ADRs since late December. I got 1900 Park Fare just last week. I have been able to get everything I have wanted except Le Cellier at night (got lunch instead).

You will be ok, but go ahead and start making them.

You can make the ADR's before you book the dining plan.

I would call soon and make them, I made our ADR's this weekend for our trip in early May (2nd-9th) and was able to get everything I wanted except LeCellier at dinner--got lunch-looks like a lot of PPs are eating lunch there too! ;)

You can do a 5 day window online, just change around your times as you are trying.

We are looking forward to our trip, I have been there so many times but I have eaten in very few of the TS places.

Just tonight, I got ADR for Le Cellier dinner on April 5. This week, I've been able to book my choice of Easter Sunday breakfast at Boma, Ohana and Akershus. I've viewed multiple options for Cinderella's Round Table this week for the week of our stay (April 2-10). These are the most difficult ADRs, during one of the busiest weeks, and less than 60 days out. People cancel, up to and including the day of their ADRs. Don't give up or settle for what you don't want--be persistent and you'll get lucky!

We already booked a flight so we are locked into our date in mid-May.

I was going back and forth on the dining plan and was under the impresion that was the only way to make ADR's.

After reading this forum I am concerned it may be too late to make reservations since we are just about 100 days out.

I'll take any suggestions you have on both:

1. Get the dining package?

2. Too late for reservations?

Thanks

I just booked a trip for third week of March and got first choice of all adrs including cinderella's royal table, cinderella's happily ever after dinner, crystal palace breakfast, supercalafragilistic breakfast, flying fish, coral reef, sci fi drive in, 50s prime time cafe and chef mickey's. It's never too late!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter