Going next Sun-Tues for 1st time. Why can't I grasp Maxpass??

Max Pass is actually fantastic. Play with it. You will do better on Day 2 vs. Day 1, because you are learning on Day 1. Keep track of when you can get your next FP. For something like RSR, if you have a time you prefer, keep looking at it as the times get later and later, and book it when your desired window opens. I like it after dark, for example. Often you can stack several major rides for later in the day, while using the app for FP rides earlier in the day. And you can access it from your resort hotel (at least from the Disney hotels, I only stay at those). So on our midday break we kept an eye on it as well. Some rides, you approach and there might be a 40 minute standby line and you can get an almost immediate MaxPass FP for it, scan onto the ride, and get another one right away.

I WAY prefer MaxPass to the FP+ setup at WDW. I am not saying it would work at WDW, just saying it is much better, lol.

Often you can stack several major rides for later in the day, while using the app for FP rides earlier in the day. And you can access it from your resort hotel (at least from the Disney hotels, I only stay at those). So on our midday break we kept an eye on it as well.

You can use Max Pass to make FP reservations from anywhere once you have scanned into the park. The beach, a non Disney hotel, the freeway as you drive home.

We LOVED maxpass and it doesn't take long at all to get the hang of it - by the time you make your third fast pass selection a person should be a pro. The idea is to make sure you time selection optimally - so I would set an alarm on my phone once we left the park. In the park often times you are making your next fast pass selection when your next fast pass comes up for use - so you are notified already to make the next selection. But if you take a break from the park with fast passes for much later in the day remaining then setting that timer to be able to continue to book fast passes to use upon your return is fantastic as you can return in the evening with multiple fast passes to use. I am actually dreading the FP+ system but I am sure that just like anything it just takes using it to get used to it.

OP, you are not alone...I'm a first-timer too and I don't get it either....and I have a Masters' Degree! :rotfl2:

Question: we will have a 2-day pass[non-park-hopper]. Will we have to purchase a 2-day MaxPass too?

Question: we will have a 2-day pass[non-park-hopper]. Will we have to purchase a 2-day MaxPass too?

I'm pretty sure you'll need to purchase it for each of the days you're in the park.

When is your trip again Kimmar?

You will have to purchase a new MaxPass each day you want to use it - it is only good for the day on which it is purchased unless you buy it with your tickets directly from Disney (other ticket sellers do not have the ability to provide MaxPass). But it's super fast and easy to do if you have your card info stored in your account on the app (and you know your CVV code).

Can one person make the whole party’s FastPass selection on maxpass? Or do we all have to sync at the same time?

One person can make the whole party's. You just need to put everyone's tickets in to your app.

I just used MP for the first time a couple of weeks ago and OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I experienced FP+ first, though DLR is our home resort, and although the planning aspect was fun for me, you can't beat the flexibility of MP at DLR!

We had tickets for 5 days last week. We actually only used Maxpass for two of the days. I liked that you could decide any time in the park if you wanted to buy it. The group we were with had prepurchased it with their tickets so had it every day. We really really loved it on the two days we used it! So easy once you start using it! Remember you don't necessarily need to wait 90 minutes to book your next fast past. You can book another one once you are scan you ticket for the line and that time may be less than 90 minutes. We also would just use our paper ticket to scan the FP instead of phone. Super quick and saved on battery. On the days we didn't buy Maxpass, we just used the fastpass machines or single rider line. Worked perfectly for timing with my friends family that had Maxpass.

I've been noticing RSR has starting running out REALLY early. Like 10am early. I don't want to spend 90 minutes at the start of the day waiting for a RSR FP later that day. But if CA has EMH, I'm guessing you are really only waiting 30 extra minutes since you won't be able to redeem your first one during EMH anyway right? I would also assume SOMEONE has to get the 8am FP. If you are there when gates open for EMH, do you have a decent shot of getting a FP for the first hour?

Last edited:
One person can make the whole party's. You just need to put everyone's tickets in to your app.

Also, everyone’s tickets can be added to more than one person’s app so FP management can be delegated or shared with others in the group.

I've been noticing RSR has starting running out REALLY early. Like 10am early. I don't want to spend 90 minutes at the start of the day waiting for a RSR FP later that day. But if CA has EMH, I'm guessing you are really only waiting 30 extra minutes since you won't be able to redeem your first one during EMH anyway right? I would also assume SOMEONE has to get the 8am FP. If you are there when gates open for EMH, do you have a decent shot of getting a FP for the first hour?
Yes, I am mystified by the RSR times. They’re basically disappearing at a faster rate each day (disproportionate to the overall FP rates).

I think part of the issue right now is that Space is down (it’s one of the most popular FPs besides RSR), so maybe it will help level things out when it comes back...

But overall, your “grab at the start of EMH” plan is a good one, as you’re correct that you’ll burn an hour at that point no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter