Going on my 2nd solo trip in September/October

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I loved my Christmas trip so much that I just can't wait to see what Halloween is like! i'm doing my second solo trip for my 50th Birthday, just a short 3 days because that's all I can afford so soon after my last trip in November. I'm planning on attending the Halloween party and spending a full day at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival.

I figure something is better than nothing at all and I'm very excited to be going on another solo trip!

Sounds great. I plan on going on a solo trip one day. When I do, I'd also love to go for F and W and the Halloween party!

Glad you had fun and have plans to return! There are usually a lot of solo travelers from this board that go that time of year, so make sure to come back in the weeks before your trip to see if there is anyone there at the same time.

i went to MNSSHP and food and wine in september! i didn't go solo, but it was so much fun! make sure to read disneyfoodblog so you can plan out what you want to eat at the festival. there's so many booths and so many different options, you want to be sure you're trying everything that you wanted!

Glad you had fun and have plans to return! There are usually a lot of solo travelers from this board that go that time of year, so make sure to come back in the weeks before your trip to see if there is anyone there at the same time.
Thanks, I will have a look this time around especially if I do a character breakfast on my last morning. I don't really want to do that alone.

i went to MNSSHP and food and wine in september! i didn't go solo, but it was so much fun! make sure to read disneyfoodblog so you can plan out what you want to eat at the festival. there's so many booths and so many different options, you want to be sure you're trying everything that you wanted!
I love Disney Food Blog so I'll definitely be watching and making my F & W plans closer to the date!

Planning my first solo trip for Oct 30-Nov 3. I plan to spring MNSSHP on Halloween...and I know it will be packed and I don’t care! I also plan to do F&W and just eat and drink for hours on end! All things people I would normally travel with would scoff at! I can’t wait!

Planning my first solo trip for Oct 30-Nov 3. I plan to spring MNSSHP on Halloween...and I know it will be packed and I don’t care! I also plan to do F&W and just eat and drink for hours on end! All things people I would normally travel with would scoff at! I can’t wait!
I am sure you will have a great first solo trip too :) Your plans sound awesome! I'm going to meet more characters too.

Planning my first solo trip for Oct 30-Nov 3.
I'll be there Oct. 23 - Nov. 3, partly solo and partly meeting friends. If you'd like company for the GF Tea or at a show or something, maybe we could meet up at some point! Or if you'd rather hang out by yourself the whole time, that's fine too, just thought I'd suggest. Feel free to send me a message.

Im doing the same thing in September! First solo trip because I also really want to see it for Halloween plus take advantage of food and wine.

Addictive isn't it.

Yes, it really is. 23+ years ago, DH surprised me with a "Mom's weekend" solo trip. Since then, I've gone on a "Mom's mental health trip" every year, even though the "kids" I'm Mom too grew up and left home at least 15 years ago. Besides, DH goes on his golf trips without me.

I must say, and I know a lot of people just love it, but I was disappointed with the Halloween party and definitely enjoyed the XMAS party and especially the XMAS parade much more. However, F&W Festival is my favorite event at WDW, so I'm sure it will be a great trip -- and any amount of time is good time at WDW!

Also planning on a solo trip at the end of September, I love the food and wine festival! Just need to figure out where I wanna stay. What resorts are a favorite for solos?

Also planning on a solo trip at the end of September, I love the food and wine festival! Just need to figure out where I wanna stay. What resorts are a favorite for solos?

I went solo last September, and Beach Club was where I stayed (actually Villas). Perfect location. This year, I'm thinking of switching it up a little, doing a split stay, but part of it will again be Beach Club Villas. For the other part, I may do Poly or Villas at Grand Floridian.

I don't know if the Deluxe resorts are within your budget but if you really like the food and wine festival, one of the Epcot resorts would be ideal, (Beach Club, Yacht Club or Boardwalk). My first solo trip in December I stayed at the Yacht Club and loved it. I don't think you can overestimate just how nice it is being able to walk to Epcot, or Hollywood Studios for that matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter