Going on the Wish in a couple of weeks - any tips?

HeyKoolaid

Mermaid off the port bow!
We are sailing on the Wish in a couple of weeks. We have been on Disney's other four ships, and enjoyed every moment. Is there anything in particular I should make sure we see/try/do while on the Wish. I am too excited and don't want to miss anything.

We played the Uncharted Adventure game and once we got past some of the IT Glitches it was really fun. If you do play I recommend attending the ‘Finale’ - ours was 7:30 on the last night of the cruise in the Luna lounge. It was really cute! :)

If you like the other sail-away parties, definitely make sure you watch it on the Wish. And the Pirate party - we loved it!
As for everything else, check out the navigator in the app each morning and I would just set reminders for things you would like to see/do. Can't really cram it all into one cruise, but you can have fun trying!

We've sailed on the Wish twice now. Biggest tip? Realize it's a totally different ship from the others and accept that things are different. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

It's a beautiful ship. Lovely touches everywhere. Be sure to spend some time in 1923 (main dining room) to look at the decor.

Don't expect Palo to be the same as Palo on the other ships. It's really a very different restaurant.

We did the tour of the ship . Make sure you reserve early because it is very popular. Showed us some stuff I probably would have missed. Explains some of the art work too.

Don't listen to the bad reviews but form your own opinion. It's a beautiful ship with a wonderful staff. Food was good. My favorite lunch spot was the BBQ at the Festival of foods. The CM's that run Match Your Mate are amazing. We went a couple of times and enjoyed how they could get constant laughs. Shop early. They do run out of certain merchandise. But most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

Don't listen to the bad reviews but form your own opinion. It's a beautiful ship with a wonderful staff. Food was good. My favorite lunch spot was the BBQ at the Festival of foods. The CM's that run Match Your Mate are amazing. We went a couple of times and enjoyed how they could get constant laughs. Shop early. They do run out of certain merchandise. But most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
I too enjoyed the couple that did Match Your Mate! Saw them doing the short stories in the Grand Hall too and other nightly shows. They were so funny.

Awesome ship. Festival of foods is great, especially the BBQ

We played the Uncharted Adventure game and once we got past some of the IT Glitches it was really fun. If you do play I recommend attending the ‘Finale’ - ours was 7:30 on the last night of the cruise in the Luna lounge. It was really cute! :)
Hi! Any tips or info on the Uncharted adventure pls?
Thanks!

We loved Hyperspace Lounge!

We also loved Match Your Mate! The best hosts we’ve had for that.

The beignets at Tiana‘s were yummy and fresh, but not really beignets, more like a light biscuit with a little powdered sugar.

We loved Hyperspace Lounge!

We also loved Match Your Mate! The best hosts we’ve had for that.

The beignets at Tiana‘s were yummy and fresh, but not really beignets, more like a light biscuit with a little powdered sugar.
How did you get the reservation at Hyperspace? Guest services line upon boarding? Thanks..

Hi! Any tips or info on the Uncharted adventure pls?
Thanks!
Be patient. It doesn’t always work as it should. I had to reset my DCL app to even get to start a game. The four of us had to try several times to link all of us to play together. We ended up playing on our Castaway Cay day when the ship was mostly empty and it still froze up at times. When it did work it was fun though! :)

I would keep an open mind and not dismiss negative reviews as they help to adjust your expectations. Maybe something that bothered someone else won't bother you. but sometimes their explanations can help with your choices.

Such as:
The movie theaters are super small so if you think you might want to see a movie get there early to get a seat. Check the movie theater out beforehand and you will see what I mean.
If there is merchandise you really want to have you need to get into the gift shop asap on the first night. We waited until after early dinner on the first night and the lines were crazy and the jacket I wanted was out of stock for the entire trip.
In the 1923 restaurant the pasta appetizer and filet entree were the best food I had on the ship. And they will bring extra of anything if you want. I was wishing I had asked for more of the pasta as the dessert I was saving room for was rather disappointing...

Tip#1: If you want to do the incredicourse, bring socks! They are required and we saw a few disappointed families who didn’t pack socks get turned away.

Tip#2: They shut down the aquamouse during the mandatory muster drill video and reopen it right after. We watched the video on funnel vision from outside the aquamouse entrance and rode it with zero wait.

Tip#3: There are only a few elevators that go above deck 11 and no way to call them specifically. We saw so many confused people on deck 11 at the elevator bank complaining they were trying to get to Palo or cove cafe or hero zone but none of the elevators was going there. I showed them where the staircase was (around the corner from the elevator banks) and they were so relieved. That’s the way to go!

That’s about all I can think of in terms of tips. It’s not that complicated—just go aboard, eat great food, see great entertainment, enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter