• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Going Remote

Youngest's reentry to school with proof was denied today.:sad2: Youngest can go back to in-person on the 18th. Tried to cheer Youngest up by saying at least it isn't finals week, subject unit testing, ACT, etc. and it's only the beginning of Semester 2, not the middle or end.

We have no clue. We've done everything to the tee too. Family fully vaxed. Reported Youngest's exposure with DH + on 12/28. Sent proof of Youngest vax card to reverse the Q as requested since they have no symptoms. The District even lowered their Q timeline for everyone on 12/30 from 20 days to 10 days. It will be 10 days tomorrow since DH's + and he's back to work today after 9 days. Still Youngest was denied. Placed on virtual until January 18th.

Youngest wants to still see the new Spiderman movie, maybe we'll go to the first showing on a school day and have the theater to ourselves.

We have no clue. We've done everything to the tee too. Family fully vaxed. Reported Youngest's exposure with DH + on 12/28. Sent proof of Youngest vax card to reverse the Q as requested since they have no symptoms. The District even lowered their Q timeline for everyone on 12/30 from 20 days to 10 days. It will be 10 days tomorrow since DH's + and he's back to work today after 9 days. Still Youngest was denied. Placed on virtual until January 18th.

Youngest wants to still see the new Spiderman movie, maybe we'll go to the first showing on a school day and have the theater to ourselves.
Maybe the district is counting her under the old rule since your husband was positive before they lowered the timeframe from 20 to 10.

Is the rule that if you're vaccinated and have no symptoms you don't have to quarantine? Is that why you had to send in her vaccination card?

Maybe the district is counting her under the old rule since your husband was positive before they lowered the timeframe from 20 to 10.

Is the rule that if you're vaccinated and have no symptoms you don't have to quarantine? Is that why you had to send in her vaccination card?

“If fully vaccinated may not have to Q. Please provide proof of vaccination card for immediate reentry.” We did and it was denied. Wording is may not have to Q vs. does not have to Q. They are in charge of migration. We get it. Better safe then sorry. It’s just a bit frustrating that it’s not entirely clear and the same across the board with migration back to school, work, travel, etc. Would be so much easier if was.

Last edited:
My district went remote yesterday afternoon with an announcement at 1:00 pm. I had upset kids in my class. Of course they are complaining about going remote as they are not wearing their masks correctly. We are remote until Tuesday at this time and it will be reevaluated then. Teachers still have to report to the building. I think a big part of it is not enough bus drivers and just too many teachers out. On the personal side, my other daughter has also tested positive (she is also fully vaccinated and boosted) She too just has cold symptoms and if Covid wasn't a thing I would not even think twice about it. My father, son, husband and myself continue to be symptom free. I would test but there are no home tests to be found in a 20 mile radius and all the testing sites have no appointments or are a 2 hour wait. Since I have no symptoms I am required to come to school anyway so I mask up and come in.

My district went remote yesterday afternoon with an announcement at 1:00 pm. I had upset kids in my class. Of course they are complaining about going remote as they are not wearing their masks correctly. We are remote until Tuesday at this time and it will be reevaluated then. Teachers still have to report to the building. I think a big part of it is not enough bus drivers and just too many teachers out. On the personal side, my other daughter has also tested positive (she is also fully vaccinated and boosted) She too just has cold symptoms and if Covid wasn't a thing I would not even think twice about it. My father, son, husband and myself continue to be symptom free. I would test but there are no home tests to be found in a 20 mile radius and all the testing sites have no appointments or are a 2 hour wait. Since I have no symptoms I am required to come to school anyway so I mask up and come in.
I am a retired teacher who subs. In my district there is an elementary school with 11 unfilled jobs today. I can’t imagine those poor teachers and other personnel. I’m glad I’m out of town so I don’t have to feel guilty for not going in. On top of that, there is some bad weather expected around dismissal time.

“If fully vaccinated may not have to Q. Please provide proof of vaccination card for immediate reentry.” We did and it was denied. Wording is may not have to Q vs. does not have to Q. They are in charge of migration. We get it. Better safe then sorry. It’s just a bit frustrating that it’s not entirely clear and the same across the board with migration back to school, work, travel, etc. Would be so much easier if was.
Yeah it would be helpful to know what changes a may not into definitely doesn't have to quarantine. Sure sounds frustrating,

I am a retired teacher who subs. In my district there is an elementary school with 11 unfilled jobs today. I can’t imagine those poor teachers and other personnel. I’m glad I’m out of town so I don’t have to feel guilty for not going in. On top of that, there is some bad weather expected around dismissal time.

My principal just said that we were at 20 teachers out yesterday so when she told the Superintendent that as a building we were not able to sustain this the Superintendent just wanted to send out Central Office staff to our building. As a district we must be a hot mess because the Super was intent on staying in person so things must be bad. I know that we had 14 unfilled jobs yesterday so it is tough right now. Parents in the district are divided some as angry and others wanted to know why we bothered to come back in person on Monday.

I'm curious, are private schools also having these issues with bus drivers and quarantines and teachers being out and staffing issues? Or is this strictly something that's happening in public schools across the country?

I'm curious, are private schools also having these issues with bus drivers and quarantines and teachers being out and staffing issues? Or is this strictly something that's happening in public schools across the country?
Private schools in my area don't have bus drivers, so no issues there. They have the same issues with quarantines, sickness, and teachers being out. Percent positive rates in my state are around 30% right now. Sickness isn't confined to the public schools.

At my private college we were remote Monday and Tuesday and told that we absolutely had to be back face-to-face on Wednesday. Tuesday night at 7 pm they sent out an email saying the COVID entrance tests weren't back yet and that we were required to be remote until next Wednesday, which confused everyone. Last night they sent out an email saying all the tests are back but they haven't updated our dashboard, which probably means bad news. I heard that they did a random sample of rapid tests during the entrance testing (everyone had to be PCR tested) and 20% of our students were coming back positive. :(

My son's school uses the area public schools bussing, so it shares issues with them. As far as staffing, I have not heard of any issues (so far), but they did cancel midterm exams this year in anticipation that they might have a number of teachers potentially out this week or next (when they had originally scheduled midterms).

Our district thinks now is a good time to drop their mask requirement. 🤦‍♀️

Here in Texas, no mask requirement at all this year. Delta raged at the beginning and now Omicron but no masks unless you want.:mad: I'm masked and more students than normal came back with masks this week.

I have more students out either positive cases or quarantined due to family contact than at any other point in the pandemic.

Small private school. We had 3 of us out positive at Thanksgiving but none right now. I have 1-2 students out per class either positive, presumed positive, or quarantined due to not being vaxxed. We're an all-hands-on-deck school, so if we needed more, the administrators, secretaries, etc would cover classes to stay in-person. If we're out, we can send in regular plans, video lessons, or Zoom live, at our discretion. I felt lousy, so I did video lessons and the sub covering my room ran them for the class.

So 4 days in and we got our first close contact notice. Thankfully my son is vaccinated so doesn’t have to quarantine, but still not a fun time.

And at the high school, both the entire boys & girls basketball teams have it, along with the baseball teams and half the senior class. Fun times 😔

Hope he feels better and that you stay asymptomatic. Knowing the school district you are in, I’m not surprised. If you don’t acknowledge it it doesn’t exist right? DH said the medical team told him they had the most positive tests last week than any other time in the pandemic, and that was with half the workforce on vacation. He also did a rapid PCR since we travelled and was negative today. I did a rapid test on the kid tonight before she goes back to school tomorrow just to check
I guess we were “lucky” that school was called off so many days this week for weather! He’s hearing from his colleagues that’s it’s already a mess and most teachers are having to cover during their plan periods.

On the plus side, we are very uneventful positive cases. Which is nice. I ended up with a super minor cough for a day, and he just sounds a bit stuffed up now.

DS10 goes to a small K-8 secular private school where masks are required. They just fired the head of after care because she refused to wear a mask. Apparently, she prayed about it and received word from God that she didn’t have to. The head of school disagreed. The school has asked parents to tell them if their kids are vaccinated but haven’t said why they’re asking.

My granddaughter’s school is wear mask, kids don’t eat in cafeteria. Last week they decided to have kids bring home laptops every day due to in case the weather turns bad or they have to be quarantined.

My principal just said that we were at 20 teachers out yesterday so when she told the Superintendent that as a building we were not able to sustain this the Superintendent just wanted to send out Central Office staff to our building. As a district we must be a hot mess because the Super was intent on staying in person so things must be bad. I know that we had 14 unfilled jobs yesterday so it is tough right now. Parents in the district are divided some as angry and others wanted to know why we bothered to come back in person on Monday.
When I hear things like this it makes me shake my head. Sending people from the central office is NOT teaching. It is babysitting pure and simple. At least with remote if kids log on like they are supposed to, they are learning an actual lesson.

Well just the call that I’m a close contact from a student I last saw on Wednesday. Just did a rapid test and it’s negative (will test again on Monday). I knew it was bound to happen - had just hoped we would have gotten through the first week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter