Going to Disney for Free!! A Disney Experiment!

I official have dates!!
:banana::banana::banana:
Lori (my friend that we are going with) sent me a PM and asked if August 10-16 was good. So it looks like we have a plan. We will be staying at All Star Movies which is a new resort for me and I have heard bad things about All stars buses but I refuse to be negative in anyway. This is a new year!! This year is going to be amazing!!
:jumping1::dancer::jumping1:

Since we are going to be there for my actual birthday we will be celebrating that of course.:goodvibes Lori's birthday is in October so we will celebrate that as well. :cheer2:This trip is for Aidan's 10th birthday so even though his birthday is earlier in the year we will be celebrating that as well.:bday: Lori said we should celebrate something for the other kids as well. We came up with Liam celebrating graduating middle school and starting High School.:teacher: She thought we could celebrate Ameliya becoming a teen but unfortunately that will not be until 2018 (not that I am ready for it).:scared1: So I turned to my daughter and asked her what she wanted to celebrate at Disney World. She looked me in the face and said, "Being awesome!!" :cool1:OK, so we will be celebrating my daughters awesomeness during this trip. Works for me.:thumbsup2

Well that is about it for now.
Until next time
And remember...This is just a plan
::MickeyMoA Disney Plan::MickeyMo
Goodnight
:tink:

Good morning my Disney Peeps!!
:wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:
Just wanted to pop in real quick before heading to work.

Let's admit the facts. Most of us are here because we are Disney fans and love all things Disney. Not only do many of use love going to the parks but have movies on our racks, ornaments on our trees, t-shirts and other Disney cloths in are closets, and many of us even have rooms decorated in a Disney style.
I, for one, love to go the local Good will just to see what I can find that is Disney related. On one post that will happen very soon I will post pictures of all my recent finds and my Disney inspired bathroom. But since I have to leave for work in about an hour that will have to wait. That being said I would love to see your Disney inspired rooms are things you find at your local thrift store or garage sale. Who doesn't love to see a awesome Disney deal?!?!
:jumping1::dancer::jumping1:

As my trip gets ever closer I am getting more excited. My head is spinning with plans of our trip. I am watching Youtube videos, ordering planing books, watching the trip planning DVD, and of course writing on here. Like many of you I try to talk to my family about it and while they are good sports my zeal for the subject get a little boring for them from time to time. So what is a girl to do? Get her Disney kicks here of course. I have started reading PTR's and hope to read more as times goes on. I also hope to regularly add things here such as my planning, Disney buys, ideas, and generally anything Disney that floats into my pretty little head. That being said please say hi if you are reading this. Let me know if you like what I am doing. Tell me things that might annoy the heck out of you. What would you like to see more of? The sky's the limit. Because lets face it if know on is posting on my thread then it is just me talking to myself. Not ready for the asylum yet.
:crazy::crazy::crazy:

So this money I started thinking about packing lists. 7 months to early to start to talk about packing lists? Never!!! If you are anything like me you will probably write dozens of packing lists. Waiting for a Doctors appointment and have a note book in your purse, make a packing list. Waiting for a meeting at work, pull out the phone do make a packing list. Basically anytime from now until August 10 which has a minute where I am not doing anything I will at least be thinking of my packing list (or dining reservations, or FP's, or park days, or park attractions...). But what is on my mind mainly this time is what we are all going to wear.
:laundy:

Now in past trips I have made sure that we are all wearing Disney related shirts for at least most of the trip. I will continue that tradition this year but it might be a little harder to get my 14 year old into it. Well he might just have to pack his own bag if he wants non-Disney cloths. Because if I am packing it is all Disney!!! I am thinking this year that I will make us all at least one shirt that matches. Nothing to fancy. Just a plain t-shirt with a Mickey head. I would have to print stuff up if I did anymore and I don't have a printer right now. We will have to look into into. I am definitely thinking about my daughter. She will be 12 this year and it is probably the last year I can get her to dress up. No I am not getting a full fledged dress but I am thinking of some Disney styles. Some cute tops or short dresses with leggings that go to the thigh. I am also thinking of legging for me but I need to loose some weight to pull that off. (Goal: Loose 30lbs before Disney!!)
:wishthirty

So that is about it for now. I need to go and make my lunch for work and be heading out soon so talk to you all later. Here is a pic of the beautiful bracelet I got a couple of months ago. It is a Hallmark charm bracelet and hope to add a charm from out next trip.

Until next time
This is just a plan
A Disney Plan

Great update! I have two new shirts I want to buy for me before October. I haven't even started thinking about the kids in the family I'm going with. I know I can't leave it up to their parents or they'll be there in just regular clothes (oh the horror! ! Lol.) Good luck on the weight loss. I'm down 4 pounds since the New Year. (It wasn't a New Years Resolution just the way the start happened to fall.) I have 76 to go!

Just wanted to write and let you know that there is nothing to worry about All-Star Movies...I have stayed there multiple times, and it had been nothing but great each time. Also, super sweet of your friend to share her discounts...I am also a Disney Store employee, and boy the discounts really help to make a trip more manageable. ENJOY! I can't wait to read more about your savings!

Great update! I have two new shirts I want to buy for me before October. I haven't even started thinking about the kids in the family I'm going with. I know I can't leave it up to their parents or they'll be there in just regular clothes (oh the horror! ! Lol.) Good luck on the weight loss. I'm down 4 pounds since the New Year. (It wasn't a New Years Resolution just the way the start happened to fall.) I have 76 to go!

:rotfl:That is so true. Going to Disney with out wearing Disney cloths?!?! Oh the horror:rotfl2: I have lost and gained the same 5 pounds for the last 2 months so it is time to get serious. I have cut out Soda (Ok maybe one a day but eventually totally cutting it out) and want to start doing Zumba again. Mine wasn't a New Years resolution but a Disney Resolution. :cheer2: Good luck with your weight loss goals. I am sure that you will do great.:thumbsup2

Just wanted to write and let you know that there is nothing to worry about All-Star Movies...I have stayed there multiple times, and it had been nothing but great each time. Also, super sweet of your friend to share her discounts...I am also a Disney Store employee, and boy the discounts really help to make a trip more manageable. ENJOY! I can't wait to read more about your savings!

Thank you for popping in and setting my fears at rest. We were supposed to stay at All Stars Sports back in 2011 but changed it to Pop when something came available there. I know we will be fine just worried with 3 kids. But at least I will have my friend to help me. She is amazing. This woman is so amazing that not only did she offer to use her discount for our trip but when I received her Christmas card I was stunned to find a $100 check inside. While me and my family were at are lowest she had actually taken up a collection for my family. I was awed by this.:grouphug:

Good morning Disney Peeps. Another great day here in frigid Chicago. Why? Because we are one day closer to our Disney Trip!!! Who couldn't be excited about that. Right now I am sitting here on my computer watching a Disney Documentary on the TV. Loving it!!!
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Nothing really new to announce on the savings side here. I just counted my Disney Jar and I have about $30 in it. :thumbsup2Not a huge amount but we are getting there. I am probably doing some shopping today or tomorrow so we will have some extra money going to our various apps then. I was also thinking of posting on facebook to some local groups my services of hemming pants and skirts to earn some extra cash. We will have to see if I have the time first. Between work and being a single parent to 4 kids my days get pretty busy.
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

So I would love to make this thread more interactive. So I will be asking questions of you and hope that you will decide to answer them. It will give us a chance to get to know each other better. So today's question is what is your favorite ride? Now you can answer your favorite all time Disney Ride or favorite ride for each park.

Magic Kingdom: Haunted Mansion
Epcot: Sorin'
Disney's Hollywood Studio: Tower of Terror
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro's Safari

So there is mine what is yours?

Well that is about it for today my friends. How to post more about plans and savings soon.
Until then
That is just a plan
A Disney Plan!!

Right now I am sitting here on my computer watching a Disney Documentary on the TV. Loving it!!!
popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
What Disney Documentary? I want to watch!!!!
Oh and my favorite rides are. Soarin' and Carousel of Progress. Although I have to say that I am heartbroken that tomorrow is the last day of the Welcome Show at the train station. It just won't be the same from the castle stage.:sad::sad:

So today's question is what is your favorite ride? Now you can answer your favorite all time Disney Ride or favorite ride for each park.

Magic Kingdom: Big Thunder Mountain
Epcot: Test Track
Disney's Hollywood Studio: Tower of Terror (MY ULTIMATE FAVORITE)
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest (but only once or twice, makes me a tad queasy)

Wow! A lot has happened since the last time I popped over to check out your PTR! I'm sorry things were hard this past summer, but I'm so glad you will still be able to go to WDW!!! You are over halfway on your savings and that is great because you have time to get the rest saved up with moving your dates to August.

What Disney Documentary? I want to watch!!!!
Oh and my favorite rides are. Soarin' and Carousel of Progress. Although I have to say that I am heartbroken that tomorrow is the last day of the Welcome Show at the train station. It just won't be the same from the castle stage.:sad::sad:
My son found it on YouTube and I am not sure of the name. It was pretty cool and talked about he bought land in Florida under different names and how the park almost didn't happen when Walt died. Try looking at Disney Documentary in YouTube.
I know what you mean. I only seen the Welcome show once but am glad I got to see it at least that once. Back before the did the Fantasyland expansion I did Snow White. I had no urge to see it but I am glad to do it at least once before it was gone forever.

I really hope you reach your goal!!!!!!
Thank You!

Wow! A lot has happened since the last time I popped over to check out your PTR! I'm sorry things were hard this past summer, but I'm so glad you will still be able to go to WDW!!! You are over halfway on your savings and that is great because you have time to get the rest saved up with moving your dates to August.
Hey glad to see you back. It was a hard summer but it means that this is even more important. We need something to celebrate!! I am glad to be where we are. We basically already have enough money for the room so the additional money will be for food and goodies. We can decide more about food depending on money. I think I will do reservations and if I can't afford them I can always cancel them. Moving my trip to August was definitely the way to go. 3 months more to save and we are going to be there for my birthday!!!
Magic Kingdom POTC
Epcot Test Track
HS Toy Story Mania
AK Safai
Great picks. I love those as well. I would say that they are all my second favorite except for AK which is my favorite!!!

I know it has been a couple of days since my last update and I would like to update at least every other day but my kids are bugging me to use computer. I will get on later tonight to do an update when they all go to bed. Until later.

Love this PTR!!..your ideas for saving are awesome...I'm following along too!...we have staying at ASMo..3 times and have loved it each time...no problems with busses ! You will enjoy your stay there!

Love this PTR!!..your ideas for saving are awesome...I'm following along too!...we have staying at ASMo..3 times and have loved it each time...no problems with busses ! You will enjoy your stay there!

Welcome Tiggergal15:welcome:

Thank you so much. I really do love writing these PTR's and if I can help someone save for a Walt Disney Trip all the better. Thank you for chiming in on the buses at ASMo. When it comes to Walt Disney World (or any where for that matter) someone is always complaining about something. I am glad you have enjoyed that resort and getting more excited about it. I love movies. I inherited my brothers movies and with my own I currently own over 700 movies.:scared1:party:

So I don't have any huge plans to announce for today but it isn't going to stop me from writing a new post.
:confused3Why? :confused3
Because as my son says. . .I am absolutely Disney crazy.
But that is alright. At least I am not just crazy!!
:crazy:Or am I?:crazy:

Yet in all seriousness I am a little sad about my eldest sons uncaring attitude toward Disney. :guilty:Of course is excited about going on some of the thrill rides but otherwise is not as excited as the rest of us to go. I told him he could stay home and he actually said, "OK.":sad:
What happened to the Disney loving freak I raised??
Hopefully it is just a faze that he will grow out of.:thumbsup2

So here is a little bit more on the cloths planning stage. Liam can pack the cloths he wants (as long as he packs enough for the week) but I am hoping he packs a couple Disney shirts.
He has a really cool Storm Trooper one that would be perfect for Hollywood Studios.
Yea, that's the one.

Aidan will be in T-shirts and shorts. Ameliya and I will have shirt, dresses, shorts, and leggings. I am leaning more toward leggings because they are just so darn comfy. :goodvibes(and hopefully I don't have to rewrite this again Because this is the 3rd time because I keep accidentally erasing it.) I am even thinking of some Disney Bounding but only if items are affordable. That being said, I need to really look at what we already own, what fits, and what we need to purchase.:scratchin

Did anyone get any incredible Disney Christmas gifts? I honestly did not get a lot but I am loving what I did get!!

I received these four Tsum Tsum's on the bottom row of this picture as well as the Snow White poster.

Plus I also received this Diary which I hope to crack open soon. It will be perfect to bring to the parks and take notes for my TR.

I also received these two coloring books and some coloring pencils. Ok so most of these were bought by me and put under the tree (some were Goodwill finds) but it doesn't make them any less special. I even started coloring the the villains one today. I will share as soon as I am finished.

So here is where we are at with Saving. I still have $900 on Disney Gift Cards but we are really close to getting more soon.

I have $138.18 on Ibotta, Checkout 51, Saving Star, Field Agent, and Walmart Savings Catcher. I also have $40 on Target Gift Cards and about $66 in my Disney Savings Jar. So we will probably will see where I am at at the end of the month and cash out for more Disney Gift Cards.

And who doesn't love Disney Gift Cards!!
party::jumping1:party:

Here are some screen shots of my spread sheets. I told you I am obsessed.

We will end today's post with a picture and a question. The picture is of my new Birbaum's 2017 Official Guide to Walt Disney World!!

The Question is what is your favorite Park?
If I have to choose it is Magic Kingdom but only if you make me choose and by a slim margin.

Until next time
It's just a plan
A Disney Plan

Last edited:
Welcome Tiggergal15:welcome:

Thank you so much. I really do love writing these PTR's and if I can help someone save for a Walt Disney Trip all the better. Thank you for chiming in on the buses at ASMo. When it comes to Walt Disney World (or any where for that matter) someone is always complaining about something. I am glad you have enjoyed that resort and getting more excited about it. I love movies. I inherited my brothers movies and with my own I currently own over 700 movies.:scared1:party:
Just a tip...take a 1/2 hour and walk all around the resort..there is a winners circle in the Herbie section..and lots of photo opportunities!

Just a tip...take a 1/2 hour and walk all around the resort..there is a winners circle in the Herbie section..and lots of photo opportunities!

Thanks for the tip. On our first day we tend to settle into the room and then head to the pool. We will definitely take the time to explore the resort as we head down to the pool.

So today's post I wanted to talk about the thing most of use dread dealing with. Bullies!! To be more precise, Internet bullies. Or in our cases Disney internet bullies. If you are like me you have dealt with the person who remarks that they can not believe you are going to Disney AGAIN!! Be it what ever reason they cite. That there other places to go, that it is to expensive, that they don't like it...whatever!! I has even gotten worse with today's population that can say what is on their mind with a key stroke and hide behind a computer monitor. There are even those who will go in and start an argument only to sit back and watch the havoc they start. Even on here people get over heated by others peoples posts and go crazy causing admins to shut down posts and kick off users. Just recently I have been the subject of such a bully. I must admit that I fell for the trap and let it get to me which might have made it even worse. I heard a "so called" friend had been talking about me behind my back. More specifically on how I was able to afford to go to Disney AGAIN!! Instead of letting it go and roll off my back (which I should have) I posted on Facebook that all my bills are paid, no one helps me pay the bills I have, and I was happy to be going to Disney again. That is when all hell broke out. Most of the comments on the post were positive. "Congrats!!" "I am so excited for you!!" "You need it after the year you just had." But 2 people decided to get mean. Really mean. One was a girl that I knew from when I was a countess at the Ren Faire. She also was in the Queens court. The other was a cousin. I was told that I should not be going to Disney. That if I had to go on vacation I should only spend $600. Where was all this money I had saved when I was homeless. That I should be using my money else where after the year I had. It went on and on. Now at this point I gave up. I tried to reason with these people and show them what I have been doing to earn my money to go. That if they followed my lead they could use the extra money to go on their own vacation, no matter where that was. At one point I unfriended the one who went on to start sending me PM's and I ended up blocking her. As for my cousin I made one last statement and refused to go on any more with her. And yes I am ready to unfriend her as well if she starts up with me.

Now here is the reason for my rant. I am not one who likes confrontation. I know those out there who will pick a fight just for a good debate even if they do not believe in what they are saying. I am not one of them. I have seen many posts on social media that I do not agree with and I just keep "swimming". I do not comment on a post that "do you really think you should spend that money" when I see someone asking about expensive electronics when I know they live on a limited budget. Just don't ask me for money when you have spent it all and need to pay rent. I have seen so many negative posts about Obama, Trump, and Clinton that I can't go a day with out scrolling past at least a half dozen or more. Do I comment? No!! It won't change anyone's attitude and will just start a fight. I do stand up for what I believe in but getting into a petty argument on social media is stupid. Especially if you do not know all the facts.

Because the facts that these two people did not care to learn about is that I have been saving for a while to do this trip. So far every cent gone in has been from these apps or from selling things through facebook garage sale sites, everything is on gift cards (to save the 5% on red card and use gift cards and savings catcher to buy gift cards) to save money but also to make sure I do not dip in to the fund to buy things I do not need. I know I have a weakness when I have saved money to spend it on things I don't need so out of sight out of mind. I live with in my means and I follow the rules. And being such a hard 2016 my family deserves a great 2017. If you don't like it then you don't have to look. We are not hurting you. Live and let live.

Sorry for the rant. I know you are all Disney lovers like me and would not get angry for me going to Disney even if I live on a very limited budget. I am sure most know exactly what I am talking about. Thank you for reading and I promise the next post will be much more fun.

I'm so jealous of your saving abilities. I cannot for the life of me figure out swagbucks and I'm still a little confused on shopkick (and forgetful). I do have checkout51 down perfectly and just requested $20! Ibotta seems to hate me recently though. I need to work on my couponing skills, but I admit I'm not really savvy enough to know what's a good deal and what isn't.

I have all of this motivation to be frugal and zero ability to apply it. Haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter