Going to disney on honeymoon. . need restaurant rec's :)

redfraggle

Earning My Ears
Hi all. .i'm a first time poster :)

My fiancee and i are going to disney for our honeymoon. . July 11 -19th 2004. . .

neither of us have been to disney in forever. .and i really want to make sure we eat at the right places

he's a picky eater. .so anyplace w/ variety would be great

also. . how far in advance can you make reservations??

Thanks!!

Amanda::MinnieMo

Amanda - First CONGRATS !!! Great place for a honeymoon. I think PS can be made 90 days in advance, I'm sure others will know definetly. Make sure when you call to tell them its your honeymoon. I'd recommend a meal at Cinderella's castle for the romance of eating there. Other suggestions would be Bomas (Animal Kingdom Lodge) the resort is beautiful and romantic and the buffet offers a wide variety and the food and desserts that are outstanding. After dinner you can walk around the lodge and hear the guides tell African stories around the firepit and look out at the animals with the night vision goggles. You may want to check out the illuminations dinner package or the fantasmic dinner package. My DH's favorite was Ohana at the Poly. You may want to check out the different menus at allears.net Again congrats and happy planning. You may want to get a Disney Guide specific for Honeymooners or Adults only trips I believe Birmbaum has one.

Congrats Amanda! As one who was married and honeymooned at WDW, you will no doubt have a wonderful time. I ceratinly agree with Twinglemum on Boma - would only add that they have a delicious breakfast buffet also and it is truly spectacular. As for romance, I would highly recommend Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian - yes, it is expensive but it is such a romantic and delicious meal! DW and I had one of the most spectacular meals and nights of our married life that night....

Have a wonderful honeymoon and congratulations again!

for Boma!! It is our favorite place to eat at WDW. Great food, interesting flavors, great quality and incredible atmosphere all in a great resort, AKL. After or before dinner you could enjoy the animals from the viewing areas. Would make for a great night!

My husband and I celebrated our Honeymoon at Disney back in 2001. It was absolutely wonderful. I have to say out of all of the restaurants we ate at Coral Reef was my favorie. Since we were on our honeymoon they made sure we got a table right next to the Aquarium, we got to see all of the different fish, stingrays, and turtles swimming right past us as we ate. Since I am an avid animal lover that was just the coolest. And everywhere we went to eat they did something special for us for our Honeymoon. At Crystal palace they put all of these little Mickey confetti on the table in the shape of a heart, and put a fresh cut flower right in the middle of it as a centerpiece. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Congratulations! My DH and I were married and honeymooned at WDW this past December. We had a terrific time, and I'm sure you will too! Some highlights of our trip were dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge (delicious meal with impeccable service), breakfast at Kona Cafe, and lunch at Le Cellier. We are picky eaters as well, so we love reviewing the menus at www.allearsnet.com to see if the restaurants have food that appeals to us.

I'd recommend LeCellier for lunch at Epcot. We were there last week, and it was quiet and the food was great. Don't miss the cheese soup.

There is a beautiful garden just outside of it thats nice too.

Congratulations! Good choice for a honeymoon! My hubby and I honeymooned there in September!

Here are some of the places we most enjoyed in WDW: (keep in mind I'm a VERY picky eater too and found something to eat at each place - and enjoyed it all!)

Artist Pointe at Wilderness Lodge
Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge (AMAZING food and atmosphere here)
California Grill at Contemporary Resort

For a good "kick back" meal:
ESPN Club at Boardwalk
Hoop-Dee-Doo at Fort Wilderness
Fulton's Crab House

Enjoy!!

I'll put a vote in for Marrakesh in Epcot. Incredible food, wonderful atmosphere, and the bellydancer is just cool. ;)

We loved the upstairs dining at Wolfgang Puck's in DTD. As for a seat near the window. It overlooks a lake and is very romantic!

Congratulations!!!

We met at WDW in 2000, and honeymooned there in 2002. My favorite honeymoon meal was at Boma. It was wonderful and romantic and the food was great.

Other favorites include CRT, California Grill, Ohana and Rose & Crown and Marrakesh at Epcot.

Good luck! Deciding where to eat was the most difficult part of planning our honeymoon, and the entire trip revolved around food. It was so much fun though!

congrats on the wedding.

i definitely recommend california grill (at the contemporary) and jiko (at animal kingdom lodge). another great place is flying fish cafe at the boardwalk.

Congrats.....Disney has a lot of great restaurants and what you like will be up to you.

I wouldn't consider a buffet like Boma romantic (and we weren't thrilled with it - but a lot of people think its fantastic). But there is PLENTY of variety, it is different, the AKL is really cool, and it isn't very expensive.

To a certain extent it depends on where you will be and how much you want to spend and what you are looking for in atmosphere. I love the atmophere of Artists Point - but it isn't cheap. Nor is California Grill. In general, the fanciest restaurants at the Deluxe hotels are going to have the (IMHO) best "honeymoon" atmosphere - but pricing to go with it. And you may not want to spend a lot of time on resort meals when park meals are more convienent when you are in the park. Le Cellier is a great choice for a park meal on a honeymoon. Kona Cafe is good stop for a honeymoon brunch (or dinner) without breaking the budget.

You may want to consider someplace in DTD, followed by a Pleasure Island evening.

I would say Coral Reef. My fiance and I ate there in 2002 and loved it. We had a table next to the tank. It was the only meal from that trip that we still talk about. We are going to WDW in June for our honeymoon and plan to go back. We are going to go for lunch though since it is sort of expensive for what you get. I have a question to ask to people who have honeymooned at Disney. Did you tell them it was your honeymoon while making your PS? I feel a little silly doing this but if it will get a better table, etc I would do it. Did you tell the host/hostess when you checked in at the restaurant? Thanks!

I told everyone about our honeymoon when making PS's. It's not embarrassing to tell them over the phone. Just make it flow into conversation. We were treated to a window seat at Cindy's (and wine goblets), window seats at Boma, and best of all...lucky table 13 for the Hoop Dee Doo!! It is front and center!! Not all the restaurants even made mention, but those that chose to were great!!!

I think the Hoop-De-Doo at FW would be a blast on a honeymoon. I also say the Flying Fish is a good choice, and it might be fun for you guys to sit at the cooking bar there. I personally would vote against Artist Point. The food is fantastic, but I always feel that it is overlighted...too bright for honeymooners, plus for some reason I always get seated in the middle of the room, where I feel like I'm on display. But that's just me. Narcoosee's at GF is romantic, and you get a great water view. If you time it right, you can see the electrical parade from your table.

Congrtulations! Honeymooning in WDW is the best. We did in 1990 and had the most wonderful time. My DH too is a very picky eater so we tend to do a lot of buffets. Our favorite is Cape May. It's very romantic strolling along the area after dinner. All the lights from the boardwalk and the water. We also did HDD on our honeymoon and it was so fun. They asked the audience if there were any honeymoons or anniversarys. Sitting along one of the tables in World Showcase after dark with a drink or snack was really romantic too plus you get to people watch. I know this sounds too sweet but everything is romantic on a honeymoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter